Login

russian armor

Defensive doctrine tip

21 Jul 2014, 16:41 PM

Hey guys I do not have this commander but I have a cool idea I have never seen anyone do. So you know how the reketenwerfer can garrison buildings right? well how bout having your volks grens throw down a bunker in a favorable location (like maybe to protect your flack hq building) and throwing a little AT gun in it? Use the reinforced barbed wire to constrict angles of attack so it is difficult to flank or drive around.
21 Jul 2014, 21:51 PM

I started experimenting with heavy fortifications sturmpioners can build and they seem really cool.. have not tried trenches much yet though.

I'm kind of concerned with how the squads fare when the trench is destroyed... could someone make some tests please? I don't feel like figuring out how cheat mod works for this :P
21 Jul 2014, 21:52 PM

The rakenterwerfer can also be used in a trench and luckily, you can try it since you already got the fallschirmjager commander. (plus the trench is free)

It gets an incredible range and a bigger cone once in a trench. I'm surprised not many people use it yet.

*Edit: They would die if the trench is destroyed, but it can take a beating for sure.
22 Jul 2014, 02:09 AM

I tried this today but was disappointed I couldn't change the direction of aim.
22 Jul 2014, 02:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2014, 21:52 PMaxel410

It gets an incredible range and a bigger cone once in a trench. I'm surprised not many people use it yet.

*Edit: They would die if the trench is destroyed, but it can take a beating for sure.

Whoa... it gets range and arc of fire increase? how come? funny I never knew that.. also when trench is destroyed the squad is not insta gibed like they are in buildings. although they do take some damage. ( I had conscripts in 1... it got destroyed and only 1 died)
22 Jul 2014, 02:52 AM

I tried this today but was disappointed I couldn't change the direction of aim.

Well yea, its like putting an mg in it
22 Jul 2014, 04:01 AM

It does not increase the range, but it does increase the arc. Sorry the range isn't in the screenshots, but I checked and there's no difference.

22 Jul 2014, 04:08 AM

That is an awesome arc increase, I am shocked I have never seen anyone do it, there are so many applications. Plus it helps protect the little AT gun for it really dies quickly
22 Jul 2014, 18:19 PM

My bad, I thought the range was increased as well, but that's just because of that big a** arc.

Thanks for the picture!
29 Jul 2014, 21:28 PM

I've never tried this against actual players, but, it can be quite fun against the AI.
Make sure you protect your werfer trench/bunker with a flak track, otherwise flame throwers can chew it up quite easily.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★