Login

russian armor

Any (good) use of the Jagdtiger ?

22 Aug 2014, 16:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2014, 14:37 PMAlbus
http://www.coh2.org/replay/22830/jagdtiger-saving-lost-games-for-days

:snfBarton:

Jagdtiger did more damage in this game than each individual player (42k damage by the Jagdtiger alone).

Don't understimate this things ability to completely shut down all allied vehicles. It wasn't going up against T34s either: The Jagdtiger was raping ISU-152s, IS2 spams, one-shot an M5 at one point... etc.

Why your mate never did a recon flight, so you can snipe down their tanks?
22 Aug 2014, 19:08 PM

Why your mate never did a recon flight, so you can snipe down their tanks?

He definitely could have done. I guess we forgot D:
22 Aug 2014, 23:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2014, 19:08 PMAlbus

He definitely could have done. I guess we forgot D:

FFS :snfAmi:
23 Aug 2014, 14:49 PM

The biggest problem with the Jagdtiger isn't with the tank itself but rather how many players use it incorrectly. I often see players use it as they would a king tiger. It is best used far from the front lines to prevent any Tank Pushes. Keep it out of danger and provide it with Sight and it will pay for itself. Drop Mines on any roads or paths which lead directly to your Jagdtiger. Keep a Raketenwerfer or two near it just in case and you will see it not only survive the entire game but shut down allied tanks with ease.

24 Aug 2014, 03:58 AM

It is supposed to be a durable PaK 43 that is able to move back for repairs. You cannot use it to effective probe because of all the LOS break ups in these maps.

Use it in defense of a choke and you'll be fine.
31 Aug 2014, 01:52 AM

This unit rocks. It generally 2 shots most medium armour. It can easily deal with IS2s and ISUs... Those units know it's over as soon as they have been hit with a shot from it. Couple it up with a teammate that has some kind of recon ability and it's GG for all opposing armour.
2 Sep 2014, 05:31 AM

Yeah, Jagdtiger gets a bad rap. Lately, I've been opting for it instead of waiting for a Panther to pretty good results. Just don't overextend with it and practice reversing away from attempted flanks while angling the back end so that its turret is pointing at the enemy. Never click-attack on an enemy tank trying to get behind you. The Jag will just turn in place horrifically slow and you'll be done for.
16 Sep 2014, 13:59 PM

I read this thread. Conclusion is one. Dont use jagdtiger in 1vs1? Yes? I dont seen players in top rank matches who used this unit in 1vs1. Anyway..which doctrine is better? Luftwaffe Ground Forces Doctrine or Breakthrough Doctrine? And how to use them properly?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 11
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak