Login

russian armor

Walking Stuka

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
22 Jul 2014, 17:02 PM

Thank you for a reasonable and argumented reply.

I can see how Stuka is more of a problem in team games, but then again, a lot of things are different in team games. I don't really know what to say on the count if it is balanced or fair. I would say I think it performs for cost. If it cannot kill static support crews, what precisely should it do to justify the cost and tier/faction placement?

What else would you have it do? If you reduce its damage or AoE, you are left with a fuel sink noone would ever use in their right mind. Area, non-linear barrage has been suggested and I suppose it could work. But please take a look at the average number of kills a Stuka gets in a game (even team games) and offset it with its costs.

The issue with Walking Stuka is that its first barrage can be absolutely devastating and gamebreaking but after that, it doesn't make much for its price, I'm aware of that. It doesn't seems fair to me for both sides, the allied player who lost full health units in a unavoidable attack and the axis player who paid an expensive price for a slow arty piece that relies only in its surprise factor.

It could receive some lesser changes, like less barrage range, having to get closer to the enemy or a bit of damage decrease meaning that full health units could still have chances to survive a barrage. In exchange it should have a cost decrease or faster cooldown in between barrages.

By the way, I'd gladly pay 150 fuel for a Katyusha with the damage output of the Stuka, as usually I've to make two Katyushas in order to have a combined barrage even less powerful than the stuka's.
22 Jul 2014, 17:18 PM

It give an audio cue with plenty of time to avoid, this unit is fine. I get more kills with my katyushas already.
22 Jul 2014, 17:37 PM

Its not supposed to be cheaper. Thats not an option.
22 Jul 2014, 17:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 17:18 PMWilliG
I get more kills with my katyushas already.

Maybe more kills, but how many full health squad wipes? If it's killing what we are talking about, I'm sure that I can get more kills even with a mortar, but sincerely I find also very useful to be able to wipe vet3 units with a barrage instead of killing a couple of models and forcing it to reinforce, which can be done in the same place with a nearly HF.

And the audio cue usually is not long enough to move support weapons. I'm not talking about infantry which can easily avoid the barrage.
22 Jul 2014, 17:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 17:44 PMGreeb

Maybe more kills, but how many full health squad wipes? If it's killing what we are talking about, I'm sure that I can get more kills even with a mortar, but sincerely I find also very useful to be able to wipe vet3 units with a barrage instead of killing a couple of models and forcing it to reinforce, which can be done in the same place with a nearly HF.

And the audio cue usually is not long enough to move support weapons. I'm not talking about infantry which can easily avoid the barrage.

Don't put your support weapons in buildings and make sure they are in green cover. I only ever see this thing do serious damage when People blob, in which case they deserve to get at least a squad wipe.
22 Jul 2014, 18:08 PM

Support weapons are also really cheap to recrew and reinforce... if it was a shocks squad or a riflemen with double bazookas, but their size and swiftness isnt going to get them wiped by the stuka zu fuss of all thing that kill them. A minor inconvenience is just that - a minor inconvenience.
22 Jul 2014, 18:49 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Imho,the system has to designate targets is very accurate (green line), should change this and make it to be something like a circle like katy/neber. With this change, shift your accuracy.
22 Jul 2014, 18:51 PM

I agree US dosen't have much choice but to blob late game even 3 star riflemen with bar or what have you will not beat okw inf. Blobed they have some chance but not really. I could live with the walking stuka if the obsoldaten and other okw inf was not so invinceable lost too many games from VP point races losing inf 1 or 2 at a time that are insta wiped to walking stukas or artillery trying to capture a victory point but okw inf can take direct priest or artillery hits and still somehow capture the point and live.

Also the audio cue is not soon enough really in places like ettlebrook where you obviously are going to have to retreat down the street pretty much in a straight line.
22 Jul 2014, 19:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 18:51 PMRocket
I agree US dosen't have much choice but to blob late game even 3 star riflemen with bar or what have you will not beat okw inf. Blobed they have some chance but not really. I could live with the walking stuka if the obsoldaten and other okw inf was not so invinceable lost too many games from VP point races losing inf 1 or 2 at a time that are insta wiped to walking stukas or artillery trying to capture a victory point but okw inf can take direct priest or artillery hits and still somehow capture the point and live.

Also the audio cue is not soon enough really in places like ettlebrook where you obviously are going to have to retreat down the street pretty much in a straight line.

I don't see how blobbing is the only choice for the US. Your forces will always be more effective spread out and using cover. ALWAYS. If you blob you will get punished by AOE. And stuka zu fus is one of the best aoe units in the game. If you think HAVE to blob to win try improving your infantry micro, I gaurantee 100% that your infantry will be more effective and less succeptable to aoe attacks like the nebel, stuka zu fus and even grenades.
23 Jul 2014, 00:51 AM

This one is a good one.

I had this pretty intense 2v2 and it was going back and forth. A lot of static weapons late game. Veted 120mm mortars, US howitzers and stuff. Game went late and these bombardments were very anoying. Costed me a one of the base building so at some point I went Stuka. Scouted the position with infantry - obviously everything was clustered together so bam! First salvo of rockets and both 120mm mortars destroyed, 2 minutes latter 2nd salvo got bunched up together ZiSs, finally some time passed and our opponents decided to perform an attack. As they were terrible blobers they gathered all their units and marched them throughout the middle bridge on "Crossing in the woods". No flanking whatsoever. This one was spotted. Another salvo latter and this army was forced to retreat with heavy causalities. They raged and it made my day :).

Is Stuka effective? - when used correctly yes it is but that's not my point. Our opponents basically made it very easy for us to utilize this unit in a very effective way. Everything was o bunched up together it was like they were begging please hit us, hit us.

Surprisingly enough the last salvo, the blob one didn't do that much damage. It did heavy losses but I don't think a single squad was wiped.
23 Jul 2014, 02:23 AM

sounds like you got beat and an overpowered unit saved you
23 Jul 2014, 02:27 AM

Katyusha makes the Stuka zu Fuss sit in the corner of shame now. Discussion over.
23 Jul 2014, 02:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 02:23 AMArclyte

Hah I was thinking the exact same thing.

The whole story boils down to "I clicked 3 times and cost my opponents the game".

Yea very convincing argument AGAINST it getting a nerf.
23 Jul 2014, 02:36 AM

It seems that Katyusha is now the same OP unit than Stuka.

Let's see how many time passes before axis players come shouting for a nerf.
23 Jul 2014, 03:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2014, 02:36 AMGreeb
It seems that Katyusha is now the same OP unit than Stuka.

Let's see how many time passes before axis players come shouting for a nerf.

^^^ *pretends to not be biased, but fails really bad at it* ^^^

However, im not going to say anything about the katyusha. Many other people will do that instead...
23 Jul 2014, 03:31 AM
Patrion 310

Meh, 4v4 game and I got my Stuka HT to Vet 4 and 3/4 :( Sooo close. 69 kills though :)

Is a really strong unit in 4v4, seems easier to keep alive than Kat / Werfer. On Ettelbruck station it is perfect, lots of narrow alleys where stuka really excels in.
23 Jul 2014, 07:45 AM

Sounds like you are wrong as usual.

Edit: replay now included
23 Jul 2014, 08:09 AM

Maybe the other player shouldn't have been bunching up so much.
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 41
unknown 26
Mexico 17
Germany 876

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L