Login

russian armor

Hidden commanders and bulletins on loading screen.

4 Jul 2014, 00:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Bug? Hotfix? Intended ?
4 Jul 2014, 00:56 AM
Donator 11

Screenshots please :)
4 Jul 2014, 01:05 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

Screenshots please :)

Pretty self explanatory. You can no longer see commanders or bulletins on the loading screen. There is just a blank spot. Kind of lame if you ask me.
4 Jul 2014, 01:07 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2014, 01:05 AMOhme

Pretty self explanatory. You can no longer see commanders or bulletins on the loading screen. There is just a blank spot. Kind of lame if you ask me.

nobody asked you dude.

i think it's fine for usf and okw if they are not going to get new commanders but sov and ost have too many commanders for this feature to just go away
4 Jul 2014, 01:38 AM

the real question is why I can not see of my commanders during the loading?

I understand those of opponents, but mine...and those of my ally?

mah ...

As always, Relic, all or nothing
4 Jul 2014, 01:49 AM

if the fix of Rear Echelon's Volley fire is one small step for a man then the hidden commanders and bulletins is one giant backward for mankind.

- Relic Imdisappointed

4 Jul 2014, 03:23 AM

I kind of like the hidden commanders for opponents. *ducks*
Only Relic postRelic 4 Jul 2014, 03:41 AM
Developer Relic Badge

bug, will be fixed soon :)
4 Jul 2014, 06:00 AM

bug, will be fixed soon :)

How it is even possible to bug something like this out when changing balance only?
4 Jul 2014, 09:46 AM

Well i like this even more, u cant see right before the match start wath the enemy will do,
4 Jul 2014, 10:58 AM

I actually liked the inability to judge opponents. Made it so you can't start custom building your army based on likely conclusions of bulletins and commanders.
4 Jul 2014, 11:24 AM

Can you please also fix the bulletin/skins/commanders/strikes duplication 'bug' or at least try to explain why it happens, if it isn't a bug?
4 Jul 2014, 12:33 PM

Can you please also fix the bulletin/skins/commanders/strikes duplication 'bug' or at least try to explain why it happens, if it isn't a bug?

Why do people think having more than one of an item from a random drop system is a 'bug'

Have you never played a game with a drop system before?

Ever?

At all?

Even a little?

Maybe even once?

Because I'm guessing no.
4 Jul 2014, 13:14 PM

...because it almost certainly is. That or Relic are profoundly foolish, in that they are allowing people to have 3 versions of the same commander/skins/strikes (hint: load up the game with the same three commanders picked and see how useful it is).

In the case of the latter, it might be because they will be getting people to 'trade' with each other. Which makes me shudder. Imagine how tedious and annoying it will be, having to hunt down someone who has something you want, then try and reason with them for a fair trade.

What I don't understand is why people like you defend a broken system. You're promoting and supporting incompetence (hint: that's generally not a good thing).
4 Jul 2014, 13:28 PM

...because it almost certainly is. That or Relic are profoundly foolish, in that they are allowing people to have 3 versions of the same commander/skins/strikes (hint: load up the game with the same three commanders picked and see how useful it is).

In the case of the latter, it might be because they will be getting people to 'trade' with each other. Which makes me shudder. Imagine how tedious and annoying it will be, having to hunt down someone who has something you want, then try and reason with them for a fair trade.

What I don't understand is why people like you defend a broken system. You're promoting and supporting incompetence (hint: that's generally not a good thing).

Hint: No I'm not.
Hint: It most certainly is not a bug, or a problem.

Relic has told us bulletins stack. Why do you think they would allow that if they don't want duplicates?

I'm promoting relic to put more work into the system to bring it up to scratch. Relic has a habit of pushing release dates before everything is polished, but I can live with it. We have the base of what can be an excellent system.

For now, it's missing some eventual eventual functionality. The ability to swap & trade things will be a feature that will happen eventually.

You know what you do if you don't want to do that, and find it tedious?

Don't do it, and just play the game anyway, and buy the DLC you want rather than wait on it.

Seriously. Even the most basic understanding of how in game inventories and DLC coinciding works will explain how this system will develop. The slightest bit of knowledge of the relationship between content and marketing, play and purchases.

Having a brain, maybe.

You may not want to partake, and you don't have to. TF2, for example, has more items in it than some shipping warehouses, but the core game is still the exact same. And you can play it. For free, even.
4 Jul 2014, 13:35 PM

Can someone please tell me how I include a picture of a facepalm in a post? Words just won't do in situations like this.

'Hint: It most certainly is not a bug, or a problem.' you might want to go ahead and read the various posts that explain exactly why it is a problem (or a bug). Or do you have selective blindness?

'The ability to swap & trade things will be a feature that will happen eventually.' I'm going to assume you're pulling this out of your ****, as you aren't going to be able to provide a source for that claim.

'buy the DLC you want rather than wait on it' LOL. You so don't read more than 2 posts a year based on that comment.

'Having a brain, maybe.' See above.

Anyway, this is enough infighting. I'm going back to the slightly less, but still unproductive, activity of asking Relic for information...any information, about the problems with the current game.
4 Jul 2014, 13:38 PM

'Hint: It most certainly is not a bug, or a problem.' you might want to go ahead and read the various posts that explain exactly why it is a problem (or a bug). Or do you have selective blindness?

They're all from people like you, full of incessant and illogical complaining about nothing.

'The ability to swap & trade things will be a feature that will happen eventually.' I'm going to assume you're pulling this out of your ****, as you aren't going to be able to provide a source for that claim.

"Seriously. Even the most basic understanding of how in game inventories and DLC coinciding works will explain how this system will develop. The slightest bit of knowledge of the relationship between content and marketing, play and purchases.

Having a brain, maybe."

Remember that?

Anyway, this is enough infighting. I'm going back to the slightly less, but still unproductive, activity of asking Relic for information...any information, about the problems with the current game.

If working as intended is a problem, you'll have a pretty hard time getting the answers you want.
4 Jul 2014, 22:14 PM

How it is even possible to bug something like this out when changing balance only?

Code is complex. Maybe they just deleted a single bracket somewhere in a few million lines of of code and didn't notice.
5 Jul 2014, 01:00 AM

Code is complex. Maybe they just deleted a single bracket somewhere in a few million lines of of code and didn't notice.

Code is complex, yes. But this sort of big is visible and plainly obvious that it should have been caught by QC the moment they loaded up a game.
5 Jul 2014, 01:43 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Hint: No I'm not.
Hint: It most certainly is not a bug, or a problem.

No, it is a problem

Just because you are happy with it doesn't mean the rest of us have to like it

Relic has told us bulletins stack. Why do you think they would allow that if they don't want duplicates?

That thread is from 2013, and refers to when different bulletins overlapped (like 5% Cooldown with 2% Cooldown)

For now, it's missing some eventual eventual functionality. The ability to swap & trade things will be a feature that will happen eventually.

I do not share your faith, see below

Don't do it, and just play the game anyway, and buy the DLC you want rather than wait on it.

Except that we cannot do that, because all the new stuff is drop only

Seriously. Even the most basic understanding of how in game inventories and DLC coinciding works will explain how this system will develop. The slightest bit of knowledge of the relationship between content and marketing, play and purchases.

Having a brain, maybe.

Then you can tell me where this goes wrong:

No one needs duplicate commanders, yet it is possible

You cannot use more than 3 bulletins, yet if you can have more than 1 of the same commander I doubt they coded it in that you cannot earn the same bulletin more than three times. It has not happened yet but it will.

They did give people the ability to delete duplicates. If later down the line they add the ability to trade, everyone who deleted anything is going to be pissed.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 43
Russian Federation 79
unknown 55
United States 18
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L