Login

russian armor

2v2 vs OKW pains

20 Jul 2014, 17:08 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

IM really at my wits end on how to deal with OKW in 2v2 on maps like chokeholds,like minsk,Kharkov,Okariver,Hurtgen,or troispoint.

All they do is walk up to our nearest fuel point with a sturm pio and kubel,and it takes 5 mins to FINALLY push them off(If we ever manage to)

OR they put a health HQ right on the fucking point and spam volks and other lame shit around it.. and since t2+aa halftrack costs well over 100 fuel(in addition to me hating to use it..its so cheap and stupid just like the OKW) And i have no fuel because i got raped off my point before anything even happens.....its basically GG if we cant kill a kubelwagonsturm pio combo in the first 2 mins.

OR if you manage to beat both of those "strats",they just spam the living hell out of fusiliers or falls or you name it. All the way to the late game...and then we all know what happens then.

Its getting old playing the OKW. Yes you can beat them...they arent totally OP....Yet....but The whole design of this faction is retarded.
Elite OP Infantry and lame ass reinforce heal trucks,5 MINS INTO THE GAME,on a map like minsk.
What can you do if you make ONE mistake early on? Not a damn thing. Game over. Unless its 1v1..sure...but fuck 1v1.

OR you can just throw your troops into a meatgrinder for 20 mins,and hope they make a dumb mistake,

Is anyone else having this much trouble in 2v2? or am i a complaining idiot that should realize the okw is just unbelievably annoying on these maps??

Please dont say "JUST PLAY 1v1" "Team games arent balanced11!!11!" Because 2v2 is SUPPOSED to be the the perfect balance between tactical 1v1 gameplay,and the spamfest that is 3v3 and 4v4,without being too much of either. And currently it just makes me want to uninstall the game.
20 Jul 2014, 17:41 PM

How is Oka River a chokepoint map...?

I'm not even sure how to respond to your post constructively as I can't quite tell what problems you're having.

I personally find Kubelwagons very easy to deal with even when they are backed by 1-2 Stumpioneers. Use a buddy system. Spread out in pairs. Jump into every building possible to zone out the enemy units. Envelop slowly and destroy them.

If he makes one mistake with the Kubelwagon everything goes to hell for him as well. Try to pressure his position from as many angles as possible. It's really not that bad.

Maps like Trios Point and Oka River Winter should be easy because buildings are plentiful. Riflemen and Rear Echelon squads in buildings are extremely dangerous to Kubelwagons and Sturmpioneers alike. Spread out and take those buildings to zone him out slowly.

If you hate these maps so much though then BAN them! What are you using your bans on if not the maps you hate? 2v2 has like the highest number of map bans available. Use em'!

Team games are great but I dunno how to help your desolated morale. You're describing issues too vaguely for me to really apply better advice than: use buildings/green cover and ban maps.
20 Jul 2014, 17:46 PM

Hmm. I didn't want to come off as derisive there when I said "Kubelwagons are very easy".

What I meant was that when I see them I basically look at that Kubelwagon as already dead.

It's a dead unit. A gamble to give himself a little early game advantage that if you play around it well will not pay off at all. The moment an M20, Captain or M15 AA Halftrack comes out it is a waste of 240 manpower. It's very often dead before even then!

Don't panic when you see a Kubel. It's a risk that he's taking. Disengage with it ASAP and engage it on your terms from multiple angles.
20 Jul 2014, 18:03 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Are you playing double US or mixed? or random team? Because I think double us is just bound to fail especially on chokepoint maps, Minsk is also bad for US because of the power of the kubel on that map.
I find US currently lacks good indirect fire options ,apart from m8 howitzer, especially in the early game.
Only tip is that you can spend fuel on nades, the smoke nades actually block vision and slow down vehicles. It has good range so it might be easier to catch a kubel that way
20 Jul 2014, 18:29 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

@Shep Oka and Trois are perfect for the shitty poo poo trucks.

and I cant veto the campy OKW friendly maps without having the EVEN MORE campy winter maps.

And usually...they Literally drive directly to the fuel point without capping anything else...and the CAMPaign begins,so i wont even have 3 rifles out by the time this happens.

@Saran I usually play with randoms

And they are almost always Double US.(i know im asking for trouble by playing with randoms....but all my friends just LOOOVE the OKW for some reason..i cant put my finger on it.)

20 Jul 2014, 20:07 PM

Upload a replay and people will be better able to identify what went wrong for you. Just describing the problem isn't working, as Shephard already said.
20 Jul 2014, 20:37 PM

@Shep Oka and Trois are perfect for the shitty poo poo trucks.

and I cant veto the campy OKW friendly maps without having the EVEN MORE campy winter maps.

And usually...they Literally drive directly to the fuel point without capping anything else...and the CAMPaign begins,so i wont even have 3 rifles out by the time this happens.

@Saran I usually play with randoms

And they are almost always Double US.(i know im asking for trouble by playing with randoms....but all my friends just LOOOVE the OKW for some reason..i cant put my finger on it.)

You don't need three Riflemen flank a Kubelwagon.

Kubels really don't lock down the map well enough to stop you from getting tech either.

My advice is to listen to the map. Listen for the Kubel. Can you hear the engine? Is it camping the fuel? Is he aggressively pushing it at your first units? It's still an MG. Avoid it early game. Almost every 2v2 map has a pretty easy to exploit cutoff point. Road to Kharkov is a great example. He's camping the fuel field? Jump over and double-team his ally or go for one of the many cut-off points and hurt his resources. There are plenty of buildings that you can garrison as well.

As the US forces you have the best mobility possible really with the most robust early game unit: the Riflemen. Use buildings to zone out the Kubel + Sturmpioneer while you set up flanks, double team or cut-off resources.

You only need to deny him fuel to keep up and get your tech on time even if you can't control the fuel itself.

Another good example is Hurtgen Forest. There are no buildings on Hurtgen. Literally zero buildings. Let's make an assumption that the OKW is bottom right and you're top right. His Kubel drives directly to the river to camp it and make the crossing hard. It's protecting the fuel.

That's fine. Scout it out with your Rear Echelon (or just listen), realize the trap, send your first two Riflemen through the forest. Threaten the munitions point. Cut him off.

There's green cover everywhere and you're two Riflemen strong so it's hard for him to charge you down with other units. He has to back the Kubelwagon up and try to deal with you. Suddenly the front is open! Your third Riflemen and hopefully your Rear Echelon squad are emerging from your base. They pair up and push. If the Kubel fell back then it's suddently super vulnerable to the River attack. If it didn't fall back then you're taking the cutoff and you can flank it from behind. Rear Echelon + Rifleman can beat the Sturmpioneer if it is protecting the flank. If the Kubelwagon gets flanked it's hot garbage.

It's really hard to describe this in words but I hope you see what I mean. Even on an awful map like Hurtgen you deny him the fuel and with a good flank you'll get the kill on the Kubel. If the Kubel dies then he loses his long-range advantage and his Sturmpioneers are bait to any pair of units. Be creative with your movements and use your mobility. Pair off and use flanking movements.

There's even an alternative version where you don't even try to cut-off your opponent but swing to the left and cutoff your ally's opponent. If the Kubelwagon crosses the river to pressure your inner territories it's easy to flank and kill. Pull the germans apart. Don't let them have their way.

Worst case scenario you cut off his resources for a minute or two and you get your LT+M20 or Captain up. Kubel's deadweight and you're suddenly ahead in manpower.
20 Jul 2014, 20:43 PM

I'm not sure how to respond to "poo trucks" either but keep in mind that as the double US forces you can double-team any forward truck position if the two enemies separate their trucks. This makes their positions pretty vulnerable unless they coordinate.

People rag on the indirect fire of the US forces but I find that the Pack Howitzer, while stupid expensive, is actually pretty good. It is sort of annoying to use but valuable in the right hands. The M8A1 is still incredible.

Well. If all else fails you can just keep your fingers crossed for Mechanized Company and get the WC51 Jeep. That thing shits all over the Kubelwagon.
22 Jul 2014, 13:50 PM

The Pak is T3 and very expensive manpower wise. It's slow to do its work, if it does its work at all - which it's not guaranteed to, certainly. If enemy ISGs show up, they're just as likely to bleed your siege forces dry as you are to actually make a breakthrough. Probably more likely.

I would say the enemies have a pretty substantial advantage in those kinds of situations. And time is on their side, since the late-game is very hard on America. Even after getting some advice earlier from the forums I still feel like double USA is a really weak combo.
22 Jul 2014, 14:33 PM

Also if the OKW player sets it's medic truck up somwhere close to the Frontline (VP or Fuel), doubleteam and destroy it asap.

If you don't, his fieldpresence will win them the game without much effort, also medtruck+LeIG camping causes severe attrition to the allied team.

Edit: If you can't destroy it up front , use Artillery to bleed him and eventually destroy the truck (120mm, 152mm, Priest,B-4 Bolshevik, Katusha not recommended)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★