Login

russian armor

The SU76

22 Jul 2014, 18:55 PM

Increase its penetration so it can actually occasionally damage the front of medium tanks other than Panther.

Give it more infantry killing ability

Increase the price if necessary.
22 Jul 2014, 19:22 PM

Remove the unit and replace it with a garbage can. For a 50 munitions upgrade the garbage can has a maxim strapped to it.
22 Jul 2014, 19:30 PM

Increase its penetration so it can actually occasionally damage the front of medium tanks other than Panther.

Give it more infantry killing ability

Increase the price if necessary.

I do think it needs to be much more useful, but increasing the price isnt needed. Su-76m is supposed to be a decent cheap price, but effective.

It would be nice if barrage was a toggleable ability that changes the main gun by allowing it to shoot curved HE shells with some scatter, but it can still move, but slightly slower. That'll actually give it some AI power. And i hate having to cancel the barrage because the enemy moved 5 feet. An adjustable way to fire those shells would make it effective.

It is legit a ZiS-3 gun on a tractor, but if it had low damage, good pen, but the same reload as the ZiS-3 - at least allowing it to get good shots off from afar since its a long ranged weapon, but its current pen is too weak for its effective range. Its just terrible to have one when there are medium tanks around, and this thing stands no chance against OKW.
22 Jul 2014, 19:50 PM

I'm just saying if it is too cheap when it becomes a good unit increase its price. I rather have a useful more expensive unit than a cheap useless one.

Right now it is basically a mobile barrage platform.
22 Jul 2014, 20:15 PM

I like this unit when the enemy has a lot of mgs or mortars. You can get it out quick enough to have an impact for a couple of minutes and it vets up real fast. Plus it comes from the building that gives you SU-85. So you can punish someone who has dug in, still retain some at and the barrage is useful the entire game, and be able to get those su 85s out late game. It's a great utility unit imo.
22 Jul 2014, 20:15 PM

^I thought it was okay AT in numbers (3 at least)?
22 Jul 2014, 20:26 PM

its just kind of a strange unit. its got decent pen, so its great AT against light vehicles due to its high rate of fire. starts to struggle a bit against medium tanks, but with support and enough luck, it can still do well. its barrage ability makes is good against buildings and weapon team. without the barrage, its about as useful as an su85 is against infantry.

unfortunately, the zis is also AT and indirect fire. the only real advantage it has over a zis is speed.

so really its just an inexpensive hybrid between an su85 and katyusha, but vastly inferior to both of them. not really worth the cost, especially considering its durability.
22 Jul 2014, 20:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 20:15 PMMadeMan
^I thought it was okay AT in numbers (3 at least)?

It's powerful if you have 3, 1 is still effective if used in conjunction with at nades, at guns and su 85. The unit is not supposed to be meant for AT. It does the job of both the katyusha and su-85 just not nearly as well as those very specialized units.
28 Jul 2014, 23:37 PM

Somehow su76 reminds me of old panzer elite light at halftrack, maybe just because it is as squishy and even though it has good rate of fire it doesn´t really do that much against medium armor.

What if tracking was replaced with some kind of tread breaker ability? This way it would have some added use against anything heavier than armored cars and halftracks. It would cost munitions and require veterancy, maybe even vet2 or 3.
28 Jul 2014, 23:42 PM

Totally forgot about this unit. Has become completely useless since the release of WFA, and I havent used it or seen it in a game since.
28 Jul 2014, 23:54 PM

Do it the relic way and double all the stats!

It could get a minor (fuel-)price decrease or buffs to make it more attractive.
29 Jul 2014, 00:09 AM

It's one of the most disappointing units in the game, espec. in light of the fact that the SU-76 played a big role in the war alongside the T-34.

I would revise into this:

400 HP, paper armor

M8 style auto-barrage

Same penn and damage (160) as the T-34/76. 60 range.
29 Jul 2014, 01:07 AM

It's one of the most disappointing units in the game, espec. in light of the fact that the SU-76 played a big role in the war alongside the T-34.

I would revise into this:

400 HP, paper armor

M8 style auto-barrage

Same penn and damage (160) as the T-34/76. 60 range.

That's exactly what relic would do.

Enhanced survivability (400 HP means it doesn't get two shotted) plus M8 style auto-barrage is a big buff in its own rights, together with the third buff it is just way over the top.
29 Jul 2014, 07:43 AM

Give it HE / AP ammo.
29 Jul 2014, 08:41 AM

Love my SU-76Ms, I regularly get 3 of them for something different and to use to try to knock out locked down German armour...

I agree that it is ridiculously easy to lose (Elefant 1 shots it for example, which shouldn't happen) and the cost is too high, even the penetration is meh, bounces off a PIV a good deal...

Still enjoy them a lot though. :)
29 Jul 2014, 08:53 AM

The problem I see is that it comes in the same building as the Katusha and the SU-85. I can't imagine a situation where I would pick the Su-76m over the Kat or the SU-85.

I still think they should switch it with the T-70.
29 Jul 2014, 09:09 AM
Donator 11

I believe right now it needs nothing more than getting exactly same damage profile as t-34/76. It would make a cheaper t-34 with no turret and armour but with range and occasionally barrage that you could get from t4 building which was ment for assault guns. The price is ok now couse it will be fuel expesive for the universal gun and manpower cheap for no armour.
29 Jul 2014, 13:19 PM

It should be something like the mortar tank from USA but firing only when not moving.

Very interesting point sir! In fact as it stand right now (Armour,rotation, damage output, ect) this would be viable imo. The teching cost and price of the 76 is more than the US M8, and the 76 is currently redundant as it is.
29 Jul 2014, 15:33 PM

70 fuel

50 range, same penn/damage/AI as T-34/76

auto-barrage with some ROF restrictions

That's exactly what relic would do.

Enhanced survivability (400 HP means it doesn't get two shotted) plus M8 style auto-barrage is a big buff in its own rights, together with the third buff it is just way over the top.
nee
29 Jul 2014, 16:15 PM

I do think it needs to be much more useful, but increasing the price isnt needed. Su-76m is supposed to be a decent cheap price, but effective.

It would be nice if barrage was a toggleable ability that changes the main gun by allowing it to shoot curved HE shells with some scatter, but it can still move, but slightly slower. That'll actually give it some AI power. And i hate having to cancel the barrage because the enemy moved 5 feet. An adjustable way to fire those shells would make it effective.
Cannot disagree here.

A toggled barrage would effectively make this unit dual-role as a super-mortar, and can compensate for lower rate of fire, relatively shorter range, and turn slower/ lower sight range. It could even be unlocked only for vet1.

Switching places with the T-70 also makes sense: the T-70 is great against attacking infantry because it can attack while moving given its turret. The prices for the units need not be swapped either, and the T-70 also dual-roles as a scouting unit for any long ranged AT.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★