Login

russian armor

Maxims vs the OKW

PAGES (9)down
22 Jul 2014, 16:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2014, 12:58 PMS73v0
Sturmpio spam is stupid, it's counterable but it's too easy to pull off where you can just A-move Sturmpio's everywhere and it's too effective with almost no risks involved.

I concur!
22 Jul 2014, 17:07 PM

Lately, in a lot of 2vs2 games I've had to face an axis opening consisting in Sturmpio spam + Assgren spam plus a Mg42.

Let me know what else can I do as soviet besides throwing maxims to the battlefield while waiting for Shocks or a fast T34 to be able to push a bit.

US infantry can still deal with that, but soviet infantry can only win engagements at the expense of losing much more manpower than the enemy player which is later punished heavily in the midgame.
22 Jul 2014, 17:54 PM

For everyone whining about Maxims...here is a video proofing that you cannot possibly suppress more than one squad with a Maxim.

Micro will allow you to suppress 2 squads but after that every other squad will be on top of your Maxim.

So the "attack move maxim" tactic can effectively be countered by an "attack move blob".

Who is with me and thinks the Maxim needs a change from a damage dealing one squad suppressing platform to an area supression weapon (like all other mgs...) with smaller damage output?

Soviets need a unit to punish blobs (and dont answer this with the katuscha...) Everyone hates blobbing and Mgs must be the way to punish blobs.

But of course we want no second MG42.

My two cents.

Best regards

You can switch targets you know?
22 Jul 2014, 18:47 PM

Soviets need a unit to punish blobs (and dont answer this with the katuscha...) Everyone hates blobbing and Mgs must be the way to punish blobs.

Who do they need to blob punish? the americans? blobs of sturmpios, LOL, waste of manpower, rush to t34 or t70 kill them. Blobs of volks? LOL, they die to con blobs. Or you could run around with 2 squads of shocks and rape all axis infantry/support weapons. Penal charges do good against blobs as well.
22 Jul 2014, 19:33 PM

Currently both USF and OKW are blobing factions.

And if you think you can get close to a blob composed by Sturmpios and Obers to throw a satchel charge you need to play A LOT MORE as soviet to know that idea is absolutely stupid.

Soviets doesn't have any non-dcotrinal unit able to punish blobs. For that, no one chooses Guards anymore and everyone use Shocks.
22 Jul 2014, 19:55 PM
Patrion 310

Early game, US has the better Blob. Late game OKW's blob is much much better. Vetted Fusiliers with Officer stomp all over Rifles even with bars or 1919's. Gets even better when you pick up their weapons. Sure it might be hard to get there but once you reach that point as OKW, its a snowball effect. Shocks are not even that dangerous when you have a few fusiliers. Don't forget how powerful the officers focus fire ability is.
22 Jul 2014, 21:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 19:33 PMGreeb
Currently both USF and OKW are blobing factions.

And if you think you can get close to a blob composed by Sturmpios and Obers to throw a satchel charge you need to play A LOT MORE as soviet to know that idea is absolutely stupid.

Soviets doesn't have any non-dcotrinal unit able to punish blobs. For that, no one chooses Guards anymore and everyone use Shocks.

I'm sorry you cannot use the satchel. L2P. Non-Doc unit? OP MAXIM. OP Sniper. kiting T-70
22 Jul 2014, 21:34 PM

I'm sorry you cannot use the satchel. L2P. Non-Doc unit? OP MAXIM. OP Sniper. kiting T-70

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad coming from you, dude.
22 Jul 2014, 22:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 17:07 PMGreeb
Lately, in a lot of 2vs2 games I've had to face an axis opening consisting in Sturmpio spam + Assgren spam plus a Mg42.

Let me know what else can I do as soviet besides throwing maxims to the battlefield while waiting for Shocks or a fast T34 to be able to push a bit.

US infantry can still deal with that, but soviet infantry can only win engagements at the expense of losing much more manpower than the enemy player which is later punished heavily in the midgame.

flamer car? snipers?
22 Jul 2014, 22:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 22:05 PMwooof

flamer car? snipers?

Much risk, highly fun. I approve.
22 Jul 2014, 23:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 22:05 PMwooof

flamer car? snipers?

Soviet T1 does not do well against OKW in team games outside of the opening minutes of the game. You have to get T2 soon after and any units that you have left out of T1 are dead weight during the remainder of the match.

Scout cars? Not a big threat, OKW can get a T0 AT gun to counter it.
Snipers? Waste of 360 man power. Unless your OKW enemy does not have scavenger or luftwaffe doctrines, these units are just 1 simple click away from instant death by fallschrimjeagers or JLI.
Penal troops? The only unit that has some use later on in the game, but not enough to justify teching T1. Conscripts, while weaker, are much more useful later on in the game.

You are better of just going T2 and starting out with maxims and conscripts. You are going to need an AT gun anyway to deal with flaktracks and those maxims will stay relevant throughout the game. Not having wasted 40 fuel on T1 will also make your tanks come out faster.
22 Jul 2014, 23:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 21:34 PMGreeb

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad coming from you, dude.

fuck, you never even played as okw. how do you know anything about them at all? honestly?
22 Jul 2014, 23:29 PM

You are better of just going T2 and starting out with maxims and conscripts. You are going to need an AT gun anyway to deal with flaktracks and those maxims will stay relevant throughout the game. Not having wasted 40 fuel on T1 will also make your tanks come out faster.

This.

Only penals are worth of going T1 and conscripts do barely the same for less price and also they've AT nades. The only infantry unit able to face OKW infantry are shocks, anything else is just wasting manpower.

Snipers do a great job till elite infantry appear with their crazy long range damage that makes retreating a sniper close to suicide.

And M3 gives the same advantage window that a kubel. Less than 5 min.

The only viable strategies I've used till now in teamgames against OKW are T2-T3 and T2-T1 with call-ins. I've won some games going just T1-T3/T4, but only because my enemy played much worse.

fuck, you never even played as okw. how do you know anything about them at all? honestly?

I don't need to play OKW to know that charging to throw a satchel against a Obersoldaten/Sturmpio blob is utterly stupid. Penals will be melted way before throwing the satchel.
And against a guy with more than 5 games, satchels against infantry are just a waste of ammo.
23 Jul 2014, 01:03 AM

After playing recent patch I have to say it's easier to deal with this now. That being said however I still think Maxim over performs slightly especially when you compare it to Germans equivalents.

On the side note for all you player card maniacs I am currently ranked 550 in 2v2 as Soviet team with Katitoff and around 832 again in 2v2 as OKW. I don't have a partner for OKW so I play random. I know silly of me. My random 2v2 Soviet is higher mostly becuase I didn't play it with random teammate for a while now. Same goes for random 2v2 as Wermaht.

Type my nick to see.
23 Jul 2014, 14:06 PM

Permanently Banned
OKW dont have supression power (only that MG34 commander, that is suck). Shock's can run into you face and make a kiss.

Shock's + Maxpin's in 1v1 is very OP vs OKW.

For me is much more easy vs US on 1v1, but versus SOV's good player, my chance is very low running with OKW.

That crazy MAXPIN 6 mans never change!!!!

Why your guys think that some mediocre (noobs) player's use only MAXPINS??? I see this sometimes.
23 Jul 2014, 14:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 14:06 PMBravus

Shock's + Maxpin's in 1v1 is very OP vs OKW.

Infantry gun hardcounters maxims.
Obersoldaten hardcounter both, even more now that they have muni for spamming nades.

L2P issue.
23 Jul 2014, 15:19 PM

But for Soviet player, I would like to see something more than Shocks + maxim vs OKW. Currently, choosing anything else is suicide vs OKW. Soviet feels like a one-trick pony faction, you must choose this build or else you're screwed.
23 Jul 2014, 15:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 14:13 PMKatitof

Infantry gun hardcounters maxims.
Obersoldaten hardcounter both, even more now that they have muni for spamming nades.

L2P issue.

Because 6 maxims go poof with 1 or 2 420mp inf gun/s.
23 Jul 2014, 15:25 PM

But for Soviet player, I would like to see something more than Shocks + maxim vs OKW. Currently, choosing anything else is suicide vs OKW. Soviet feels like a one-trick pony faction, you must choose this build or else you're screwed.

but its solid, do anything else or ask to buff soviets and the entire forums will rage upon you, because ze vatherland is supreme.
23 Jul 2014, 15:27 PM

Because 6 maxims go poof with 1 or 2 420mp inf gun/s.

They definitely go poof against obersoldaten+anything to draw initial fire.

Its effective to the point where I laugh during wiping maxims unable to even retreat.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS