Login

russian armor

War Spoils explained by Relic

PAGES (10)down
27 Jun 2014, 17:35 PM

i got something in my first game played, was pretty cool. :)
27 Jun 2014, 17:41 PM

With war spoils, I consider bulletins nonsense/counterproductive(as it gives hints on your build order) and I never play a match with them set on.

the only war spoils I won worth mentioning are: 1 (Light) skin, 1 Terror tactics commander.
27 Jun 2014, 18:00 PM

So can anyone tell me if you get the commanders from a drop if you have them permanently? Or is there only a window of time that you can use them like in the Alpha.

Noun wrote somewhere that the drops are all permanent, unlike the alpha.
27 Jun 2014, 18:02 PM

Does anyone know if I can receive SoW commander drops for factions I don't own?
27 Jun 2014, 18:02 PM
Patrion 15

They left a ton of questions unanswered, we already basically knew everything from the article.

- Are the commanders you unlock through warspoils permanent, or do they have a ~48 hour window like in the alpha?

- Are there plans to eliminate the duplicate drops? It feels pretty shitty when you get a drop of a commander that you already paid money for.

- Are they planning on ever offering the commanders for purchase?

- Are they concerned w/ the people who will just afk matches to get content?

On another note, nice video! Would love to go skydiving at some point!

Noun wrote somewhere that the drops are all permanent, unlike the alpha.

This is great news, if someone could confirm this that would be great! If that's the case I hope they never allow commanders to be purchased.
27 Jun 2014, 18:04 PM

None of what they said really explains the system or the plans they have for it. All it said is that "War Spoils drop randomly when you play games", which if people hadn't figured that out by now, I'd be worried for them. The only bit that we could've guessed and didn't know for certain was how the length of the game effected it(Which is a function I don't see the point of).

Hopefully they have something bigger planned for War Spoils, a system like this has so much potential and I don't want to see it wasted.
27 Jun 2014, 18:06 PM
Patrion 15

None of what they said really explains the system or the plans they have for it. All it said is that "War Spoils drop randomly when you play games", which if people hadn't figured that out by now, I'd be worried for them. The only bit that we could've guessed and didn't know for certain was how the length of the game effected it(Which is a function I don't see the point of).

Hopefully they have something bigger planned for War Spoils, a system like this has so much potential and I don't want to see it wasted.

I agree, I wanted to hear an overall philosophy with some insight into some of the creative things they could do w/ a system like this. This "announcement" was basically just a video of Greg skydiving. While that's pretty cool, I wanted some real info on the warspoils system that we haven't already figured out on our own.
27 Jun 2014, 18:08 PM
Patrion 14

So... absolutely no information. Just make sure you have no life.

Thanks Relic... way to crush the little man.
1 of 4 Relic postsRelic 27 Jun 2014, 18:10 PM

So can anyone tell me if you get the commanders from a drop if you have them permanently? Or is there only a window of time that you can use them like in the Alpha. Also, I really don't like that if you forget to open the box after a game you don't get the spoils. I have missed multiple. I mean if your going to give me a present, at least let me open when I want, right!?

Any item won through War Spoils is a permanent item. We played around with timed items in the Alpha but decided against doing them live.
27 Jun 2014, 18:14 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 18:10 PMNoun

Any item won through War Spoils is a permanent item. We played around with timed items in the Alpha but decided against doing them live.

This is great news! I would love to hear more on the system, you could do so many cool things!

-Hotstreaks!
-Consistent use of certain units unlocking unique bullitens for them, allowing players to tailor their bullitens to their play style more specifically.
-Trading commanders via steamworks!

What other cool things could be implemented w/ a system like this?
27 Jun 2014, 18:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 18:10 PMNoun

Noun can we buy the new commanders at some point aswell?, some of us don't have enough time to unlock them in spoils. Take our Money!
27 Jun 2014, 18:17 PM
Honorary Member Badge

They left a ton of questions unanswered, we already basically knew everything from the article.

- Are there plans to eliminate the duplicate drops? It feels pretty shitty when you get a drop of a commander that you already paid money for.

See also:

Duplicates of buletins you have already played to unlock, even if they stack you will never want more than 3
27 Jun 2014, 18:17 PM

Noun; is Relic willing to offer some of these commanders for sale in the future? I'm not hard up for a couple bucks and would rather pay.
27 Jun 2014, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 18:17 PMNapalm
Noun; is Relic willing to offer some of these commanders for sale in the future? I'm not hard up for a couple bucks and would rather pay.

This!
27 Jun 2014, 18:23 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Noun can we buy the new commanders at some point aswell?, some of us don't have enough time to unlock them in spoils. Take our Money!

me too.

pls relic!!!!
27 Jun 2014, 18:29 PM

Well if Relic can implement duplicate drops, why don't they introduce the trading system like TF2, the drop system is very good but if only they reduce the ridiculous time required for a drop.
2 of 4 Relic postsRelic 27 Jun 2014, 18:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 18:17 PMNapalm

We don't want to talk about selling stuff right now.

We understand that there are people, and I'm like this, who don't have as much time to invest in playing games as others and may want to get things quicker by spending a bit of money. We know this, but for now we're focused on the War Spoils system.
27 Jun 2014, 18:35 PM

With WFA come out, I found it worth 20$ I spend for the 2 Faction. Lots of fun and stuff.

Personal opinion after reading this new " War Spoils explained by Relic ": They really did fuck this shit up.

1 ) We have 3 types of players : Mostly 1vs1 and 2vs2, Playing all kind of games, Playing with AI.

A sorry to Relic about the comp storms part. I misunderstood it.

For some normal players: Ah it's ok, 5 minutes is not too long, let's see what will I get !

For hardcore players: Man I have spend so many times playing and just to get this ? ( This could be shitty bulletin, shitty commanders, a commander the players aready have, his mom, a new skin )

2 ) We want a goal. Look at Battlefield 4, they ain't fucking shit up about this.

- You get new weapon after using weapon for the same class after sometimes

- After sometimes you use a weapon, they gave you a Silver Case and in there are 3 random shit ( Could be scope, could be their mom , could be a silencer ).

- Some attachments requied players to kill 60 enemies to get it, some based on luck ( have to open via battlepack )

The point is: YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING FROM YOUR PLAYSTYLE.

- You want a new Assault Rifle ? Play with Assault Rifle!

- oh you want a night Vision for the assault rifle ? Try to play more with it and if lucky you might open a battlepack with it.

From this War Spoils system, we migh just try the fuck out of OKW and bam, you get some shitty bulletins, skin or lucky a commander! Heck, we are so good that we gave you the same commander again !

We are playing blindly, we are playing and then pray the fuck out of god please give me a commander. Some people might be lucky, some ain't:

- From the day WFA come out, I have spend 18 hours ( level 29 OKW atm ) and I have 3 shitty bulletins and that's it.

- Some random guy play and got 1 commander !

- Some random guy play and got 2 same commander ( crying so hard )!

The point is: Relic, we want a Goal. We want to know how to get a commander ( By reaching a certain level, by playing more than 100 games and at least 5 mins in game with OKW to get new commanders ). Basically, we want to know HOW , not just playing blindly.

3)For Bulletins, skins and faceplate : Yes, I don't mind you do random for this but make a system for it.

Example

- After 5 games as OKW, you will get to open 3 boxs from 10

- After reach 5 level as OKW, you will get to open 3 boxs from 10

A random system like that is ok: We still know that after sometimes, we will get to choose something. We will want to try to level up more so we can open more luck boxs.

4) Your inventory system right now compare to the old one is suck hard + Nobody like to have 2 same commanders/bulletins/skins ( Unless you can sell that shit on steam store like Dota or CS:GO )

If I can make 1 wish come true then I pray that Relic stop making RNG into their religion. Seriously, jesus is fine, buddha is fine, heck even Kim Il Sung as a god is fine. Not RNG GOD.

God I'm asian and I have to spend 20 mins to type this English and I know that it got a lot of grammar mistakes so sorry whoever find it annoying.
27 Jun 2014, 18:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2014, 18:32 PMNoun

We don't want to talk about selling stuff right now.

We understand that there are people, and I'm like this, who don't have as much time to invest in playing games as others and may want to get things quicker by spending a bit of money. We know this, but for now we're focused on the War Spoils system.

Good to hear that you know this, but since you're focused on the war spoils, in the todays explanation of them you've said they are frequent.

They are anything but frequent, unless 2/day is frequent and considering the probability of duplicates and the sheer amount of bulletins, I suppose getting a commander one would want equally to playing lottery, instead of huge amount of money over time you loose huge amount of time itself. Well, not like its completely lost, as you play the game after all, but getting a reward you want/need is a chore unless you're luckiest guy online.
27 Jun 2014, 18:44 PM

Pretty much I think every US player wants Rifle company (Sherman Easy Eight, also advertised on the Coh2 Blog) and Elite armor for OKW (Pz IV J) and use more strats online. And everybody wants the other 6 hidden commanders for the expansion.

Will it take something silly, like 150+ hours to get this? Specifics would be useful, like if it's 1 random win per 2 hours of gameplay (that's what I'm guessing). Most of the wins are effectively meaningless bulletins.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight