Login

russian armor

Lienne Forest

3 Jul 2014, 16:29 PM

I'm having trouble with Lienne Forest map in 4-8 players.

Seems like every time I play on this map, it'll get to late game and Axis will win because of their superior infantry and late-game armour. The only times I win is if the team is noob and we manage to fence them in their base.

I'm an aggressive player and my last game I managed to cap their fuel twice, destroy two fuel add on nodes and still lost. Perhaps my team was bad but still. Once Axis get their first Panzer out, it goes downhill for my team. What is the strategy for this map?
12 Jul 2014, 09:54 AM

The good (and sometimes the bad) thing in laying 4 vs 4 (or 3 vs 3) is that u need a full team play, if 1 of the team is noob, or afk or leave, the whole game is screwed....

I like to play 4 vs 4 mostly, and i try to speak with my team m8s.

I always tring to take and hold 1 point alone, and tell to the other to attack 1 more point, and then hold, and help me to hold my.

in 80-90% of the games it works, try it...
14 Jul 2014, 17:59 PM

Seems to me is that I have the rifle commander and the easy 8 sherman is the one thing that can beat the crap out of axis armor in packs but on that map there is no room for me to flank with the shermans the sides are too cramped its screws the tanks AI so depending what side of the river the axis is on they just make a crap load of AT guns and sit there tanks across and build panzer head quarters there and trying to attack face on with shermans is insta death
14 Jul 2014, 19:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2014, 17:59 PMRocket
Seems to me is that I have the rifle commander and the easy 8 sherman is the one thing that can beat the crap out of axis armor in packs but on that map there is no room for me to flank with the shermans the sides are too cramped its screws the tanks AI so depending what side of the river the axis is on they just make a crap load of AT guns and sit there tanks across and build panzer head quarters there and trying to attack face on with shermans is insta death

Go airborne for clusters of german armor. call in major recon plane for scouting pass, wait 4 seconds, call in airborne rocket strafing run behind it, then m8 howitzer smoke the AT guns(or smoke any AA before the planes come in), major arty call if you have the muni, charge your infantry up with MG and AT guns, airborne drop onto their AT guns for decrew and smoke concealment, plant any demo charges you see worthy, snipe with Jackson behind your infantry push, they should be pretty messed up and scattered by that point.

retreat any hurt infantry back to your major, use the sherman's jackson to hold off any counter attack if the german's think they can counter your push. If they charge you, armor piecing rounds on jacksons/AT guns, keep smoking their AT guns, if their armor is close to dead charge shermans up for the finish/spotting for jackson, pop smoke to block AT or retreat them.
15 Jul 2014, 10:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2014, 19:36 PMDzuari

Go airborne for clusters of german armor. call in major recon plane for scouting pass, wait 4 seconds, call in airborne rocket strafing run behind it, then m8 howitzer smoke the AT guns(or smoke any AA before the planes come in), major arty call if you have the muni, charge your infantry up with MG and AT guns, airborne drop onto their AT guns for decrew and smoke concealment, plant any demo charges you see worthy, snipe with Jackson behind your infantry push, they should be pretty messed up and scattered by that point.

retreat any hurt infantry back to your major, use the sherman's jackson to hold off any counter attack if the german's think they can counter your push. If they charge you, armor piecing rounds on jacksons/AT guns, keep smoking their AT guns, if their armor is close to dead charge shermans up for the finish/spotting for jackson, pop smoke to block AT or retreat them.

There is a rather high munitions price tag on the strategy you suggested there. If I could pull that off it would be great but if I fail then I'm down a crap ton of munitions.

I think the main problem with this map is the river in the middle. Its hard for Allies to chase retreating enemy armour because they will slow down to cross the river, allowing ample time for Axis tanks to retreat to safety.

As an Allies player, I will always have that map vetoed when playing team games. Its simply too Axis favoured.
15 Jul 2014, 15:52 PM

There is a rather high munitions price tag on the strategy you suggested there. If I could pull that off it would be great but if I fail then I'm down a crap ton of munitions.

I think the main problem with this map is the river in the middle. Its hard for Allies to chase retreating enemy armour because they will slow down to cross the river, allowing ample time for Axis tanks to retreat to safety.

As an Allies player, I will always have that map vetoed when playing team games. Its simply too Axis favoured.

The biggest thing needed is the rocket strafe, everything else is situational, riflemen and sherman smoke is free, not sure about m8 or pack howitzer.

15 Jul 2014, 18:13 PM

I agree with applejack that river is a big problem just a tank trap for any allied tank that are pretty much all built for flanking. I think there is just too many choke points in general in that map that favor axis heavy armor and defensive positions both germans have especially now that the panzer headquarters does decent dmg to even the front of an easy 8 and absolutely destroys any at inf along with there small static rocket arty and heavy arty as well as there mobs of shrek inf that always seem to be waiting on the other side when you try to bring down a tiger or tiger 2. There 5 star inf by that point seem to be tough enough that they can live through our arty to capture vp points if we try the same with our 3 vet inf they just get almost insta wiped.
28 Jul 2014, 03:26 AM

I actually ban this map as ostheer after katyusha buff.This and ettlebruck.
This is what u need to do -

Early focus on the town side..here german mgs can be easily flanked it has a vp and lots of points.ur job is to garrison the town and creep here.Ur rifles will beat grens in the town and even sturmpios from buildings.

The forest area vp on the right has no imp res points and is low priroty.
Focus on town and try to catch german forces in a pincer one from town and one through the middle VP.
Lategame howitzer carriage and jackson spam. 3 Jacksons across the river on the mid VP will stop ANY german heavy armor cold.Ur targets are bleed and take town VP and res ,and creep mid VP which trickeir as mg deployment is easier.
If u have a soviet player its much easier maxims on the town.Then katyusha across the river.GG with isu-152 or is-2 to shield ur jacksons.Ur motor howtzer carriages will give great service in town and in creeping mid VP.
28 Jul 2014, 12:31 PM

When there is no room to flank, use smoke.
It sounds so stupid but I dont see players using it.
They go in with their jacksons and shermans, take the first shots of AT, fausts and tanks and than start flanking.

Also in the forestside of that map, where there are always mg's and bunkers, smoke and blitz trough it.

On maps where flanking isnt easy to do, smoke it and blitz trough the enemy lines. Seems a stupid advice but very effective.
29 Jul 2014, 15:16 PM

When there is no room to flank, use smoke.

This.

Smoke and mines are the two things that can turn around the result of a game.
Well used, smoke can render useless a defensive line(hmgs+ATguns), can force your enemy to fight at close range, can make a secure retreat path for your tanks/troops or can let your troops cap a point under heavy enemy fire.

Always, always have some smoke providing unit from midgame onwards.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★