Login

russian armor

Vehicle reverse

15 Jul 2014, 21:15 PM

I didn't see this in the list so delete the thread if it's a duplicate.

When issuing a reverse command, some vehicles will first move forwards before backing up.
16 Jul 2014, 01:14 AM
Patrion 15

Derpwagon is the biggest offender. I thought they got rid of the 3 point turn issue. The pathing seems to have taken a step back in WFA
16 Jul 2014, 01:16 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

yeh very annoying expeccliay on light vehicles as mentioned before
20 Jul 2014, 12:28 PM

It seems to have something to do with the wheeled vehicles particularly (puma). Oh my god it is one of the must frustrating things when a vehicle drives forward when ordered to reverse because it is not your fault.
20 Jul 2014, 12:42 PM

Right click directly behind it and it won't do it, just like in vCOH.

I thought I saw somewhere some dev said this change was deliberate to reward more exacting micro. They left the reverse button in to troll basically...

20 Jul 2014, 12:53 PM

Permanently Banned

I thought I saw somewhere some dev said this change was deliberate to reward more exacting micro. They left the reverse button in to troll basically...

Source please? Because that would be the most stupid decision (/excuse) Ive ever heard of.

"Yeah lets f%ck up a feature that makes the game more convenient to play...just...because!" :D o_O
20 Jul 2014, 13:16 PM

I really don't know, I think a stream...maybe someeone else can find it. But it clearly makes no sense, they ADDED an animation to make it more difficult to get vehicles out of danger, but you have the ability to spam right clicks behind it to move it the normal way.

And they have been trying to make the game more e-sporty with the increased DPS system (requiring higher CPM and faster reaction times), so it wouldn't surprise me..
20 Jul 2014, 13:24 PM
Benefactor 115

I really don't know, I think a stream...maybe someeone else can find it.

because no one said that and you're making up shit as per usual.
20 Jul 2014, 13:24 PM

Reverse? Thats for cowards :unsure:
21 Jul 2014, 00:01 AM

So what you are saying is that you cannot just use the reverse button and click some distance behind it, you have to constantly watch and manage that one unit at the cost of others. Damn. If relic actually put in that annoying forward moving animation for this reason... no comment.
21 Jul 2014, 01:04 AM

I'm with Ipkai, sluzbenik is so bullshitting -_-
21 Jul 2014, 01:20 AM

I thought this was fixed in a previous patch.
6 Sep 2014, 14:39 PM

It must be fixed ASAP.
I lost too many vehicles because of this.
6 Sep 2014, 16:41 PM

there are things in the game to help reward you for microing your units. But the reverse thing doesnt make sense, giving a reverse command is a pretty micro command, probably as far as it gets. your telling the car what gear to use.

I feel like its supposed to be a thing for wheeled vehicles when doing a sharp reverse. (eg if you want to go in to a sharp right turn in reverse in your car, you might go foward and left first to get the rear of the car pointing the right way). but some bug is causing vehicles to do this even if the reverse order is given for a straight back reverse, and no ones fixed the bug yet..

this also might be somewhat related to how easily vehicles in coh2 (cars and tanks) will decide to do a doughnut instead of drive+turn.
6 Sep 2014, 19:47 PM

there are things in the game to help reward you for microing your units. But the reverse thing doesnt make sense, giving a reverse command is a pretty micro command, probably as far as it gets. your telling the car what gear to use.

The reverse button is there so you can more easily reverse. In CoH1 there was a method of shift-clicking a line of move orders ~5 meters apart, but it didn't always work and was needlessly micro intensive.
6 Sep 2014, 20:29 PM
Patrion 27

I remember this being said on a stream. Can't recall if it was PQ or someone else but this is pretty much exactly what they said.
6 Sep 2014, 20:48 PM

I think that every bug in the game is now a "feature"... <444>_<444>
6 Sep 2014, 22:15 PM

If that is their idea of why this game is going to be a big eSport game, they have lost it completely.

But instead I will just pretend to myself that they were just making a joke on stream.
6 Sep 2014, 22:26 PM

The pathing after the patch is probably one of the worst ive seen in a RTS game.

Clear path behind the tank, under fire, trying to reverse, tanks does wild 180, boom ded
6 Sep 2014, 23:09 PM

The reverse button is there so you can more easily reverse. In CoH1 there was a method of shift-clicking a line of move orders ~5 meters apart, but it didn't always work and was needlessly micro intensive.

oh to be clear, i was responding to an early post (i guess i should of quoted) saying the game was purposefully causing cars to lunge foward in order to punish you for not giving specific attention/microing the car.

That argument doesnt make sense since giving a reverse command is a micro management command. a non micro command would be to send the car halfway across the map and expect it to perfectly use foward and reverse.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 388

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment