Login

russian armor

Drop Hack continues

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
13 Dec 2014, 19:32 PM
Coder Red Badge

Drophacks aren't handled by the trust system. The servers can tell which player is still connected after a disconnect, and will award the win accordingly. If you're getting constant losses from drops, it's likely a problem with your connection. This is even more likely based on the numbers you give. 100 drops is a ridiculous amount.
14 Dec 2014, 00:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2014, 19:32 PMInverse
Drophacks aren't handled by the trust system. The servers can tell which player is still connected after a disconnect, and will award the win accordingly. If you're getting constant losses from drops, it's likely a problem with your connection. This is even more likely based on the numbers you give. 100 drops is a ridiculous amount.

some peopel have said that even with good trust rating, they still get losses. ALso, most of these "hacks" occur when one team is getting stomped. It never happens at the beginning of the match.
14 Dec 2014, 22:34 PM

Honestly, what can one do when they have been "Drophacked"? I just played a game where I was beating an opponent, he said something like "Time to stop nice person game" and minutes later my game froze. I thought maybe it was a hardware issue, or that I lost connection to the servers, but then I checked the other players profile and... Well, see for yourself:http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198105028196.

Would everyone agree that the number of drops and disputes this person has is WAY above average, especially for the amount of hours and games he has played?

And more importantly, is there actually anything anyone can do to keep these players from playing the game? Is there a cheater report system in place? Even if there is, is Relic actively looking for these players and taking appropriate action?
14 Dec 2014, 23:04 PM

yeah that is a bunch of disputes. i dont think enforcement@relic.com even does anything. I think relic wants us to drop hack more
16 Dec 2014, 15:44 PM

ive heard alot about drop hacking especially in coh1 but never really knew wtf people were talking about. :p
16 Dec 2014, 17:43 PM

I have been getting a TON of drops since the December release and its usually when I am about to win. But the ONLY way someone could have known that is if they also had a map hack.

I am wondering if one or more of the battleservers is just hosed up and confirmation bias is making people think its drop hacking...
16 Dec 2014, 19:54 PM

I have been getting a TON of drops since the December release and its usually when I am about to win. But the ONLY way someone could have known that is if they also had a map hack.

I am wondering if one or more of the battleservers is just hosed up and confirmation bias is making people think its drop hacking...

This. I'm much more concerned about map hacks.
16 Dec 2014, 20:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2014, 19:24 PMRMMLz

The answer to that question is kinda deep my friend. I have seen a lot of cheater in many games, even in lan parties. The acceptance of others, being virtually good at something and many other thing make people cheat. Why do Olympic athletes cheat?
They are immature.

The answer is not deep. It's the age. A 16 years old brat is more likely to hack than a 40 years old man.
So yes, it's about age and maturity and maybe lastly about character. Kids don't stand to lose. They have to be the best in everything. If they are not the best at that game, they cheat. If the cheat doesn't work, they quit the game, because that game "is shit" :D.
But it's not only the drophack. It's also the maphack, let's not forget it. ATs allways set facing your tanks no mater if you executed a perfect flanking manuever. A stealthy placed mine that is allways bypassed by your enemy. Every artilerry barage lands exactly on top of your blob, through FOW without any recon... and so on.
16 Dec 2014, 21:32 PM

i doubt the hackers are young kids. i am guessing more towards adults
16 Dec 2014, 21:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

The only hacker I can remember in the coh community was a teenager.
16 Dec 2014, 21:42 PM
Coder Red Badge

Biosparks, Snej, IP4K, that shithead from Notorious who had a fighter plane as his avatar...at least three of them were teenagers. Biosparks might've been a bit older.

I'd say it's pretty likely that most cheating in online games is done by kids.
16 Dec 2014, 21:44 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

the cheats are created by adults though, for the challenge of it.

Possibly also for money.
16 Dec 2014, 21:59 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2014, 19:32 PMInverse

Not sure if I'm using the wrong terminology, but I'm talking about what was discussed on previous page. Generally the game freezes up and the whole team starts 'wtf' in chat, and then if you wait around finally the defeat screen arrives, while still being connected. I'm assuming this uses trust system? Otherwise I can't imagine what else it would be used for.
16 Dec 2014, 22:13 PM

yeah i know it is not my internet connection because everyone on teamspeak is still talking and everyone can type
16 Dec 2014, 22:28 PM
Coder Red Badge

There are a hundred potential points of failure between your machine and the server. If any of those go offline, you're fucked. A freeze on your end means you've lost connection to the server, which means somewhere along that line between you and the server something's gone wrong. In order to achieve this on purpose, a hacker would have to DDoS your connection, DDoS the server, or exploit a vulnerability in the server architecture. DDoSing the server is the likeliest method, and is not easily prevented.

Drophacking is disconnecting with the intention of having the trust system decide the match. That's not possible in CoH2 because when one player disconnects the server detects this and gives the win to the other player. There are always going to be other exploits, but none of those are drophacking in the traditional sense.

Bottom line, if you're getting disconnected a lot, it's almost certainly a problem with your connection to the servers.
19 Dec 2014, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2014, 22:28 PMInverse
There are a hundred potential points of failure between your machine and the server. If any of those go offline, you're fucked. A freeze on your end means you've lost connection to the server, which means somewhere along that line between you and the server something's gone wrong. In order to achieve this on purpose, a hacker would have to DDoS your connection, DDoS the server, or exploit a vulnerability in the server architecture. DDoSing the server is the likeliest method, and is not easily prevented.

Drophacking is disconnecting with the intention of having the trust system decide the match. That's not possible in CoH2 because when one player disconnects the server detects this and gives the win to the other player. There are always going to be other exploits, but none of those are drophacking in the traditional sense.

Bottom line, if you're getting disconnected a lot, it's almost certainly a problem with your connection to the servers.

it can't be inverse. how can u say it is our connection to the servers when i am sitting in a full party that is experiencing the problem. Our voice chat still works so it is definitely not our internet
19 Dec 2014, 19:35 PM
Coder Red Badge

You realize you can have a poor connection to one location but a fine connection to others right?
19 Dec 2014, 19:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2014, 19:35 PMInverse
You realize you can have a poor connection to one location but a fine connection to others right?

but everyone in the party is having the same issue, at exactly the same time

now u may think its a conneciton issue if u play 1v1... but try queuing up as a team of four and having the same issue affecting the entire team. it is suspicious
19 Dec 2014, 19:41 PM
Coder Red Badge

It's not suspicious at all. It means the server has a shitty connection. The only way that's hacking is if there's some way to reliably crash a battle server, which is very unlikely, or your opponents are simultaneously DDoSing your entire team, which is pretty much never going to happen in a million billion years.
19 Dec 2014, 19:49 PM

please play the game inverse and load up some 3v3 and 4v4s. you will see ridiculous conneciton issues and suspicious behavior by players and teams
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight