Login

russian armor

Game Freeze Followed by Fast Forward

21 Jul 2014, 01:11 AM

As stated in the title, the game freezes for ~10 seconds where nothing happens on screen, followed by a fast forwarded game depicting the action that you missed, usually resulting in the deaths of all of your units which were in combat at the time.

This happens to me at least once every single game I play.

I know this happens to many players, so I figured I would create this thread so we could all sound off on this problem and get it fixed.
21 Jul 2014, 01:17 AM

This happens to all of us. I only had that problem a few times like once per game but recently it's happening every 10 seconds in any match and any map. I wonder if anyone else experience this lag this frequently I can't play coh like this.
21 Jul 2014, 01:24 AM
Patrion 310

I've only had it happen once and it froze for around 30s. Almost lost the game when it eventually returned because of how much I had missed :p. I've not had it happen since then but I've no idea what is causing it.
21 Jul 2014, 01:49 AM

It happens to me more and more with every update.
21 Jul 2014, 02:04 AM
Patrion 15

I have had this problem for a while now. Before it used to freeze about every 10 seconds, and was basically unplayable. I had this issue when I was alt-tabbed while loading. Now I don't have a problem with alt tabbing, but I'm having more and more issues that everyone else is having with game freezes. About 3-4 times a game the screen will freeze for ~7 seconds, followed by a fast forward. Sometimes it happens at really, really inopportune times. Also, units are at times ignoring my retreat commands, not sure if this is an AHK issue, but its costing me games.
21 Jul 2014, 02:06 AM

Same here freezes all the way it is such a pain. those freezes appeared like a few weeks ago.
21 Jul 2014, 03:02 AM
Donator 22

having the same problem with a pretty decent setup... Geforce GTX 660 TI, 16 gb ram, AMD ATHLON II X4 640 processor.... Not the best Processor but it does the job just fine for any other game on ultra settings...
30 Jul 2014, 02:07 AM

People who got freezing in the first 10 seconds in game, how many ram do you have ?

I used to have that issues too ( about 10 => 20 seconds when the game begin to start ) and I noticed that it was because of my ram.

At that time, I only have 4GB of Ram so when the game is loading, the HDD light is like went crazy.

After upgrade to 8GB of Ram, I never got problem with 10 second delay when the match start anymore and my HDD never light up when the game is loading.

But what make me extremely mad is when the game froze in the middle of the game for about 3,4 seconds, happens even when I play against CPU too so this is not because of my internet.

This game performance is very very very bad. I play BF4 in Full HD, ultra setting and still got 50FPS and run very smooth, not like COH2...

Game performance was bad but before WFA come out, 4GB of Ram still let me able to play the game when done loading, not like now.
30 Jul 2014, 02:14 AM

This usually only happens when I am viewing other programs with coh2 in windowed mode (Alt + Enter).
30 Jul 2014, 02:43 AM

This has been occurring since the release of WFA. You're not alone, I have been having it as well. Its really annoying and frustrating getting the hang time in a middle of and engagement and then it warping ahead to the present and you end up loosing that squad or vehicle because you couldn't do anything.
30 Jul 2014, 02:47 AM

I've lost 3 games in a row now because of this, most recently because I was flanking with my panzer and my game froze right as an SU85 comes out of the fog of war. 10 seconds later I come back just in time to see my panzer explode.

Uninstalled this sad excuse for a game until it's fixed.
30 Jul 2014, 06:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2014, 02:07 AMKyle
People who got freezing in the first 10 seconds in game, how many ram do you have ?

I used to have that issues too ( about 10 => 20 seconds when the game begin to start ) and I noticed that it was because of my ram.

At that time, I only have 4GB of Ram so when the game is loading, the HDD light is like went crazy.

After upgrade to 8GB of Ram, I never got problem with 10 second delay when the match start anymore and my HDD never light up when the game is loading.

But what make me extremely mad is when the game froze in the middle of the game for about 3,4 seconds, happens even when I play against CPU too so this is not because of my internet.

This game performance is very very very bad. I play BF4 in Full HD, ultra setting and still got 50FPS and run very smooth, not like COH2...

Game performance was bad but before WFA come out, 4GB of Ram still let me able to play the game when done loading, not like now.

Got 8GB of ram and this is still happening like in everybody else's case. So it's not about ram, it's not about internet connection, is about that damn' relic server maybe or something in the game that they cannot - or is to expensive to - fix.
The most curious thing is how they never commented here about this problem. Not even to say that they are on it and try to find the solution.
30 Jul 2014, 12:44 PM

Have you checked if it may be related to sound? With that I mean that as soon as the troops start shouting and gunfire starts, the game freezes up by the decriptions of the problem.
So it may be related to the computer loading the sound files. Maybe play around with the sound quality settings a bit, check if there is a new sound driver and defragment your hard disk.

Just a guess, though.

I also had comparable problems with an old version of Firefox and an old version of the flash player. The whole system would freeze (even the mouse) and after a while it would fast-forward. I was playing mainly LoL at that time but maybe check if it also happens after a fresh restart when nothing else has been opened before the game.
30 Jul 2014, 13:24 PM

Whatever it is, its on relic side and they are to blame for it.

They must have changed something with WFA and now people have the stuttering of 1-2 sec up to 20(20 sec freeze was my personal best).

And what is funny is, its NOT battleservers, its something within the game client itself that fucks stuff up.

How do I know that?

Because fucking REPLAYS freeze and stutter as well at random.
30 Jul 2014, 13:52 PM

It was happening before WFA too - on my old rig (which is 5 or 6 years old now) I was getting it pretty often in the vCoH2. Sometimes even several times in a game, for 10+ seconds each time.

Buying a new computer basically fixed those issues for me - it sometimes occur one time during an entire game now, for 1-2 seconds at most. Everything is maxed out though.

Still, it pretty much points at some issues on Relic side (optimization/memory leaks?).
31 Jul 2014, 18:27 PM

Would love to see the game move to 64 bit and also add in some Mantle Support. Aside from the Battle Server Patch they have yet to do any form of optimization for the game.
31 Jul 2014, 18:50 PM

Yup battle servers have been atrocious since WFA.
31 Jul 2014, 19:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2014, 18:50 PMRogers
Yup battle servers have been atrocious since WFA.

Except its not battle servers.

Replays stutter and freeze to fast forward too.
31 Jul 2014, 19:23 PM

That reminds me: Have you tried turning off replays? Best google how, it is a bit tricky. But maybe it helps. Downside is that you won't be able to record replays, though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS