Login

russian armor

WWII games similiar to CoH

8 Jul 2014, 00:52 AM

Lately I've been enjoying CoH 2 so much that it's piqued my interest in other WW2 RTS games. Right now I'm looking at either Theater of War or Men of War Assault Squad, but can't figure out which to try. They both have bad reviews so no help there (not that I have much stock in reviews). Have any of you fine gents tried these, and if so, what did you think?

I guess what I'm looking for is something like CoH 2 but with more of a "realism" rather than balance emphasis, preferrably also with more of a macro rather than micro focus.
8 Jul 2014, 02:16 AM
Senior Caster Badge

If you go for MoW get Assault Squad 2. Assault Squad 2 is much better than Theater of War from what I've heard, but I haven't played Theater of War. My YouTube channel has lots of videos of Assault Squad 2 if you're interested.
8 Jul 2014, 03:14 AM

I liked men of war a lot but it is a real time tactics game, there's basically no macro.
8 Jul 2014, 05:07 AM

Hi lucas, the Men of war: AS has a demo that you can download and try.

8 Jul 2014, 08:32 AM
Honorary Member Badge

betweeen the 2 of those you said the closet to coh is men of war seires. neither of them are really anything like coh2 though. recommend trying a demo or watching some you-tube videos because they are very different games than coh2.

me id recomdend men of war series as ive played it.
11 Jul 2014, 06:37 AM

Blitzkrieg was a pretty good game, I heard they are making a new one too.
11 Jul 2014, 14:35 PM

If you're looking for a realistic WW2 game, look no further than the Close Combat series. Close Combat: The Bloody First is coming out this year at some point and is the first game in the series to have a completely 3D engine.

They use a similar rule set to the WW2 board game "Advanced Squad Leader". Troops have experience levels, mental state modifiers, ammunition, can scavenge ammo, physical state, and stamina. Realistic tanks and light vehicles are a cornerstone of the series. The gameplay is very much like a realistic battlefield simulation.
11 Jul 2014, 16:19 PM

Some tips:

- Rush for Berlin (2006) and Rush for the Gold
- Men of War
- Men of War assault Squad 2
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %