Login

russian armor

Grenades bug and lag

16 Jul 2014, 12:01 PM

Hi all, just a while ago I had my grenadier just staring at the enemy and did not fire the rifle grenade. I ordered him to do it twice and both times he never fired. Even my shock troops and Panzergrenadiers have trouble throwing grenades. Both of them sometimes will take a while to find a grenade and stare at the enemy or never throw their nades at all.

Thanks.
16 Jul 2014, 18:02 PM

Have had this issu with riflemens .nades and smokes . Paratroopers grenades as well somtimes it goes on cool down and take munitions. The icon stay highlighted saying I activated it and nothing happens.
(Doesnt happen all the time just frequent enough)
Some times from canceling the ability it does this aswell
16 Jul 2014, 23:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2014, 18:02 PMbeemer8
Have had this issu with riflemens .nades and smokes . Paratroopers grenades as well somtimes it goes on cool down and take munitions. The icon stay highlighted saying I activated it and nothing happens.
(Doesnt happen all the time just frequent enough)
Some times from canceling the ability it does this aswell

Happens at least 3 times in every game I play. Very annoying and needs to be looked at.
16 Jul 2014, 23:44 PM

Panzerfüsiliers nearly never throw their grenades for me unless the whole squad is standing still before throwing, and even then it can take a while; other OKW squads seem more reliable for me but rarely a Volksgrenadier squad also takes its time.
17 Jul 2014, 00:18 AM
Patrion 14

i experience this to with grenade abilities.
17 Jul 2014, 00:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2014, 00:18 AMpigsoup
i experience this to with grenade abilities.
We all do, sadly. Btw, did all the grenades got nerfed or something? It seems that rifle grenade, shock's nade, guards and rifle's nade seem to scratch more than kill. Grenades should be killing people not wounding people. This ain't Counter-Strike.
17 Jul 2014, 00:43 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2014, 00:33 AMsteel
We all do, sadly. Btw, did all the grenades got nerfed or something? It seems that rifle grenade, shock's nade, guards and rifle's nade seem to scratch more than kill. Grenades should be killing people not wounding people. This ain't Counter-Strike.

to me, they do the same. maybe because of aoe change? but wasnt that awhile ago?
17 Jul 2014, 01:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2014, 00:43 AMpigsoup

to me, they do the same. maybe because of aoe change? but wasnt that awhile ago?

Started happening to me after the june 24th (Operation Epsom?) patch. Still, I think all grenades need a buff back. Elbe day, March Deployment and older grenades were better.
20 Jul 2014, 12:32 PM

Yes I completely agree, my rifle grenades just don't fire sometimes and after the ability says it has been used (I assumed it took my munitions as well but this I cannot confirm). A very frustrating bug however it could be something to do with lag.
20 Jul 2014, 12:40 PM

Same happens to volks, they just stare at the enemy and don't throw that 'nade. But it seems they are also bugged and refuse to retreat after the grenade bug happens.
21 Jul 2014, 01:14 AM

Happens to me on all units which have abilities, including the Elefant (telling it to go scope mode results in no change).
21 Jul 2014, 01:54 AM

It happens to me too even with molotovs. Sometimes I've to click again to throw grenades as if the game didn't register my first attempt.
21 Jul 2014, 02:06 AM
Patrion 15

Yeah this is a pretty common issue for me, sometimes the unit never even throws the grenade despite being charged the munitions for one.
21 Jul 2014, 05:48 AM

I just had one game where it happen about 8 times in a row. There goes 240 munitions down the drain. Could have got 2 Flamer HT or 4 Panzerschrecks. It's getting really annoying
21 Jul 2014, 08:14 AM

Yeah, it's a bug. It seems to happen if you issue your squad to throw a grenade and they either:

1.) You right-click move before your grenade is thrown, canceling the animation but it goes into cool down and costs munitions still.

2.) The guy throwing the grenade dies or gets hit by another grenade/mortar/arty forcing him to move and canceling the animation.

3.) The enemy moves out of grenade range if you selected the enemy squad with a grenade.

The only ways I've got around this problem is to manually throw grenades on the ground near the enemies. Make sure not to click enemy squads because if you do, it'll more likely occur. They really need to fix it. I hate wasting munitions and good opportunities.
21 Jul 2014, 12:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2014, 08:14 AMvarunax
Yeah, it's a bug. It seems to happen if you issue your squad to throw a grenade and they either:

1.) You right-click move before your grenade is thrown, canceling the animation but it goes into cool down and costs munitions still.

2.) The guy throwing the grenade dies or gets hit by another grenade/mortar/arty forcing him to move and canceling the animation.

3.) The enemy moves out of grenade range if you selected the enemy squad with a grenade.

The only ways I've got around this problem is to manually throw grenades on the ground near the enemies. Make sure not to click enemy squads because if you do, it'll more likely occur. They really need to fix it. I hate wasting munitions and good opportunities.

The main cause for me is no.2. No.3 never happens since I nade the dirt.
21 Jul 2014, 12:52 PM

The bug seems most common with Panzerfusiliers, I've noticed it almost every time I've tried to throw a grenade with them.
21 Jul 2014, 13:00 PM

The bug seems most common with Panzerfusiliers, I've noticed it almost every time I've tried to throw a grenade with them.
That's no good. Closing in the target only to have the grenade throw fail.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
Germany 33

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment