Login

russian armor

It's time Relic to finish the job with coh!

PAGES (11)down
29 Jul 2014, 11:26 AM

Relic will fail anyway, next week we cant play any ranked anymore cause something is broken :D

And Noun DONT TOUCH THE LEADERBOARDS

That's why they put it in beta duh.
29 Jul 2014, 12:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 11:26 AMPepsi

That's why they put it in beta duh.

there were a beta for the steam version. they failed.

sorry but im playin coh for many years and all patches/bugfixes creating new problems.
29 Jul 2014, 14:20 PM

Relic will fail anyway, next week we cant play any ranked anymore cause something is broken :D

And Noun DONT TOUCH THE LEADERBOARDS

patch= reset the stats :D

come on lucky why not :-P

noun what is with replays???? can we watch then the old replay from the actually version??

when not what is with an replay emulator??
29 Jul 2014, 14:57 PM

Let me give you a clue: don't count on community support. There are guys who will scream blue murder bcs they have to pay $2.50 for a Commander.

Over to you. Out.

Theres a big difference between not supporting the game and not supporting a shitty business model. If the community support of CoH was bad the competitive community would have died before SNF was even a thing.
29 Jul 2014, 17:49 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Theres a big difference between not supporting the game and not supporting a shitty business model

Not only did your 'shitty business model' (sic) manufacture income to support future iterations of CoH2 (though I concede there was a hardcore of disapproving posters on this site),but also several posters here on this site were even recently asking for that system to be reintroduced, in place of,or alongside the Warspoils drops.

If the community support of CoH was bad the competitive community would have died before SNF was even a thing.

Ofc. And do not use straw man arguments, bcs I never wrote otherwise.

What I did write was that,effectively, people do not like to put their hands in their pockets, and that is different. In fact from your remark about "shitty business models",I see you make my point for me. .

I am reasonably certain you may recall this - the GR.org site for vCoH was plumb full of 'entitled' posters, who swore blind they had paid for vCoH and did not/were not prepared to pay more for patching and upgrades. Which is at least part of the reason why, doubtless, vCoH was not patched regularly.

Do you recall posters pleading for what became the "Kolaris" patch, after CoHO was dumped? Free again,but no company can continue to carry on like that. It is a Jurassic business model.

I would hazard -you are free to disagree- that currently, vCoH is being subsidised on the back of CoH2, paid commanders and all.

Last, if you wish to quote me in future, please do so in context: my reply was to an ingenue,who thought he could buy vCoH. So now kindly finish the job: either agree with me that he was shooting for the sky, or tell me how you,Basilone, would fund a buy-out of vCoH.

We're starting in multi-million dollars,you understand? :)

29 Jul 2014, 18:18 PM

I just watched a replay of the current with the beta version.
29 Jul 2014, 18:34 PM

I would hazard -you are free to disagree- that currently, vCoH is being subsidised on the back of CoH2, paid commanders and all.

Noun said it still sells, and the running costs they have for vCoh should be a peanut.

Neither do I believe their DLC pays off huge numbers.
29 Jul 2014, 21:22 PM

Even if I specified that was a "wish"(to buy CoH) ,a figure of speech, MajorBloodnok can't understand it. I don't want to characterize anyone as anything. As for to what I'm or not that's not your business.
Hope you enjoy the upcoming patch.
29 Jul 2014, 21:42 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 18:34 PM12ocky

Noun said it still sells, and the running costs they have for vCoh should be a peanut.

Your theory.Back it up!

Neither do I believe their DLC pays off huge numbers.

So how do they make their income? It's not rocket science......
29 Jul 2014, 21:44 PM

Seriously, nerf the stags in the next patch! Staghounds being OP was already reported years ago and not fixed yet. If you want to watch, how your superb designed brit faction works in a automatch game, watch this replay(greetings to queen douche, you are a moron!):

http://www.speedyshare.com/9VPqf/4p-duclair.2014-07-29.23-38-16.rec
29 Jul 2014, 22:11 PM

Your theory.Back it up!

So how do they make their income? It's not rocket science......

http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/4560/

$9.99

And look - you get all 3 for the bargain price of $36.

They still sell it - therefore they must support it.

To stop troll post/opinions like yours - COH HD is the way to go - it gives something to the existing vCOH owner that the current vCOH doesn't, be it flashy graphics or a new patch.

In reality vCOH HD would give Relic the funds to continue further supporting it without specifically telling existing vCOH players "Hey - pay us more $ else we're ending vCOH".

I really can't see this being a question for anybody at SEGA - its so idiotically simple that you'd think they'd jump at the chance.

You have a winning game that needs MINOR updates - that's it.

The damage of COH2 has been done - if old hand vCOH players haven't migrated to COH2 by now - a full year after it was released - there's bugger all chance that they're going to in the future.

Keep the current COH2 team on COH2 and their 5 year plan and they can go on jumping out of planes and making war spoils and stupid over nerf/buff patches with unwanted DLC's to their hearts content.

Get Smoking Gun to "polish" vCOH - integrate SLI and some other MINOR graphical updates, patches from Tommy etc, some new maps, return the servers to pre-Steam and bingo - certified hit.
29 Jul 2014, 23:36 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/4560/

$9.99

And look - you get all 3 for the bargain price of $36.

But no existing player is going to pay for that again. And new players are going to pay for WFA bcs it is cheaper and more up to date......

They still sell it - therefore they must support it.

That is your best, and only argument

To stop troll post/opinions like yours - COH HD is the way to go - it gives something to the existing vCOH owner that the current vCOH doesn't, be it flashy graphics or a new patch.

Please reread what the Community Organiser wrote: there is no HD version in preparation

In reality vCOH HD would give Relic the funds to continue further supporting it without specifically telling existing vCOH players "Hey - pay us more $ else we're ending vCOH"

I really can't see this being a question for anybody at SEGA - its so idiotically simple that you'd think they'd jump at the chance.

Pipe dreams. That is all they are.

You have a winning game that needs MINOR updates - that's it.

The damage of COH2 has been done - if old hand vCOH players haven't migrated to COH2 by now - a full year after it was released - there's bugger all chance that they're going to in the future

And still pipe dreams.......

Keep the current COH2 team on COH2 and their 5 year plan and they can go on jumping out of planes and making war spoils and stupid over nerf/buff patches with unwanted DLC's to their hearts content.

Honestly, you've lost the plot.

Get Smoking Gun to "polish" vCOH - integrate SLI and some other MINOR graphical updates, patches from Tommy etc, some new maps, return the servers to pre-Steam and bingo - certified hit

Good luck with your plans :)
29 Jul 2014, 23:42 PM

1 - I'd say if they sell it that's pretty much all the "argument" I need mate.

2 - You want to add anything creative or positive here or just troll?

3 - We all know HD isn't on their cards - it SHOULD be.

4 - Enjoy your evening Cupcake.
6 of 8 Relic postsRelic 29 Jul 2014, 23:52 PM

In reality vCOH HD would give Relic the funds to continue further supporting it without specifically telling existing vCOH players "Hey - pay us more $ else we're ending vCOH".

Let's simulate the actual result of your HD idea as a brief 1 act play I wrote.

Relic: Hey we've applied some balance fixes and new HD graphics to vCoH and you can buy it now for $30! Great news!

Community: So you fixed a few bugs that you should have fixed five years ago and took the community's balance suggestions and are charging $30 for it? Relic sucks. SEGA sucks. You suck. Fire Noun he's a dirtbag!

Relic: But new graphics.

Community: We don't care about graphics, these new graphics aren't as good as the old ones. The graphics make the game run slower on my machine.

Relic: But you asked for this.

Community: Nobody asked to pay $30 for a game we already own.

Even if everyone on COH2.ORG loved it and bought 10 copies we'd still be hundreds of thousands of copies short of even breaking even on something like this.

We feel that it's better to support our current players who already bought CoH, rather than to close it and try to make them buy CoH 2015.
30 Jul 2014, 00:00 AM

Noun - thanks for the response.

I don't have the luxury of the numbers of players that you'd be privy to - but I certainly know due to state of vCOH I don't play it anymore.

The server transition was a killer - plus the maphacks and other known issues were never addressed, so I no longer play it.

It'd certainly be interesting to know the numbers of active vCOH player - and I think the way around the main core of your argument - basically saying vCOH is dead and here's it's replacement - could easily be avoided.

Allow vCOH 2006 and the HD version to be compatible - that way if you want the bells and whistles - you get them - if you're happy with your game as it is - you don't. The net code would be the same, the language the 2 games would be the same - so multiplayer would be easily possible. Just one users personal experience would be of a higher "bling" level that the 2006 vCOH'er.

I'm sure you remember the Humble Bundle charity raiser - I bought several to support the Relic team even though I already had 2 copies - so there's also an element of those that will support the game, do I know their number? No I don't.

I'm not a software dev but to my eyes it looks like a relatively small job given the game, it's mechanics, its design - are all done for you.

I'm just looking at ways for you - as in your employer - to generate the funds to get vCOH back on its pre-Steam feet.
30 Jul 2014, 00:01 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Okay everybody...

30 Jul 2014, 00:03 AM

Wifi - I appreciate the modding and I just want Noun to know I'm not having a go at him - I'm actually really encouraged we're getting his time on this thread.
30 Jul 2014, 07:11 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2014, 23:52 PMNoun

Relic: Hey we've applied some balance fixes and new HD graphics to vCoH and you can buy it now for $30! Great news!

Community: So you fixed a few bugs that you should have fixed five years ago and took the community's balance suggestions and are charging $30 for it? Relic sucks. SEGA sucks. You suck. Fire Noun he's a dirtbag!

Community: We don't care about graphics, these new graphics aren't as good as the old ones. The graphics make the game run slower on my machine.

Even if everyone on COH2.ORG loved it and bought 10 copies we'd still be hundreds of thousands of copies short of even breaking even on something like this.

So no HD Version, thats ok.

As a community manager you should be well aware of the simple fact that people will always complain, no matter what you do. People are different. Something which makes person a happy offends person b. Plus happy people tend to be just happy. The don´t tell you how happy they are. Angry people will.

So it´s part of your job.

Btw if we are at it, still no Relic / Sega presence in the germany community at all since Hardy is gone. :-)

We feel that it's better to support our current players who already bought CoH, rather than to close it and try to make them buy CoH 2015.

Don´t get me wrong it´s cool Sega saved the game with the Steam migration and you guys still do something but there is a sour aftertaste. The technical issues which appeared after the Steam migration are self made. And 2 years after they are still there.

It feels like "oh another year passed, seems like we have to fix some of the bugs we have caused to keep people quite".

And from my perspective "support our current players" means in game bug fix and maybe even balance changes. It´s okay for me if we have to wait on year for a patch (testing balance changes needs a lot of time anyway) but please, patch something which is actually useful and which the people demand.

Your theory.Back it up!

Look who's talking. You do excat the same thing which you are complaining about.

All your posts here are like

"No, you are wrong because i say you are wrong and it´s only me who knows the truth even if i just speculate."

Just stop it. All of you.
30 Jul 2014, 07:28 AM

When I start this topic I never expected that so many people will respond ,that only shows that there's still people that want some changes to the game that still support it and still believe.
It's a surprise for me .It's even a bigger pleasant surprise of course that you Noun have already give us some answers ,spent some time with us and we finally have a small patch ( still hope for a bigger one).

I'm not a coder, programmer, millionaire, or whatever else, no I'm not.
I think it's time now to separate some things, there is a difference between what I would like to see in CoH from what is possible to be done.

What I think is possible to be done is:

1)Apply some balance fixes and NO HD graphics .Graphics are still pretty strong. Balance example(OP Staghound).

2) Fix some bugs that is true that we experience them for quite a long time.(Example: retreat bug, bug shoot from m10(Tommy and 12ocky fix this in the elite mod )

3)Add 2-3 new maps to automatch.(Example :Argentan crossroads, Bois du Chatelet)

4)Fix the loading screen rank and the leaderboards rank(max level is not 20 now)

5)Fix Lobby

There always will be people that will not be happy either way.

Noun I don't want you to get fired, I want you to get involved in a situation that might help both Relic/Sega, You , Community and finally CoH.

30 Jul 2014, 08:49 AM

I haven't the numbers but AOE2 HD and AOM HD are selling. Ofc they are playing on the nostalgia string but still.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS