Login

russian armor

War Spoils - Let's talk.

22 Jul 2014, 03:12 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Hi folks,

We've just put up a new blog post regarding War Spoils, and community feedback we've received so far.

You can read it here: http://bit.ly/LetsTalkWarSpoils

Thanks!
22 Jul 2014, 03:20 AM

TL; DR version:

Hooray

Starting on Tuesday, July 22nd you will start to see Western Front Armies Commanders in the Free Commander Rotation. We will continue to also feature other commanders, ensuring that players who don’t yet own the Western Front Armies still get to try premium content.

In addition to placing the Western Front Armies Commanders in the Free Rotation, we will be adding them to the Steam store for purchase on July 23rd
22 Jul 2014, 03:47 AM

22 Jul 2014, 03:50 AM

If vet 2 (Rifle) company is in rotation without being fixed, I refuse to play axis in this period.

This shit break the balance even more than the initial Elite Doctrine.
22 Jul 2014, 03:56 AM
Patrion 15

Glad to see that there will be more than one avenue for people to gain access commanders. Welcome news!

Also, I agree with pory on the rifle commander, its totally broken.
22 Jul 2014, 04:05 AM

Sort of unrelated to the actual topic, I wanted to compliment Cynthia (or whoever wrote it) on the blog post. A lot of game companies (and even sites like Forbes.com) post embarrassingly bad pieces of writing. This blog post was clear and concise, so well done.
22 Jul 2014, 04:39 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

Welcome news. I concur with their findings about what is at the heart of the issue for players, and it seems they are taking every avenue needed to address player concerns.
22 Jul 2014, 04:42 AM
Patrion 14

+1
22 Jul 2014, 05:06 AM

Now, fix them constant freezes and I'm happy.
22 Jul 2014, 06:01 AM
Donator 11

I for one am EXTREMELY happy about this change! I have been wanting to try out the USF commanders for weeks now! Finally comes my chance.
22 Jul 2014, 06:02 AM
Patrion 14

Hi folks,

We've just put up a new blog post regarding War Spoils, and community feedback we've received so far.

You can read it here: http://bit.ly/LetsTalkWarSpoils

Thanks!

Cynthia, did I read this correctly?

As a thank-you to all of our existing users, we granted them with every piece of legacy progression content from the previous system.

Does that mean you generously let me keep the DLC stuff I already paid for? If there was any other 'system' prior to that I certainly didn't get any content from it.

Yes, I'm a disgruntled Collector's Edition customer who was screwed over.

22 Jul 2014, 06:11 AM

Cynthia, did I read this correctly?

Does that mean you generously let me keep the DLC stuff I already paid for? If there was any other 'system' prior to that I certainly didn't get any content from it.

Sounds more like you get all the old bulletins that were unlockable for free. Not something you paid for.
22 Jul 2014, 06:14 AM

Good stuff. Maybe will buy one or two of those USA / OKW commanders.

Any speculations what this new value to duplicates would mean? Some trade system? Crafting (like in other MMORPG's :) ) ?
22 Jul 2014, 06:32 AM

First off, thank you Relic for allowing players to purchase what they want. I really appreciate it because I dont have the time to put 200 hours in the game, only to find that i continue to get the same pathfinder bulletin. I have School and work and trying to grind through an RNG Wall is just a waste. I can only really play a game or two a day, but when I have to play 3 hours only to unlock a measly duplicate of a commander I already paid for....well that is just insulting.

It will make you money, however keeping duplicates will certainly continue to enrage your customers. I fear buying a commander only to unlock his duplicate the very next game i play.

Relic wont tell us what the duplicates are for. Even after reading their blog on why they did what they did still doesnt make a whole lot of sense.

1.) There should have been no duplicates from the beginning.
2.) We should have been allowed to buy premiums from the beginning. (no duplicate)
3.) We also need to be allowed to unlock them through war spoils.

with no duplicates that system would have worked perfectly and would have been exactly what the community would have liked.

It would not have needed to be improved on except for maybe a few minor tweaks here and there.

It wouldnt have felt like unlocking commanders was like pushing water up a hill of duplicate faceplates.

It would have felt like unlocking the unwanted faceplate or bulletin was getting it out of the way of your chances at a new commander. thus, even unwanted unlocks would have been rewarding in the sense that they still highten your chances at something new each time you unlock anything.

but now you're being vague and telling us to wait and see what is next.

why are you even considering to keep the duplicate plague that is suffocating your game?

better yet, your blog practically told us that you released War Spoils before it was ready. Why did you do that?
22 Jul 2014, 06:34 AM

+1

This is another step in the right direction. A small one, but very important nonetheless.

I'm very happy Relic is listening to customer feed-back although they could speed up the time it takes to make small but obvious improvements like this.

I'm still very eager to do something with my 4 duplicate bulletins and 3 duplicate faceplates.

Also congrats to Cynthia for a very well written blog post.
22 Jul 2014, 06:35 AM

about damn time.
22 Jul 2014, 06:38 AM
Patrion 310

22 Jul 2014, 06:53 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Very good

In particular I note:

To date, the War Spoils system has dropped over 527,832 content items. We would like to advise players to not delete duplicate content you receive, as value will be added to these items as the system evolves.

From observations and interactions with the community, we’ve identified the following issues as high priority to address
•A purpose and value for duplicate items
•A need for correlation between skill/game outcome: If you have an awesome game, the system should account for that
•The inclusion of Western Front Armies Commanders in the store, available for purchase

So duplicates are intentional, but they have not yet worked out what to do with them

Not sure why they gave people the ability to delete if they advise not to use it, but otherwise very welcome
22 Jul 2014, 07:30 AM

i am amazed at the fact that not a single person voiced his concerns about commanders being buyable. there might be hope for this community after all

i say that because ive been hardcore farming (250+ hours since release) and only got 2 out of 6 commanders so far and its really frustrating. especially if i had spent all that time actually playing rather than having the AI slug it out for me, while i check back every 2 hours or so...
that of course was only possible because i had to be at home anyways (studying)... if i actually had to go to university each day or if i had a full time job i probably wouldnt have recieved any commander at all.... which seems to be the case for many people around here

so yeah i, too, welcome the option to buy those commanders
22 Jul 2014, 07:58 AM
Patrion 14

a bit off topic but can relic re-do all of vcoh2 winter skins? they are barely different from each other and the new skins for wfa factions outshine them so much. especially the black and yellow skin for okw. that skin is hot.

i kinda feel you but at least it's better for the whole community.

maybe they can make a exclusive faceplatse or skins for us who spent a lot of dollars on dlcs, not knowing we might receive them for free in the future.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS