Login

russian armor

It's time Relic to finish the job with coh!

PAGES (11)down
21 Jul 2014, 16:56 PM
Patrion 14

I don't think there's much reason for an HD CoH. I still think the original game looks just as good as CoH2.

HD not in the strict sense of the word. HD means bug fix and maybe balance changes. Not new Graphics.
21 Jul 2014, 17:08 PM

a working DX11 would be nice. HD skins aswell, however as i said above only, if Smoking gun creates it.
21 Jul 2014, 17:42 PM

a working DX11 would be nice. HD skins aswell, however as i said above only, if Smoking gun creates it.

Talking about Smoking gun and old fellas of CoH in my opinion the decline of CoH started when Josh Mosqueira as a designer left (don't know what exactly happened).As for a working DX11 I'm totally with you, though I still playing at high and not on ultra because the game if I remember correct keeps crashing with dx 10. It's a Good wish though. Fanatic as for that sense of HD we are talking about the same thing with different words, I agree.
1 of 8 Relic postsRelic 21 Jul 2014, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2014, 16:56 PMFanatic

HD not in the strict sense of the word. HD means bug fix and maybe balance changes. Not new Graphics.

The current version is done by Smoking Gun. They did the work to transition the game to its new servers.
21 Jul 2014, 17:50 PM

I don't think there's much reason for an HD CoH. I still think the original game looks just as good as CoH2.

I use the term "HD" as just a way that vCOH can be relaunched and to cover the costs associated with it etc.

I'm in agreement though - vCOH still looks great - but when a business needs $ to do work on an existing product, I think a HD version is the only way that they could justify it.

Unless they do a kickstarter....lol
21 Jul 2014, 17:53 PM

Hi Noun it's good to have you back at least for some minutes! Are you in position to tell us what is going on? I mean is ANYTHING possible to happened further with CoH? Is there any straight answer to that? You know that a lot of people will pay for this if they had to. Please.
21 Jul 2014, 18:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2014, 16:56 PMFanatic

Well you could throw in a couple of maps, and maybe change the automatch system more like the COHO/COH2 one...

What COH HD would really mean is: An incentive for Relic to invest in vCOH.

- Potential turnover is somewhere between decent and very good: tons of players miss old active vCOH, this could be a way to bring that back. (+ New players, who don't want to buy an 8 year old game, might buy this 'new shiny' version.) But Relic seriously needs to consider doing marketing outside the already existing community.

- Developing costs (in terms of manpower, time, money) could be kept to a minimum. Because the game doesn't require big changes.

- Maintenance costs:
* Patching: depends on amount/complexity of bugs mostly,
balance patching shouldn't cost more than a couple of hours / days mostly work. (See balance patch 2.602 where most of the community did the work and only 1 awesome dude at Relic.) + Isn't patching a game through Steam an easy/cheap way of doing it?
* Servers: I don't know if the current servers of Smoking Gun could be used or if they would have to hire/buy new ones. This is probably the biggest cost they'd have to take into account.

- This will bring positive publicity for COH-franchise, Relic and Sega.

Conclusion:
For Relic it's an opportunity for some quick cash. (Short-term profits.) And the players will be happy. It's a Win-Win situation.

Possible drawback: They'd have to keep running the old servers and wait for them to bleed out completely (we're getting closer to that point though.) This might cause a small disparity at first.

PS: Good to hear from you Noun. My apologies, i'll withdraw my previous statement.
21 Jul 2014, 18:42 PM

They need to put a spectator mod to compete with other competitive games.. oh wait...
21 Jul 2014, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2014, 18:42 PMPepsi
They need to put a spectator mod more explosions to compete with other competitive casual games..
21 Jul 2014, 18:49 PM

Well actually Kolaris design comes close to being spectator, I can't imagine it being that hard just removing the fog effects from it.
21 Jul 2014, 19:27 PM

You can do alot with scar coding.
21 Jul 2014, 21:35 PM

I have heard many people saying they would gladly pay for a new version of vCoh again - with all features back. Call it vCoh Gold or something and sell it. Do a kickstarter or something.

I agree that the game at its current state is playable - but many features are still missing.

I would gladly pay 20 dollars to get the best game ever up to its glory days.
21 Jul 2014, 21:38 PM

I play at ultra settimgs. Game doesn't crash ever here.

Talking about Smoking gun and old fellas of CoH in my opinion the decline of CoH started when Josh Mosqueira as a designer left (don't know what exactly happened).As for a working DX11 I'm totally with you, though I still playing at high and not on ultra because the game if I remember correct keeps crashing with dx 10. It's a Good wish though. Fanatic as for that sense of HD we are talking about the same thing with different words, I agree.
21 Jul 2014, 22:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2014, 18:09 PM12ocky

Well you could throw in a couple of maps, and maybe change the automatch system more like the COHO/COH2 one...

What COH HD would really mean is: An incentive for Relic to invest in vCOH.

- Potential turnover is somewhere between decent and very good: tons of players miss old active vCOH, this could be a way to bring that back. (+ New players, who don't want to buy an 8 year old game, might buy this 'new shiny' version.) But Relic seriously needs to consider doing marketing outside the already existing community.

- Developing costs (in terms of manpower, time, money) could be kept to a minimum. Because the game doesn't require big changes.

- Maintenance costs:
* Patching: depends on amount/complexity of bugs mostly,
balance patching shouldn't cost more than a couple of hours / days mostly work. (See balance patch 2.602 where most of the community did the work and only 1 awesome dude at Relic.) + Isn't patching a game through Steam an easy/cheap way of doing it?
* Servers: I don't know if the current servers of Smoking Gun could be used or if they would have to hire/buy new ones. This is probably the biggest cost they'd have to take into account.

- This will bring positive publicity for COH-franchise, Relic and Sega.

Conclusion:
For Relic it's an opportunity for some quick cash. (Short-term profits.) And the players will be happy. It's a Win-Win situation.

Possible drawback: They'd have to keep running the old servers and wait for them to bleed out completely (we're getting closer to that point though.) This might cause a small disparity at first.

PS: Good to hear from you Noun. My apologies, i'll withdraw my previous statement.

I want to convince them, this game is not dead and can potentially flourish again if they pay the proper attention to it, with some changes.

It's never too late I'm seeing it die and I don't like it, they could probably make something about that. After all is a game of 2006 and people still playing it. I have played a lot of games and still I'm returning to the old CoH.

They don't have to see CoH as an competitor of CoH2 but as a base for all the things.
22 Jul 2014, 09:40 AM

22 Jul 2014, 12:03 PM

22 Jul 2014, 13:18 PM

It's never too late.

No, but it might be too soon.

I think they would have to wait a year (maybe even 2) to have an optimal revival. They need to sell COH2 (western fronts) first in the next couple of months.
So only after that they can start business on COH HD. (sadly enough)

And after that: they can start develop their next expansion for COH2.
Or even start developing COH3 althought if that ever happens, that might not be until 2020.
22 Jul 2014, 15:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 13:18 PM12ocky

No, but it might be too soon.

I think they would have to wait a year (maybe even 2) to have an optimal revival. They need to sell COH2 (western fronts) first in the next couple of months.
So only after that they can start business on COH HD. (sadly enough)

And after that: they can start develop their next expansion for COH2.
Or even start developing COH3 althought if that ever happens, that might not be until 2020.

12ocky I agree with all of your posts... . Lot of games have been revived the past 1-2 years and released as an HD versions, I don't understand why not CoH.

I wish this new HD movement of old games, become too big in a few months then might be forced to follow the wave .
23 Jul 2014, 15:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2014, 17:47 PMNoun

The current version is done by Smoking Gun. They did the work to transition the game to its new servers.

only new serves or bug fix????????
ranked fix(maybe lobby rank)
brit abuse fix( stags, captn. bug, vet system from the leutnants)

bug shoot from m10 (ask tommy and 12ocky in the elite mot the bug shoot not exist ;-) thx tommy and his crew)

ANd some other

sega has crashed the game please give us the old coh back like before steam damed it is so hard????
before steam it was work not perfect but better then now

thx

good by and good luck sega/relic
24 Jul 2014, 06:39 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2014, 17:47 PMNoun

Where is the connection between my post and this answer? o_O Besides that we are all well aware who made the last CoH1 patches.

Sorry, i don´t get it.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight