Login

russian armor

Use of Flak Half-Track?

4 Jul 2014, 08:11 AM

Hi, I recently got a flak half-track bulletin in war spoils, and it got me thinking, what is the best way to use the flak half-track, because on paper it seems quite good, but I just can't seem to get the best out of it?

Also if not the Flak half-track, then can anyone recommend efficient midgame units to use, and how to use them?

Thanks
4 Jul 2014, 08:21 AM

4 Jul 2014, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2014, 08:21 AMVIPUKS
Well

I agree to this guy, use them well
4 Jul 2014, 13:08 PM

Without the static set-up/dismantle time it would be a must have, but at the moment I only go for it if I'm confident I can cover it with a panzerschreck - so it's not great for a lot of mobile fighting.
5 Jul 2014, 08:27 AM

Mabye the Luchs is better: it can shoot while running and has a little bit more survivability.
Anyway the Flak-Track is quite good in suppressing enemy infantry. It's like a more powerful Kubel with a longer range.
5 Jul 2014, 08:30 AM

Hi, I recently got a flak half-track bulletin in war spoils, and it got me thinking, what is the best way to use the flak half-track, because on paper it seems quite good, but I just can't seem to get the best out of it?

Also if not the Flak half-track, then can anyone recommend efficient midgame units to use, and how to use them?

Thanks

The flak-track is very useful to force an am or soviet player to spend mp and ammo on AT. if the soviet player goes tier 1 he is in trouble as flak tracks make short work of guards in the open and tier 1 has no counters. midgame this unit is used to guard positions.

5 Jul 2014, 09:02 AM
Donator 22

I use the flack half track to protect my volks as their capping points(because of how weak volks are), you just keep the flak half track a bit behind the perimeter of the capping circle before you cap and it'll already be set up if your attacked.

5 Jul 2014, 09:16 AM
Honorary Member Badge

If you put them round a corner, enemy soldiers will bunch up when turning the corner and often get killed in one volley.

Also stay far away from terrain undulations, and green cover (see- north Road to Kharkov). It'll shoot the cover and do no damage or suppression (unlike the US halftrack which suppresses using hitscan 50cals).

Other than that, treat it like a super-MG late game when you don't have the freedom to roam around as a shock unit. Suppress and force a retreat, then reposition so when the tanks come calling it'll be safe.
5 Jul 2014, 18:24 PM

If you do a puma start and the enemy doesn't go captain its a good followup to the puma to seal the enemys fate
5 Jul 2014, 19:43 PM

Keep em back and use them with an MG34...seems a good way to go in early to mid game.
5 Jul 2014, 23:55 PM

Use it like an MG

Set it up in areas out of line of sight and will bombard infantry as they run by. Behind buildings, hedges, smoke etc.

6 Jul 2014, 15:03 PM

If you skip OKW T2 (Battlegroup HQ) and go right to T3 to get the halftrack, I think it's a good early game shock unit. Good combination of suppression and damage. Of course, you'll need to back tech to T2 eventually and without the early benefit of healing you get from T2, you'll have to play a little conservatively with your infantry.

This is the one strategy that I've had success with as OKW (but admittedly, I'm not very good).

6 Jul 2014, 19:56 PM

I know the flak can be an attractive choice for its ability to suppress, but the best use is not using it :

- Shitty HQ in early
- Shitty armor
- Shitty dmg
- Idiot set up time ...
- Countered by all Zook/Guard/hooray + AT nade / M15A1 ...

6 Jul 2014, 21:47 PM

OKW HT is borderline useless and a major liability especially against US where your only chance of countering an early AAA truck is a Puma....dont build it.
7 Jul 2014, 10:53 AM

Use it in combination with a Kübelwagen, as it range is really good (45). When you get it early remember to get Panzerschrecks and Raketenwerfer against the devestating US M15A1 AA Truck. And keep in mind that the M15A1 does not have complete 360° coverage with its gun.
7 Jul 2014, 12:34 PM

Kübel ? Why ?
7 Jul 2014, 15:18 PM

Kübel ? Why ?

Because it has a sight radius of 50. It can be parked right next to the Flakwagon and see for its 45 range. Plus it stops advancing infantry with AT-grenades and Bazookas (if supported).

Edit: Fun fact: The Puma has also a sight radius of 50 (and shooting range of 50)!
18 Jul 2014, 09:01 AM

After long long gameplay with flak I found out that it's defend and run unit. Don't try to be offensive. Place where the battle will go. If they get zooks or at simply make 1 burst back off, 1 burst back off, 1 burst back off (always support it with infantry).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 37

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight