Login

russian armor

Refresh/Remove Bad Splats from Buildings

11 Jul 2014, 20:49 PM

I placed and removed some buildings, but now their auto-generated splats won't disappear. I think I fixed this somehow sometime, but at the moment I can't remember how I did that. Here is what I mean:

Any clues appreciated.
11 Jul 2014, 21:44 PM

Under the object tool, is a button called "Refreshed Spawned Splats". I believe that is what you are looking for.
11 Jul 2014, 21:55 PM

Under the object tool, is a button called "Refreshed Spawned Splats". I believe that is what you are looking for.

I tried that one, but it didn't work. Also, I cannot overdraw these bad splats. Where the heck do they come from and how to you get rid of them?

i.e. What do I do if clicking refresh doesn't remove these?
11 Jul 2014, 22:29 PM

That is strange, becuase it worked for me, right before I replied. There are some objects that act strange, which object specifically assigned the splat? Also, you might try the nuke orphan entity command (should be a tutorial for deleting phantom units). Worst case, if you cannot get rid of it, I bet stamping the entire map, and putting everything in a new file, should work.

Deleting phantom objects (may or may not work on splats)
http://www.coh2.org/topic/17610/need-help-infantry-not-deleting
11 Jul 2014, 22:48 PM

That is strange, becuase it worked for me, right before I replied. There are some objects that act strange, which object specifically assigned the splat? Also, you might try the nuke orphan entity command (should be a tutorial for deleting phantom units). Worst case, if you cannot get rid of it, I bet stamping the entire map, and putting everything in a new file, should work.

Deleting phantom objects (may or may not work on splats)
http://www.coh2.org/topic/17610/need-help-infantry-not-deleting

Stamping the whole map worked. Thanks for the hint. I hope this doesn't happen again so soon.
18 Oct 2014, 03:09 AM

I find by experiment that in addition to wb_orphan_nuke_entity there is a wb_orphan_nuke_splat, which did the trick for me.
19 Oct 2014, 04:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2014, 03:09 AMtrigg
I find by experiment that in addition to wb_orphan_nuke_entity there is a wb_orphan_nuke_splat, which did the trick for me.

Very nice find. This should be flagged as a community tip.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★