Login

russian armor

It's time Relic to finish the job with coh!

PAGES (11)down
30 Jul 2014, 10:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 23:52 PMNoun

Let's simulate the actual result of your HD idea as a brief 1 act play I wrote.

Relic: Hey we've applied some balance fixes and new HD graphics to vCoH and you can buy it now for $30! Great news!

Community: So you fixed a few bugs that you should have fixed five years ago and took the community's balance suggestions and are charging $30 for it? Relic sucks. SEGA sucks. You suck. Fire Noun he's a dirtbag!

Relic: But new graphics.

Community: We don't care about graphics, these new graphics aren't as good as the old ones. The graphics make the game run slower on my machine.

Relic: But you asked for this.

Community: Nobody asked to pay $30 for a game we already own.

Even if everyone on COH2.ORG loved it and bought 10 copies we'd still be hundreds of thousands of copies short of even breaking even on something like this.

We feel that it's better to support our current players who already bought CoH, rather than to close it and try to make them buy CoH 2015.

without bugs and staghound fix i would buy the new version for 30$
30 Jul 2014, 10:48 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

And you'd be the first one to complain about something! I bet it
30 Jul 2014, 11:05 AM

FichtenMoped agreeee !! just silly the grafics are fine realy ,i can broadcast old coh it no lag at all wen i broadacsat coh 2 lags and freeezz my enterly game !

i didnt now they put some old maps from old coh to coh2 thas cool realy but at laest coh players should be able to play in coh2 servers playing it the old faction vs the new faction it no charge
30 Jul 2014, 13:27 PM

I would pay 20 Bucks, for a Pre Steam Version of CoH with the old leveling System
for Lobby and normal XP to Level up, and an anti cheat System for maphacks

and ingame: Stag nerf, and no scorched earth on Victory Points by PE

and 2 or 3 add. maps in the ranked pool

thats all....not more than 2 or 3 days good developing work
30 Jul 2014, 13:52 PM

i didnt now they put some old maps from old coh to coh2 thas cool realy but at laest coh players should be able to play in coh2 servers playing it the old faction vs the new faction it no charge

wtf man
30 Jul 2014, 14:35 PM

A relic sponsored mapping contest for coh1 would be nice.
30 Jul 2014, 15:26 PM

I am glad that CoH new steam version support hasn't been dropped and I really hope the upcoming patch manages to fix most of the bugs and not bring any new ones.

I don't agree with the ideia of lauching CoH HD remake, let's make a pros/cons list:

[Pros]
- New graphics/textures;
- New maps added like Argentan crossroads, Bois du Chatelet, etc...;
- Balance and bug fixes.

[Cons]
- No new content apart from better graphics/textures and new maps (It will not bring new campaigns, units, abilities, gameplay changes, etc...);
- Lack of interest from the playerbase (its the same game only with better graphics/textures).

Fell free to expand this list.

Probably to most of the people involved in this thread, including me, CoH2 didn't had the appeal that orginal CoH still has. I miss the streams from SNF, ntd, pez, budwise, marinez, gendodo, nosliw, xcom, helpinghans, pepsi, inverse, c0mpl3x1ty, devm, sandland, sepha, etc... (sorry if I am missing someone). How many of them are currently broadcasting CoH2? and how many of them still broadcast original CoH?

CoH2 might not be appealing to me or you but it is to other players and we have to respect that. I no longer play CoH2 but I still like to watch helpinghans, siberian, cataclaw and vonivan streams.

I would prefer a new game based only on original vCoH (Wehrmacht and Americans) keeping the good stuff from original CoH and adding good features from CoH2 (vaulting, offmap spawn, sector capturing) and a new/better business model to ensure a good and long lasting game support.
7 of 8 Relic postsRelic 30 Jul 2014, 15:56 PM

I'll pass on the requests (both for updates to the existing game and the HD version).

I just know that as a fan of games myself I tend to think that HD relaunches are kind of crappy except in situations where there's no longer a way to play an old game.

The Halo release for example is interesting because I don't have an original XBox anymore, and I've bought Mario 3 and Nintendo Ice Hockey for the Wii U because I don't own a NES.
30 Jul 2014, 17:12 PM

My main concern is that with this tactic followed so far by Relic/Sega the pool of players will be gradually getting smaller and smaller then ultimately the servers will close. Eventually some day in the future they will but this plan don't seem right to me.
Choices you have:

1)You support the game (as an old game and not as new) but you fix serious problems, rebalance some units, bugs, add new maps etc. You don't make any changes to graphics. This way you keep the ones that have already pay for it and you attract back the ones that already have it and don't play it. The sales will also grow because the product they are buying is good enough, near or even better than the pre-steam state.(game is still alive and you extend its viability)
I'm ready to pay for it if that is necessary.

2)You make an HD version with all the changes that needs to be done. Better support than choice 1,It will include new graphics, all the fixes that choice 1 has ,plus some changes that justify the cost, new campaigns etc. Sales I think will also grow in that case too(at least that's my opinion, game is still alive and you extend its viability)

The way now is been followed will eventually make more and more people to leave.

It's really good news that you Noun will pass both requests, I'm waiting impatiently to hear news about this.

I would also like to see a game based only on original vCoH (Wehrmacht and Americans)
I'm sorry if I make some people that love Brits and PE unhappy.

Hope for some changes.
30 Jul 2014, 17:21 PM

Noun make it happen!
30 Jul 2014, 17:25 PM

Probably to most of the people involved in this thread, including me, CoH2 didn't had the appeal that orginal CoH still has. I miss the streams from SNF, ntd, pez, budwise, marinez, gendodo, nosliw, xcom, helpinghans, pepsi, inverse, c0mpl3x1ty, devm, sandland, sepha, etc... (sorry if I am missing someone). How many of them are currently broadcasting CoH2? and how many of them still broadcast original CoH?

What a glory moments!
This game is still awesome and was full of players ,casters etc that they have given us so many good times.SNF back to those days was something like champions league for me! How I miss those days.
30 Jul 2014, 18:01 PM

good old times

miss them too :D
30 Jul 2014, 18:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2014, 13:52 PMPepsi

wtf man

pepsi bite him :D
what an idiot
30 Jul 2014, 18:44 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2014, 20:04 PMcapiqua
The fixes the Elitemod should be included

If there is any chance, Noun, at least consider it .It is an awsome set of fixes and changes.
30 Jul 2014, 18:51 PM

Community: So you fixed a few bugs that you should have fixed five years ago and took the community's balance suggestions and are charging $30 for it?

But is this updating possible without $$?

Community: We don't care about graphics, these new graphics aren't as good as the old ones. The graphics make the game run slower on my machine.

Is this Relic admitting mistakes in an indirect way? :p

ANYWAYS
The choices of Relic the way I see it:

Short Term Options

• Relic continues to update the game PROPERLY. (Which also includes gameplay bug fixes, balance changes.) Without an extra income. This would probably mean the best case scenario for the players. But I doubt Relic has the fund to do so?

• Relic does (near) nothing. (only fixing the leaderboards is near nothing to me.)

• Relic updates the game properly and finds new way to make cash. => everybody wins. HD is out of the picture. But maybe there is another way an expansion OR even the magic 3 letters: DLC. A couple of new units (and / or abilities) implemented the same way as with TOV units. And hell it doesn't even have to cost that much work to make these new units... Because some already exist: There is still a ton 'hidden' units in the gamefiles. Tiger Ace, US officer, The German Howitzer,not to mention every COHO ability and unit. COH2 models could be used to save work...
    * Officer could be switched out with (more expensive ofc) Terror Officer
    * German Howitzer with the Flak 88
    * Tiger Ace vs King Tiger
    * Airborne recoilles rifles vs thompson gun upgrade (although this might be a bad example.)
    * Official Skins
    Just to quickly brainstorm a few ideas.

Long term options:

• After years of silent waiting for COH to die. Relic releases vCOH HD. (2020-ish)

• Relic does nothing. COH franchise takes another path, or dies out.

Even if everyone on COH2.ORG loved it and bought 10 copies we'd still be hundreds of thousands of copies short of even breaking even on something like this.

11000 * 10 * 30$ = 3.3 million dollars. Just doing the math.

30 Jul 2014, 19:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2014, 18:51 PM12ocky

But maybe there is another way an expansion OR even the magic 3 letters: DLC. A couple of new units (and / or abilities) implemented the same way as with TOV units. And hell it doesn't even have to cost that much work to make these new units... Because some already exist: There is still a ton 'hidden' units in the gamefiles. Tiger Ace, US officer, The German Howitzer,not to mention every COHO ability and unit. COH2 models could be used to save work...
* Officer could be switched out with (more expensive ofc) Terror Officer
* German Howitzer with the Flak 88
* Tiger Ace vs King Tiger
* Airborne recoilles rifles vs thompson gun upgrade (although this might be a bad example.)

Most retarded idea ever. Tov reward unit system is broken and thus will deteriorate the competetive automatch, which is already altered by brits and PE to the worse.
Pls no coh2 stuff for coh1!
30 Jul 2014, 19:59 PM

Thanks for the info Noun, that´s really good to hear.

We are trying to brainstorm ideas for relic to get some revenue and make coh1 more attractive despite the time, if you have no constructive feedback I´d say don´t post at all.

Including redball express in automatch would be nice too. The current 3v3 maps are kinda meh.
30 Jul 2014, 20:04 PM

Most retarded idea ever. Tov reward unit system is broken and thus will deteriorate the competetive automatch, which is already altered by brits and PE to the worse.

Rocky and I are just trying to throw Relic a bone here to encourage fixes and support for vCOH.

Are either a HD vCOH or vCOH DLC wanted/needed/a good idea? Probably not.

But we live in a capitalist society where things get done when there's a profit in doing it.

That's all.

Right now we've seen what state vCOH is in and it's obvious it's just not getting the love it needs.

So we're just brainstorming ideas on how to make it a win-win that's all.
30 Jul 2014, 20:38 PM

It's not the system that is broken, only the ToV units are, too a certain degree. Also the OF factions are a buggy mess and would be fine with a few tweaks.
30 Jul 2014, 21:11 PM

DLC´s can be a good thing if done properly. Look at Dota2, they sell skins, unit speech, user interface... they raised 10 million dollars for their tournament selling compendiums and this allowed them to introduce a new hero, new visual effects, and countless ingame improvements.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS