Login

russian armor

When to use Valiant assault/For Mother Russia

16 Jul 2014, 14:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

So with the counterattack commander in rotation I used it a couple times and I always wonder when is a good time to use it. Because to me it looks like a 100 munitions suicide charge which gets shutdown by anything other than infantry. Infantry also dotn shoot when running so
Same question goes for valiant assault which seems to be the same ?
16 Jul 2014, 22:02 PM

That point where you have retreated all your infantry due to them rolling over you is the point where you need to use it. You need to seriously push while using this ability.

The ability works amazingly with conscripts + shock troops, basically any infantry. However, support weapon's don't get as much benefit naturally from it. It's also better in games where they have less HMG's, i'd imagine against OKW it would be better than vs ostheer for that reason.
18 Jul 2014, 06:14 AM

I'll be honest I find these two abilities quite tricky to use as well.

My gut reaction is you need to use them when closing with the enemy to do damage is of utmost necessity.

Let me give an example.

Playing OKW with Valiant Assault: You have several Panzerschreck Volks and a wounded enemy tank is moving near by. Normally you could never catch it but you pop Valiant Assault and use the speed boost to chase the enemy tank and finish it off with your Panzerschrecks. Alternative: you see that a mortar or Katyusha is firing nearby; pop Valiant Assault to secure the kill by sprinting at it. With the speed/damage boost you may be able to steal the weapon before the enemy reacts.

Another good use for Valiant Assault as OKW is for killing Snipers. They can be very hard to counter but if you pop the ability and flank the snipers then you can probably sprint up to them and kill them. That being said Soviet Snipers get a better sprint than Valiant Assault at Vet1 so this tactic has not always worked for me.

The speed component is the most important part of these ability in my opinion. Soviets lack a unit with an hand-held AT weapon so they have less use for chasing tanks but if the speed boost works on AT guns it could help them get into position quickly and turn a battle. I have very little experience with For the Motherland! so I just don't know.

It could make a Shocktrooper blob very scary. Keep in mind that Shocktroopers basically don't do damage until they're right next to the enemy anyways so just sprinting up there is probably best anywho.

Make sure your victory is decisive and you force a retreat when you use the Soviet's For the Motherland! The bonus damage you take after the power is no joke.
18 Jul 2014, 18:11 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Thanks I will keep it in mind. overall not mcuh of a fan of the luftwaffe doc apart from mg34. that airstrike is even more overpriced :P
18 Jul 2014, 19:40 PM

FTM is best to use when you are doing massive attack with infantry and tanks, had epic games where 4 cons 2 shocks and 2 KV-1 were killing everything on their way, FTM increases damage done by infantry by 50% so it's perfect to deal with support guns first
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight