Login

russian armor

4vs4/3vs3 strategies

16 Jul 2014, 10:46 AM

does anybone have one for russians and normal germans? i mostly play 4v4 and 3v3 but i mostly lose because i suck :D. i need a strategy as russian and the normal germans because i dont own the other two factions. and does anybody knows how to beat oberkommando west (or germans overall) as russian? last game on hill 331 they eat me like chicken. at the moment where i was coming to the hill with two recruits (it was maybe at minute 2) he already had 2 volksgrenadiers and 1 pioneer squad there. he just wiped my squads out instantly.

sry for bad english
16 Jul 2014, 11:16 AM
Honorary Member Badge

As in build orders, map specific strategies?

Arranged teams or randoms?

The popular Soviet opening strategy right now is simply to spam Maxim guns, this shuts down their infantry and kubels

OKW trucks are high value static targets that usually have to be on the battlefield to be useful.

Mortors and Artillery enter into their element, especially if you can hit their medic truck after they've just retreated there and get good squad wipes

OKW is better at you at everything except onmap artillery and call ins

A perfectly workable strategy is to use that to your advantage and use your other units to protect your artillery and hit him on the counter (preferably after he has walked into a mine field)

Mortors, if annoying enough, will provoke him to get a Walking Stuka, however by the time he gets that you should be close to getting a big gun to which he has no real counter save paratroopers.

Oh, and Soviet mines are awesome, use them a lot.

If you are on a close in map with terrain and room to cover you can try to fight his infantry head to head with PPSHs and Shocks

ISU152 remains pretty damn good on the right places in the right maps

++++++++++++++

Vanilla Germans, if you are playing with OKW guys, which you usually will be, then build all the things they cannot and they will be your best friends:

Caches, MGs, Bunkers, PAKs

Pick a doctrine with recon and heavy call in strikes (or take Tigers)

You won't lead the team in damage doing that but you will get the team to win

16 Jul 2014, 11:19 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Caches have no impact on OKW right?
16 Jul 2014, 11:45 AM

Caches have no impact on OKW right?

They do, but small
16 Jul 2014, 11:45 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I'm pretty certain they do

It is trucks that now only affect the owner
17 Jul 2014, 02:48 AM

On the left side of the forest map with the buildings, VP and munitions point, get two Soviet players to set up sudden FHQs. This will almost certainly disrupt the building of the OKW trucks. Maxim spam and then ATGs, keep repositioning them in case of an ISG. Basically just hold the area extending to the largest building and you cover two VPs and become very difficult to remove.
18 Jul 2014, 02:50 AM

Team games? Play Axis, specifically OKW. You mentioned strategies for Ostheer so I will give you some.

Build caches. They provide a bonus income for your entire team so its much more significant in 3v3's and 4v4's than 1v1's.

Late game is all about armour micro and gren shrek balls. You want to have your grens with shreks protecting your armour and your armour doing most of the heavy work. Together they are a very unstoppable force aside from callins and artillery. Preserve your armour as best as you can.
19 Jul 2014, 15:59 PM

trying out these startegies soon! but i hope that there will be more guys coming up with good ideas :D
19 Jul 2014, 16:00 PM

Just spam as hell and blob them.
19 Jul 2014, 16:06 PM

As in build orders, map specific strategies?

Arranged teams or randoms?

The popular Soviet opening strategy right now is simply to spam Maxim guns, this shuts down their infantry and kubels

OKW trucks are high value static targets that usually have to be on the battlefield to be useful.

Mortors and Artillery enter into their element, especially if you can hit their medic truck after they've just retreated there and get good squad wipes

OKW is better at you at everything except onmap artillery and call ins

A perfectly workable strategy is to use that to your advantage and use your other units to protect your artillery and hit him on the counter (preferably after he has walked into a mine field)

Mortors, if annoying enough, will provoke him to get a Walking Stuka, however by the time he gets that you should be close to getting a big gun to which he has no real counter save paratroopers.

Oh, and Soviet mines are awesome, use them a lot.

If you are on a close in map with terrain and room to cover you can try to fight his infantry head to head with PPSHs and Shocks

ISU152 remains pretty damn good on the right places in the right maps

++++++++++++++

Vanilla Germans, if you are playing with OKW guys, which you usually will be, then build all the things they cannot and they will be your best friends:

Caches, MGs, Bunkers, PAKs

Pick a doctrine with recon and heavy call in strikes (or take Tigers)

You won't lead the team in damage doing that but you will get the team to win

and when your facing a normal german as russian?
19 Jul 2014, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2014, 16:00 PMErguvan
Just spam as hell and blob them.

im a noob but not dumb. one stuka bomb and bye you 5 five squads.... blobbing is never good
21 Jul 2014, 15:28 PM

ok. russian= maxim spam, then one two mortars, one at gun and then maybe arty or tanks works very good! but i struggle with the germans when theres no OKW.
21 Jul 2014, 17:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Short Answer:

Build whatever the other guy on your side of the map is not getting, and complement your own sides build choices

Longer answer:

Might I suggest?

http://www.coh2.org/topic/5365/strat-the-motherland-needs-no-strat.-just-go-and-fight

No, it is not the godly strat it was several patches ago, but loving cons is a good start

You will still need to tech these days, but with a Conscript Opening you are not making a tech choice that will lock you in without seeing what your opponents are up to

Otherwise:

T1/T4 with Guards Motor is solid as hell

T2/T4 with Shock Rifle is also good

Take another commander with ISU-152 and you are good to go

Also:

Double team on fuel points

On Hill 331 and City 17 that means ignore the middle, take the sides

On Steppes it means leave the top

VPs will come to the side that has fuel

7 Aug 2014, 08:22 AM

these tips from you guys worked wonders! i am currently winning 4/5 games against OKW and Wehrmacht. I am always getting 2 maxims first, then mortar, then one zis gun, then 1 mg 1 mortar and 1 zis gun. later i built wath i do and everytime a troop dies i immediatly build it again to always have 3 mgs 2 mortars and 2 zis guns around. it works wonders. i am always killing them even against the mighty okw infantry.and later i built artillery and destroy the trucks from okw or the whermacht base. i at that point i mostly have around 1000 munition to spam IL 2 bombing strikes.
8 Aug 2014, 21:38 PM

these tips from you guys worked wonders! i am currently winning 4/5 games against OKW and Wehrmacht. I am always getting 2 maxims first, then mortar, then one zis gun, then 1 mg 1 mortar and 1 zis gun. later i built wath i do and everytime a troop dies i immediatly build it again to always have 3 mgs 2 mortars and 2 zis guns around. it works wonders. i am always killing them even against the mighty okw infantry.and later i built artillery and destroy the trucks from okw or the whermacht base. i at that point i mostly have around 1000 munition to spam IL 2 bombing strikes.

games is easy when your at 10000 rank aint it ;)
21 Aug 2014, 05:34 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Glad to hear that's all working for you
22 Aug 2014, 19:13 PM

My best advice is (if you are concerned at all about your ranking) to stop automatching 3v3 and 4v4. I have found that talent on both sides wildly varies. You absolutely never know what/or who you will get.

Arranged team games are a thousand times better in my experience.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
unknown 44
United States 32
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %