Login

russian armor

Dealing with volley fire

14 Jul 2014, 16:54 PM

Volley fire is useless now.

I'm sure glad that is settled. I was getting tired of being able to compete with early game Sturm Pios.

^^ worthless ability now.
18 Jul 2014, 04:57 AM

Best way to deal with volley fire?

Cry about it and have Relic nerf it to the ground. They might as well remove volley fire from the game.
18 Jul 2014, 05:10 AM

Volley fire is garbage now but relic justified it because "it was effective in pro levels" or something along those lines.

So I suggest making it to the top 10 1v1 & 2v2 US rankings to see results.
18 Jul 2014, 06:39 AM

Worthless? I dunno. It's not very good but it has some niche uses that I have seen.

Volley Fire just lets Rear Echelons bully units in situations where they have the upper hand temporarily.

Try it in these circumstances:

1) Rear Echelons are in green cover or a building. Enemy assault troops are charging: Sturmpioneers, Pioneers, or Assault Grenadiers. Volley Fire will suppress them before they reach you and turn the battle.

2) Rear Echelons are charging with Riflemen. This takes some micro but USE the ability on the target you want to suppress and then keep moving. Volley Fire still doesn't go away when you start moving so they will continue to suppress on while they are moving up. The enemy will not realize this because they lose all of their little animation things after they start moving and besides you're charging with Riflemen who are way more dangerous than Rear Echelon Troops so they'll get ignored. If you get to the enemy the burst of suppression will probably suppress the unit you chose.

I've found myself using this ability a little here and there. It is dangerous and if the situation flips on it's head you should retreat quickly to avoid dying.

I wouldn't call it good but I don't think Rear Echelon troops are ever supposed to be good. They're just supposed to be useful in a pinch.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★