Login

russian armor

USA vehicle exiting abuse

20 Jul 2014, 13:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2014, 12:32 PMS73v0
Game can't be balanced around 3v3/4v4. Too many variables to take into account. However this can be considered a bug, just make it so you can't recrew vehicles if it takes you over pop cap - problem solved.

True, but Relic cannot also just say 'it cannot be balanced around 3v3, 4v4' and not keep it in consideration or try balancing.

Sure game is to difficult to have perfect balance for 4v4, but a lot of things can be fixed to work in 1v1 and be fine for 4v4 as well (with little effort)
Not having situations where some game modes are completely broken. That cannot be good for player base nor longevity of franchise in long term.
After all a lot of people play team games, skirmishes, etc.
Where there is will, there is a way too.

edit; Speaking in general, not discussing current balance or state of balance in 4v4 or any other game mode
20 Jul 2014, 14:25 PM

I am not sure if you know how this exploit work, lets say its 30min mark in fairly balanced match, you are reaching popcap. Lets say by this time you have 4 Sherman's e8 and 96popcap. you need about 10s to decrew your 4shermans, another 1s to callin another(your pop is about50-60 now) sherman. Pop every crew back tp vehicle in another 5s. Voila you are at over 100 popcap and nothing stops you doing it again and again.You need cca 20-30s to exploit. How does this "severely weakens" your team?
20 Jul 2014, 14:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

While i don´t see any issue here, why not just exponential increase the mp drain when it´s more than 100 ?
20 Jul 2014, 15:25 PM

This is a non-issue. US late game in 3x3 4x4 is woeful anyway, so if the opponent (by camping and allowing the US to build up) let US build this many tanks then it is only a fair balancing counter (or not) to the many Axis supertanks.
21 Jul 2014, 08:01 AM

- Can no longer crew friendly/enemy vehicles if population cap is reached.

Easily fixable. It's just not really a problem in the first place considering the amount of time and resources it takes to even do it.
21 Jul 2014, 08:05 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

If a US Forces player has enough manpower and fuel to do this, they have probably already won. Its a matter of critical mass, and you letting them get to it.
21 Jul 2014, 10:00 AM

So you are all saying there is NEVER going to be situation where evenly matched players going to hit popcap, and because of this exploit US player is going to have more units than he is allowed to?

Is beyond me how people can say that this is non-issue because you shouldnt let your opponent get to that stage... yes you shouldnt but that doesnt mean that he is allowed to exploit a bug (imo its a bug) if this happens.

P.S. : This bugexploit did not happened to me, i saw it on the stream and i just think its overlooked bug which should be easily fixed. i just cannot understand how does one can say that this is a non-issue.
21 Jul 2014, 10:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2014, 10:55 AMKatitof
Cool.

Now show a top 50 1v1 or 2v2 game where this was used and actually won the game.

Can't?

Then the issue doesn't exist. And don't bring up 4v4, all kinds of shit go there and it will never be balanced, its hilariously amusing seeing all these 4v4 spammers complain about spam tactics in spam game mode.

I've used it in 2v2, in 1v1 it's nearly impossible
21 Jul 2014, 10:21 AM

Yes, it is a bug and should be fixed. Doesnt matter could or couldnt be used in 1v1.

Yes, 4v4 wouldnt be balanced never due to its characterics which katitof stated. U cant show me ONE game that has 4v4 mode and it is soo balanced/not abusive
21 Jul 2014, 11:12 AM

I've used it in 2v2, in 1v1 it's nearly impossible

Was it at least equal 2v2?

People tend here to use as examples games where one player stomps the other and the game is decided long before the "issue" is present, but since its you I'm not making any assumptions before the answer.
21 Jul 2014, 11:12 AM

Cool.

Now show a top 50 1v1 or 2v2 game where this was used and actually won the game.

Can't?

Then the issue doesn't exist. And don't bring up 4v4, all kinds of shit go there and it will never be balanced, its hilariously amusing seeing all these 4v4 spammers complain about spam tactics in spam game mode.

Who are you to tell people what is an issue and what not as well as judging them by their favorite game mode?? work on your attitude bro.

Regarding the bug, thx OP for reporting, bypassing popcap should not be possible and needs fixing.

21 Jul 2014, 11:23 AM

This has been known for ages, so I'm actually not even sure if its intended or not, I'm starting to think Relic just let it slide as a quirk of the faction.

Like others said before though, if you let your opponent(s) manage to do this chances are you were going to lose anyway.
21 Jul 2014, 11:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2014, 11:12 AMI984

Who are you to tell people what is an issue and what not as well as judging them by their favorite game mode??

A someone whose common sense still exists.

Vast majority of "pressing balance issues" here and on official forums can be solved by learning to play and not being stomped into submission.
21 Jul 2014, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2014, 11:28 AMKatitof

Vast majority of "pressing balance issues" here and on official forums can be solved by learning to play and not being stomped into submission.

sigh... this is NOT a BALANCE issue...
21 Jul 2014, 11:39 AM

sigh... this is NOT a BALANCE issue...

Actually it is.
The one directly connected to army core feature functionality as well as games mechanic of capturing neutral armor.

But as you've said it there, its not an issue :thumb:
21 Jul 2014, 12:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2014, 11:28 AMKatitof

the bug of bypassing popcap (which this thread is about and you seem to miss out on) and "l2p" are not even remotely linked, as well as your behaviour isnt linked to common sense.

21 Jul 2014, 12:44 PM

this will not work in any game mode including 4v4 if both teams are about the same skill.
21 Jul 2014, 12:51 PM

I don't see why they can't just change stats/resource income of certain factions/units around game modes, one bracket for 1v1/2v2 and one for 3v3/4v4 to stop the abuse of certain things.

But a bug is a bug is a bug is a bug, no matter where or how it is used or abused, it should be fixed.
21 Jul 2014, 13:14 PM

I am not sure if you know how this exploit work, lets say its 30min mark in fairly balanced match, you are reaching popcap. Lets say by this time you have 4 Sherman's e8 and 96popcap. you need about 10s to decrew your 4shermans, another 1s to callin another(your pop is about50-60 now) sherman. Pop every crew back tp vehicle in another 5s. Voila you are at over 100 popcap and nothing stops you doing it again and again.You need cca 20-30s to exploit. How does this "severely weakens" your team?

It doesn't, that's the one where you play vs noobs and don't really need this gimmick to win.

You are reaching pop cap and have spare resources = you are playing noobs, who cannot kill any of your units and you are camping.

When you playing evenly matched teams (with good players), you barely ever get close to pop cap and usually you are thinking very hard where to spend your scarce MP and Fuel.

But yeah, I agree with you conditionally. I can see how it can be balance issue in game with lesser skilled players who aren't very aggressive at all.
It would give advantage to US players
21 Jul 2014, 13:16 PM

Cool.

Can't?

Just because it didnt happen in 1v1 or 2v2, doesnt make it a less important issue. Said issue can be exploited in 1v1 / 2v2 games aswell. The majority of the community plays 3v3 / 4v4's, remember that!

"Its hilariously amusing" that you state that although you barely played the game on a high level in the "best, competetive" gamemodes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★