Login

russian armor

Help - Germans agains double US BAR blobs

6 Jul 2014, 07:57 AM

Hello,
I have another rather hot issue here. Me and friends are having CONSTANT troubles with 2v2 against double americans, who build 4 rifles each , in 5th minute equip all with BARs, add a captain with bazooka, then make a blob and just rush into us and kills everything..

Can you please advise what to do? I mean on bigger maps I know what to do wich blobs, but 2v2 are mostly quite small maps and the riflemen are very quick and we are simply outgunned and flame HT can not be used due to the captain.

I am really clueless.
6 Jul 2014, 08:56 AM
Donator 22

As OST one of your team could get a sniper early to drain some mp, as OKW both players should get the flak half track asap(supported by some volks with shreks).
6 Jul 2014, 12:52 PM

Vet 2 mgs with S-mines, sniper, barbed wire are your best choice with volks screen. I know it's harder to do than said but it works well.
6 Jul 2014, 12:59 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Vet 2 mgs with S-mines, sniper, barbed wire are your best choice with volks screen. I know it's harder to do than said but it works well.

Exactly. Usually when I play teamgames I mix up the factions. So the Wehrmacht player goes with a sniper and mgs, 1-2 gren max. Once those mg42 reach vet 2, the USF have a hard time.
6 Jul 2014, 13:04 PM

Permanently Banned
Enemy has 4 rifles with bars? Get 4 Grens with lmgs and see how the blob gets utterly destroyed :)
7 Jul 2014, 11:33 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2014, 13:04 PMI<444>3CoH
Enemy has 4 rifles with bars? Get 4 Grens with lmgs and see how the blob gets utterly destroyed :)

Negative on that. Grenadier damage output is very good, but usually they don't last very long. At least that's what I think, I don't like going for more than two Grens against double USF.
10 Jul 2014, 21:16 PM

I've had success with s mines, force them elsewhere and into your mgs, mortars aren't to bad either if you can fit them in.
25 Jul 2014, 04:30 AM

You just have to ask yourself, what counters blobs, just get some Mgs
25 Jul 2014, 06:51 AM

MG does wonders. But I think sniper is really needed when they go elite rifles since they manage to overwhelm you early on quite easily.
27 Jul 2014, 07:37 AM

Negative on that. Grenadier damage output is very good, but usually they don't last very long. At least that's what I think, I don't like going for more than two Grens against double USF.

Yea I agree due to my experience seeing my grens turned to shreds of meat cause with grens you have to either be in green cover or have superb micro and mg firing lines to halt their advance but its depends on the situation too and usually rushing for an ostwind is best except for fuel unless you skip the Leichte Mechanized Kompanie(tier2) and upgrade to tier 3 to build the Support Armor Korps structur and save for Ostwind though you would have to hold out the enemie until you can do this but it has worked for me.
27 Jul 2014, 08:21 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2014, 04:30 AMLSDuffy

I find the mg's really struggle particularly on the built up maps. Rifles can cause them quite a lot of damage even when caught in the arc and if they use the vet ones they often have smoke and grenades that throw a long distance . Having said this I don't have any better suggestions and they do ok with open maps. I find my grens really suffer however and over time the manpower bleed does for me. I have managed some 2v2's ok with Okw by clinging together like frightened children for the first few minutes.

My noobish view is that rifle dps at medium range seems a little high for ostheer to handle in the early game but this is also a blob bing problem in the game design for us and okw
28 Jul 2014, 00:21 AM

This build by USF player is quite common. If I play as OH, and counter a player with this strat, I go with 2 HMG squads ang 2 gren squads. I micro the MHG's to work with one gren each, unless there are more pressing matters. Eilte infantry doctrine works wonders here, with troop training on at least one of the HMG's, activate incindiary AP rounds, and watch how it tears through that pesky LMG blob. It can also eat light vehicles now. Though you will sacrifice some fuel, thus delaying the much desired Ostwind, it is a much more imediate counter, and an elite HMG team is already set for the late game. Setting up MG bunkers to cover the cutoff and/or fuel point is also a viable counter, as you secure your fuel income for the Ostwind or any other armour, while you can focus on other parts of the map.
28 Jul 2014, 03:57 AM

I don't have that many trouble with us blobs once i have lmgs.
Key i get 3 or 4 gren squads and one mg 42 always work in conjunction.Tech asap and spend all muni to equip as soon as possible whole gren force with lmg 42s.Now supoort with mgs and a pak and 4 lmg 42 grens can take on any us blob.

Things to remember in blob fights-

Keep an eye on front units when a gren get down to 2 members consider retreating it immediately.
Do NOT move..if ur moving after the battle has begun for more than 2 secs ..mass retreat or lose squads.
3 these encounters usually take place at mid-long range both sides wanting to get best out their lmgs.U have 2 aces up ur hole-
1)MG 42
2)Rifle grenade.They never notice this if the gren on the back fires it and it will properly placesimply put win u that fight..its ideal for mid long range fight.
20 Aug 2014, 12:34 PM

I have the same problem.If you ask me i find that i mingle wit them so hat they don't stay still (bar doesen't fire while moving).I do this with pios or with OKW sturpioneeren.Or if i go Mech. Assault doc get assault grens move and drill them.I think u shold try this!:wave:
20 Aug 2014, 12:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2014, 04:30 AMLSDuffy

Yea but they can just stop before mg range or they fire before mg fires.Bar kills mg in a second.
I wouldn't get mg's.:facepalm:
21 Aug 2014, 21:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2014, 08:21 AMArray

I find the mg's really struggle particularly on the built up maps. Rifles can cause them quite a lot of damage even when caught in the arc and if they use the vet ones they often have smoke and grenades that throw a long distance . Having said this I don't have any better suggestions and they do ok with open maps. I find my grens really suffer however and over time the manpower bleed does for me. I have managed some 2v2's ok with Okw by clinging together like frightened children for the first few minutes.

My noobish view is that rifle dps at medium range seems a little high for ostheer to handle in the early game but this is also a blob bing problem in the game design for us and okw

i agree about mg penalty(smoke grenade...) but i prefer build bunker early and dont lose my grenader untill they get vet&lmg, then i go to speak with rifleman.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 1
Germany 690

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak