Login

russian armor

War Spoils explained by Relic

PAGES (10)down
3 of 4 Relic postsRelic 27 Jun 2014, 18:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 18:35 PMKyle

From what Relic Explains, It's a " fuck you " to people like playing comp storm.

I'm assuming you mean Comp Stomps. You can definitely get items from comp stomp.

The way to get stuff is by playing the game. You play and you get stuff.

Yes I know lots of you would like a set of rules to get everything you want. But then you'd go out and do those things and you'd be done.

We built this system so that people can get stuff after a few games, and after a few months and after a few years. If your goal is to catch them all within the first week of playing, then this probably isn't going to help you that much.

If your goal is just to get War Spoils then I understand that this is frustrating. We build this not so people would create games that they don't play just to mine items, but so that people who are playing the game get rewards for playing the game.

We're also going to continue evaluating how it works, and tweak the system. So feedback is definitely welcome, but try to live with the system for a bit before deciding that you love or hate it.
4 of 4 Relic postsRelic 27 Jun 2014, 18:57 PM

Will it take something silly, like 150+ hours to get this? Specifics would be useful, like if it's 1 random win per 2 hours of gameplay (that's what I'm guessing). Most of the wins are effectively meaningless bulletins.

You get a War Spoils drop after x number of hours. You can get multiple drops in a day, as long as you've played x, 2x, 3x and so on hours.

What you get is random - though it is weighted towards what faction you're playing. So if you're playing US Forces you're more likely to get a US Forces drop. It's not a guarantee, but it's more likely.

27 Jun 2014, 18:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Thank you noun.

Are you at liberty to explain the position on duplicates?
27 Jun 2014, 19:10 PM

Oh first time ever I got a reply from you guys. Nice free faceplate anyway, thank you for that.

I'm assuming you mean Comp Stomps. You can definitely get items from comp stomp.

Yes and sorry about that. I misunderstood that when I read. This is my bad.

The way to get stuff is by playing the game. You play and you get stuff.

Yes I know lots of you would like a set of rules to get everything you want. But then you'd go out and do those things and you'd be done.

We built this system so that people can get stuff after a few games, and after a few months and after a few years.

If your goal is to catch them all within the first week of playing, then this probably isn't going to help you that much.

Nope. My Goal in COH2 right now is to win match and know what I'm gonna get by doing it.

I understand from this new " war spoils " system is that you want to surprise the players. That's a good thing to do but not for the whole game.

I explained from my previous post about what's cool for random ( Bulletins, faceplate, Skins ) and what's not cool for random ( Commanders ). Everybody know how important commanders are for a match. Bulletins or skins are not gonna effect me TOO MUCH but commanders is a different story

We build this not so people would create games that they don't play just to mine items, but so that people who are playing the game get rewards for playing the game.

True. Then don't make people praying for god that they gonna get lucky or unlucky. Something like commanders may not be cool for random.

We're also going to continue evaluating how it works, and tweak the system. So feedback is definitely welcome, but try to live with the system for a bit before deciding that you love or hate it.

Oh yes, thank you for reminding me. I WILL live with this system: Base game + WFA + 12 commanders I payed for is money after all, not just some random payper
27 Jun 2014, 19:24 PM

Thanks for the information, noun.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 18:57 PMNoun

You get a War Spoils drop after x number of hours. You can get multiple drops in a day, as long as you've played x, 2x, 3x and so on hours.

What you get is random - though it is weighted towards what faction you're playing. So if you're playing US Forces you're more likely to get a US Forces drop. It's not a guarantee, but it's more likely.

27 Jun 2014, 19:36 PM

I do like the idea of getting unlocks deep into the future of this game, but I agree that the rarity of commanders is really silly.

The system should either drop commanders as well as bulletins at each drop, or allow players to pick which group of items they want.

I literally do not care about bulletins, but don't mind seeing them unlock. However, I do want to play with commanders and since I have never purchased any DLC commanders would really like to try some out.
27 Jun 2014, 19:48 PM

I do like the idea of getting unlocks deep into the future of this game, but I agree that the rarity of commanders is really silly.

Gamers. even complain when they get commanders for free.

I got 2 commanders in 1 day. ya i am a lucky one and no, i wasn't playing the whole day.
27 Jun 2014, 19:56 PM

Based on what I've seen and asked of a few of the most prolific players (casters) since release: roughly 15-20 hours of gaming time = 1 random commander, not necessarily WFA is what I got. That's a lot of hours. That's why I guessed ~150 hours plus as there will undoubtedly be non WFA commanders that will be won.

I don't know if I'll make it that far- at least not over the next 6 months I won't. It's too bad because I really want to explore all 6 rare WFA commanders.
27 Jun 2014, 20:24 PM

I play mostly comp stomps on regular.. Played about 12 hours so far and got a Stuart bulletin, 2 of the same ostheer skin and the rifle commander.. I leveled up twice to 80 during this time and got boxes on both level upgrades.. The 76 sherman is quite sweet..
27 Jun 2014, 20:31 PM
Patrion 310

Every 6 hours? New Commanders only by chance... Skins...Bulletins... Faceplates by sheer luck ok... but Commanders... sad. I won't spend my rare free time chasing Commanders for hundreds of hours. You also get your money by people who are in the middle of their working life... sad.
And the look and feeling of the new army customizer section is dreadful.

Regards,
Chicken
27 Jun 2014, 20:46 PM

"That you’re connected to our servers! Being connected lets us track your playing time."

That's great if only I wouldn't disconnect every game I finish.
I end my game and the game says i'm disconnected, I can reconnect with the relic servers but this causes that my play time is not recorded!
Surely, i'm not the only one who disconnects?
27 Jun 2014, 20:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 19:48 PMofield

Gamers. even complain when they get commanders for free.

I got 2 commanders in 1 day. ya i am a lucky one and no, i wasn't playing the whole day.

I am not complaining about the new system. If Relic chooses to keep it into the future that is their decision. I was pointing out what I liked about the system and what I didn't, that is called constructive criticism, very different from whining.

Also of course individuals will be able to come on here with anecdotal evidence talking about the new commanders they unlocked. That's the thing about random, it's random. Some people will get lots of commanders by sheer chance while others will get few to none.
27 Jun 2014, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 18:35 PMKyle

Personal opinion after reading this new " War Spoils explained by Relic ": They really did fuck this shit up.

For hardcore players: Man I have spend so many times playing and just to get this ? ( This could be shitty bulletin, shitty commanders, a commander the players aready have, his mom, a new skin )

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2014, 19:12 PMKyle
This is my personal opinion:

- You messed up the COH2 with P2W Commanders. ( Don't tell me you guys don't have problem dealing with Tiger Ace, vet buying, Windustry right after they got release. Do the Relic Balance team even alive ? How can they not see those problem ? )

I'm moderately confused about your ranting (cleverly disguised as personal opinion)

Do you want to pay for commanders or do you want them for free from playing the game?

There is just no pleasing some people I suppose.
27 Jun 2014, 21:19 PM

I can't believe how everyone is crying "Shut up and take my money, Noun"...
The system now is perfect. Maybe some higher drop rates but nothing else. Period.
The whole gaming community has become simply ridiculous.
Honestly I don't have much time either. Maybe I get to play 3-4 games in a week. So what?
I prefer getting some free stuff once in a while.
Is this what our society has become? Crying little children who complain if they don't get flooded with compliments after every five minutes?!
27 Jun 2014, 21:26 PM

I like it. My goal when playing isn't to get drops, it's to have fun and win some matches. If i also get the odd reward out of it, besides the feeling of victory, I'm happy.
27 Jun 2014, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 18:57 PMNoun

I know this is new information but do we know the X value for this current patch?
27 Jun 2014, 21:38 PM
Patrion 14

I'd rather get one commander after ten hours of play than a crappy bulletin after two.

Then again, ain't got time to farm, would rather just buy a commander like before. As for the dude who said people asking to pay are 'like whining children' .... LOL. The something for nothing DLC haters are the whining kids here.
27 Jun 2014, 21:44 PM

I'm moderately confused about your ranting (cleverly disguised as personal opinion)

Do you want to pay for commanders or do you want them for free from playing the game?

There is just no pleasing some people I suppose.

No sir, my point are:

- Commanders that are come with WFA should be unlock at certain level or user have to fulfill required ( like win 20games as OKW v.v.v ) to unlock it. My point is I want to know how do I unlock commander, not playing until RNG god give me one.

- I did not mention paying or unlock any ( Paid - Premium )commanders. I only mention about unlock those commanders COME with WFA. From my intel, after WFA come out there hasn't sell any Premium commander.

- Bulletins, faceplate, skins are good with the random system.

- Why do we have same commander/bulletins again ?
27 Jun 2014, 22:03 PM

It would be a much better system if you couldn't get drops of things you already have and if things dropped for the faction you were playing, I don't want Soviet drops when I'm playing OKW :(
27 Jun 2014, 22:09 PM

If we want to figure this out and all things being equal we should start logging hours played by numbers of drops. I recieved two bulletins my first game today. Then I played for 3 more hours. No drops. So by that I know the X is greater than 3 hours (which to me is abysmally low considering bulletins dups etc).

Probably take several thousand hours at this rate to get all the unlocks you want or longer...
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS