Login

russian armor

US midgame vs PE

4 Jul 2014, 07:17 AM

Would love to hear some tips for early/mid-game vs PE.
I seem to stand my ground fairly well early using bulletproof-strat, but when the first AC hits the battlefield I usually start making bad decisions and losing a lot of MP.

Stickies really are micro-intensive and I usually have to retreat my troops before I can even try to toss one. Would BARs (not tech stickies at all) be an option to soft counter those ACs and get your troops prepared for probable PG/44/shreck mayhem?

TD really is a gamble as PE many times seem to go very inf-heavy strats. WSC, yes, but then again those ACs and possible T4/panther rush could crush you big time. Is Airborne (left) good/cost-effective enough for your main AT?

Should I be reactive or proactive?
4 Jul 2014, 09:45 AM

I have some replays on US versus PE search GR When I play versus PE its a cat and mouse game when the ac comes out you need to only attack when you know you can win, dont bleed mp, micro well, place mines, and estimate were he is roughly that comes with experience. On average I go armor but if he is blobbing pgs get strafe. Wanna know anything else just ask.
4 Jul 2014, 13:26 PM

Well I could tell you what I always do, I hope that helps a bit perhaps.

Most players will indeed go AC, and many of those will build two of them. I go 2 engie 4 rifles, and then pop bars out. Your barred rifle blob will beat his noob ass, so you can be super agressive when you have the 4 bar rifles. Most PE players dont expect that, and will make mistakes with their AC micro, which will die fast to your riflemans.

After that, I often go airborne to counter his heavier vehicles, which leaves your fuel free to get supply yard upgrades. If you don't want to go airborne, just use the fuel to go t3 or t4 (depending on mapcontrol), and kick his noob PE ass to the street. After that, smacktalk a bit and pridepost on GR.
4 Jul 2014, 14:38 PM
Coder Red Badge

Sit in buildings and run at him in a blob if he tries to capture your important territories. All you need is enough territory to quickly get M10s/M18s. If he's giving you that territory for free, you can just sit around and wait, then attack with all your infantry and your first tank when it comes out. If he's pressuring you, just run at him and focus his infantry. As long as you keep your fuel you'll be fine.
4 Jul 2014, 14:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2014, 13:26 PMWoggie
Well I could tell you what I always do, I hope that helps a bit perhaps.

Most players will indeed go AC, and many of those will build two of them. I go 2 engie 4 rifles, and then pop bars out. Your barred rifle blob will beat his noob ass, so you can be super agressive when you have the 4 bar rifles. Most PE players dont expect that, and will make mistakes with their AC micro, which will die fast to your riflemans.

After that, I often go airborne to counter his heavier vehicles, which leaves your fuel free to get supply yard upgrades. If you don't want to go airborne, just use the fuel to go t3 or t4 (depending on mapcontrol), and kick his noob PE ass to the street. After that, smacktalk a bit and pridepost on GR.

I get my acs to vet3 off versus that.
I would recommand the bars if you feel good and you have a good access to green cover.
Otherwise, you have to play the cat and mouse game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★