Login

russian armor

Ettelbruck station unbalance - team games

22 Jul 2014, 01:25 AM

Oct Edit! - Some of the problems in this post has been addressed. Sega has responded to some imbalances by removing the green cover by the left munitions point, removing some fence near the top of the bottom munitions point (for easier rotation to the central VP) and removing debris from the top left capture point (as well as removing the choke so the left side can retake their point easily). Not sure if spawn points were increased/reduced for any side yet though.

Video: http://youtu.be/4urlnc8FKRc

I play a lot of team games and this map bugs me a lot. Seems like a coin flip for who wins this match. Because the right side has a huge advantage over the left side.

To name a few problems:
- The left side is very vulnerable to flanking and their forward points are very open towards the enemy leading to an easy decap and destruction of caches.

- They have one point of entry to the top point whereas the right side has two points of entry.

- The right side has a choke point near middle where they can camp and watch top and bottom safely. While the left side has a significantly harder to defend choke and the left side cannot watch mid and bot from the same position (more running distance). Mortars on the right side are easier to defend than the same on the left side.

- The left side has two buildings near middle at full HP which are very dangerous when enemy infantry (right side's troops) garrison into them. These two buildings overwatch the point that behind them which helps the right side contain the left side. While the right side does not have the mirrored buildings but instead has an alley way which is much less dangerous and can be easily defended.

- At the southern point, between the southern VP and the left munitions there is green cover for an MG to be placed that can watch the entire munitions point as well as the choke.

- Also the spawns seem to favour the right side. Right side units spawn more very close to their top neutral point. The left side has to move their units down a bit, through a choke to get to theirs.

- Fuel points could use some mirroring as well. The left side's fuel is covered by buildings but the right side's fuel points are not covered. Meaning right side's units can shoot as soon as they can see them but the left side must move around some buildings.

Just a couple complaints I have with this map.

tl;dr Ettelbruck Station unbalanced in team games
22 Jul 2014, 01:41 AM

Could you please say in which teamgames? If I recall correctly this map is in rotation for 3v3 or 4v4, but is actually best played on as a 2v2. Most of the issues you list matter a lot less in a 2v2, probably also a 3v3, as the map gets a lot less cramped. This opens up far more flanking routes and makes camping harder.
22 Jul 2014, 13:33 PM

3v3 and 4v4's

I'll make a video later today about all the things I've talked about in this thread.

Edit: Video added to OP
23 Jul 2014, 01:33 AM

4v4 on this map is an utter slug fest with whoever can take out their enemies indirect units first and just a-move towards their side.
23 Jul 2014, 01:38 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

Quite frankly this map is too small for 3v3 and 4v4. I have had it veto'd in my team games since release, and do not regret it.
23 Jul 2014, 02:30 AM

Not that anyone really cares about 3v3 and 4v4, but I personally veto this map when playing as US. It's far too difficult to beat turtling OKW players, especially when your Jacksons are forced to face-tank shells because of all of the narrow streets and chokepoints. Superior German arty also makes it a nightmare.
23 Jul 2014, 02:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge

tbh this map probably should be classified as 2v2 to 3v3 not 4v4
23 Jul 2014, 03:35 AM
Patrion 310

Just played a 4v4 on it. Way too cramped and turns into a massive arty fest. Jagdtiger is simply insane on this map. My team had two of them, can just leave them to sit and shoot and various things. Be able to shoot through obstacles is very imbalanced on this map. Allied armour didn't stand a chance when they are pretty much getting 2 shot. Stuka HT is crazy good here as well due to all the alleys.

I think this would be a much better 2v2 map, maybe a 3v3 but I think it needs opening up more on the right hand side of the map. Too many buildings and ruins, just so damn cramped.
23 Jul 2014, 08:40 AM

For the sake of god, this map should be removed from 4v4 automatch, just mindless blobbing and arty spam.
23 Jul 2014, 09:00 AM

Rostov 2.0
23 Jul 2014, 10:32 AM

I'd also put this map into the 2v2 rotation, but remove it from 3v3 and 4v4. Keep it a 4v4 so it can still be played like this in custom games, yet do not force it upon people.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 02:30 AMCrysack
Not that anyone really cares about 3v3 and 4v4, ...

I would not say that. The 4v4 community is usually just not as vocal, as a lot of 1v1 players think they are all that is important. 1v1 is actually the smallest part of the community. There are more vs AI players than 1v1 players. 3v3 and 4v4 are by far the biggest part of the community, so I wouldn't say nobody cares for that.
23 Jul 2014, 16:01 PM

I had a disgusting game on this map last night. A bunch of Kats with insane # kills and a B-4 that was untouchable and nuked everything in sight. Totally ridiculous for 4 players
23 Jul 2014, 16:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 01:38 AMOhme
Quite frankly this map is too small for 3v3 and 4v4. I have had it veto'd in my team games since release, and do not regret it.

same unfortunately i always get into a group and they forget to veto it and it is always the first map we have to play. win or lose we veto it immediately afterwards. it is just too small for 4v4. i want Montargis Region and route n17(or whatever # it was) in rotation. those were such classics.
23 Jul 2014, 16:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 01:38 AMOhme

I completely agree but there are still some issues with the map regarding sides. Right side is much more advantageous than the left.

Oh yeah, another problem is artillery can shell the base to base. Build it in your base and it can shell the enemy's base.
30 Oct 2014, 16:42 PM

Hello, just wanted to say that I'm really happy that Sega made some small fixes to this map. Especially that green cover on the bottom left munitions point and removing debris from the top left capture point.

^^ I hope my post was considered in the remake of this map. I'll be removing this map off veto from now on!
30 Oct 2014, 16:45 PM

This map is kinda wonky. It either provides easy wins or fast losses
30 Oct 2014, 16:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 16:45 PMNinjaWJ
This map is kinda wonky. It either provides easy wins or fast losses

With the new fixes it shouldn't be like that because the map only becomes crazy after every player acquires some artillery.

I'm really glad they fixed some of the major imbalances of this map. It should be more even now.
30 Oct 2014, 17:13 PM

When did it get fixed?!?!?!?
30 Oct 2014, 17:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I see they haven't fixed an evil way to get kills on that map. The left base has a garrisinable building right in their spawns. So you can spawn falls and Jaeger light infantry from there. ideal to kill retreated snipers :sealed:

VOTE:
https://trello.com/c/blX0lXdp/110-spawn-in-enemy-base-via-ambient-building
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight