Login

russian armor

Ostheer vs the USF

29 Jun 2014, 13:12 PM

Sorry, a good player with decent micro can avoid mg-42s with incen rounds anytime and will avoid panzerfaust as well with light vehicles.

And let's count: 1040 and 15 fuel mp for 2 hmg and 2 gren, T1 cost. This is best for defensive play and allows your opponent to cap the most of the map. For this cost the US can get 1 RE and 3 rifles and rifles > grens any day and if they get nades they can use smoke nades vs mgs.

Don't forget US get rifles from T0 while you have to get T1 to build useful units. This allows the US to out-cap you and out-tech you.

And 57mm with sherman or M36 will kill T3 any day. I had a game vs ImperialDane where he killed my stug with 1 shot from the 57mm and m36. And the US don't even need to tech to get atg if the paradrop 1 so....

29 Jun 2014, 18:09 PM

Oh man, the theorycraft is getting out of control here.

30 Jun 2014, 18:05 PM

I've been winning the vast majority of my matches as Ostheer against the USA Armed forces by going Elite Troops doctrine.

My build order is the following:

1) Grenadier
2) MG 42
3) Grenadier
4) MG 42

Tier One.
Vet 3 on grenadier with LMG 34
1) Pak 40. I do my best to get it out quickly against halftrack rush (Those goddam Flak-halftracks come too early.
2) Vet 3 on my second grenadier squad with Gewehr 43
Panzergrenadier squad (depending on the situation I upgrade it with panzerschrecks.

Tier 2.
Depending on the presence of enemy armour I go either Stug III (If they have Stuarts or Greyhounds) or Ostwind (if they have mortar/flak halftracks or 57mm AT guns).

I find that riflemen have trouble with early vet 3 Grenadiers. Also stun grenades do wonders against them if they try to close in on you, they're cheap thus spammable at 20 munitions. I keep my troops together and try to bleed riflemen as much as possible. Lastly Vet 3 Grens melt Rear Echelon troops, so I prioritize them before the pin my whole army with that ridiculous volley fire ability.

Most of the matches I get dominated territory wise as I don't spread my troops to capture. My VPs go as low as 100 VPs vs 450+ VPs for USA.

Nevertheless I keep my resolve until 15 Cps, the Tiger Ace with Vet 3 pio always wins me the game as the USA Armed forces have nothing to deal with it. Use target weak point on m36 Jackson, then use the ridiculous blitzkrieg with 50% speed increase to chase it and if you're getting hammered use smoke to save your Tiger Ace.

Quite frankly, Ostheer vs US Armed Forces is a tough matchup I rarely enjoy, it's a test of perseverance.
3 Jul 2014, 10:18 AM

Obviously the "balance" of the games will depend on your own level of skills. Something you find unbalanced at rank 1000ish will probably not be as unbalanced if you are in the top 10.

With that being said, I really don't like playing against US right now cause they are SO strong early game. Especially on maps with houses it feels like a equally-skilled US player will win EVERY time.

Grens: Weak against rifles early on. Will lose one model instantly.
MGs: Supposedly good vs US, but you have to be lucky not to get flanked.
Mortar:....
Sniper: Haven't tried it, should be good but the low armor and heavy dmg from us inf makes me doubtful.

Normally I'd never go t3 vs US since I will definately not have fuel-advantage and I don't understand what a stug or p4 would do against Jackson and zooks anyway.
3 Jul 2014, 21:27 PM
Donator 22

Normally I'd never go t3 vs US since I will definately not have fuel-advantage and I don't understand what a stug or p4 would do against Jackson and zooks anyway.

true words. the jackson will eat you pz4.
Try to skip t3 and get t4 or wait for call ins
6 Jul 2014, 08:13 AM

I see no real solutions on this thread. MG42s are very hard to use and very easily flankable on most maps. Especially on the new WFA maps where there's barely line of sight in any direction, same goes for PaKs.

The problem is the BAR blobs and LT that will screw your infantry in the early game. You'd need at least vet 2 grens with LMGs to compete with those. And the AAHT comes so early you won't be able to have schrecks by that time if you wish to have more than 2 or 3 T1 units. And the scout car isn't a counter against that thing.

You can never just stall to tigers against USF unless you really outplay your opponent because most of the time you will struggle during the early game and end up in a very bad position.
6 Jul 2014, 08:22 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Just played an ostheer vs USF. Jacksons are a pain to deal with on this map, I think. Also carelessly lost a bunch of stuff (who knew ACs died to bar blobs so quickly)

http://www.coh2.org/replay/19849/ace-up-my-sleeve

Yeah, yeah, I cheated and used the Ace. I don't care :P

Addendum- Probably played way too campy with my MGs in the opening. Grenadiers died really early on, panzergrens did nothing then died too.
6 Jul 2014, 12:55 PM

Cruzz beated me when I was with USF against his Ostheer on Crossing in the Woods. He had some mg-42s (once vetted they suppress everything), 2 snipers and pios. Later on he got PGrens with Shrecks to counter my M15 Flak-truck. Late-game he got Stug-e and a Tiger, maybe a pak as well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★