Login

russian armor

How to counter the US blob LMG spam ?

20 Nov 2014, 04:35 AM

In the early game make sure you utilize buildings for your Volks while Sturms cap territory, lay Uberwire, and flank.

Also. Stuka.
18 Dec 2014, 18:01 PM

I usually go for a kubel as my 2 unit.Also you can get the field gun early on, and while they advance it plugs them.Also if at some point you can sneak a grenade in on them you will have the upper hand.Also don't forget to place plenty of mines.Placing a squad of Volks grens in a building behind them they won't notice and you lob in a grenade.
18 Dec 2014, 18:30 PM

I think you should get a kubel as soon as you can.Also a grenade in amongst them would really be good.Don't forget to put down lots of mines
19 Dec 2014, 06:21 AM

Stuka will save you.
20 Dec 2014, 21:01 PM

Few minute later (approximatly at 4), he get LMG to wipe out my squads (at this point, the OKW has nothing to counter it)

I go infantry company a lot as US I cant get to 3 CP under 7 mins (u get M1919sat 3cp) i have tried a lot but i can afford an LMG only at 7-8 mins by then you will have obers on the field,

Screen with volks and rek with obers thats solid match up.. they dont counter them but you get solid even match up.

if you are closing distance on LMG rifles using hit the ground, thats a bad idea any whay you will need a Luchs.
21 Dec 2014, 00:43 AM

I've been using the strategy the OP was describing myself and it is quite efficient. I've picked it up from Panzerswag and made a slight variation.

Doctrine: Infantry Company (Mortar Halftrack, Riflemen Defences, 1911s LMGs, Artillery barrage and Priest Howitzer)

3x Rifles
Grenades
Fuel point
Rifles
Captain
AT Gun
Rifles
Major
Shermans, AT if needed.

You can also throw in mortar truck or howitzer if wanted. Don't blob infantry, give all rifles an lmg. Lay down clusters of mines with rifles. Keep it on the offensive.

Even though it can be tough to play against this, it's not a certain win. I've lost using this strategy and won against this strategy. Just grab your resource points and dig in around it.

3 Jan 2015, 10:46 AM

Go kublevagen volks grens. and Panzer fuseliers.Pin them with the kublevagen and then throw grenades.keep the fuseliers back or trow grenades against them.:thumb:
4 Jan 2015, 01:54 AM

the flak halftrack is a very hard counter to all infantry, especially in large groups. USF doesnt have a way to deal with the flak track until they get a captain.

until you get your flak halftrack, just keep your volksgren in cover, avoid combat etc, they wont be getting many kills until theyre vetted up, so your main focus with them should just be keeping them alive. THeir main utility in the early game is throwing grenades.
4 Jan 2015, 14:18 PM

If I face a blob always retreat, there is no point in standing there and fight, and send my rest of my army elsewhere on the map (1 squad continues capping and another harass fuel, munition cuttle points), get a kubel to support and after you get a stuka or some arty just try and them suppressed by your kubel and blow them up
5 Jan 2015, 19:03 PM

The OPs problem was LMG Rifle hordes.. the answer is infil grenades they are awsome at 10 munition you can do a lot of damage.
16 Jan 2015, 09:20 AM

Early game blob counter = AA HT

Don't let them close in, support it with Volks. Watch the annoying rifle blob melt while it tries in vain to get within Rifle grenade range of your Death machine.
20 Jan 2015, 17:09 PM
Patrion 310

For sure infil grenades is the best counter that dont cost fuel, unless you got some crazy Jedi skills to pull off against this USF abusive tactic that should achieve CaptainPrice's "Gold Seal of Approval".

Only other decent alternative is to dig in and stall for KT maybe with S-mines, bunkers, wire and trenches etc. Support the mgs in trenches with AA HT and volks for a good defensive position. Flak HQ to defend cutoff.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★