Login

russian armor

WFA - How it Affects Your Maps

27 Jun 2014, 18:19 PM

is there a way to access the stock wfa maps in the editor.

You need to unpack then from their archive file by running this command in command prompt from the CoH2 directory. I'm not sure how much you know about command prompt so I'll explain what I can.

1. Open command prompt in windows
2. Go to the directory you installed company of heroes at. (By default command prompt is "c:\users\username" ). So you'll probably want to type "cd C:\Steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes 2" depending where you installed the game.
3. put the following command into command prompt "Archive.exe -a CoH2\Archives\MPXP1Scenarios.sga -e CoH2\Data"

The maps will extract to that folder and you can just go to worldbuilder and open them now.
28 Jun 2014, 07:25 AM

You need to unpack then from their archive file by running this command in command prompt from the CoH2 directory. I'm not sure how much you know about command prompt so I'll explain what I can.

1. Open command prompt in windows
2. Go to the directory you installed company of heroes at. (By default command prompt is "c:\users\username" ). So you'll probably want to type "cd C:\Steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes 2" depending where you installed the game.
3. put the following command into command prompt "Archive.exe -a CoH2\Archives\MPXP1Scenarios.sga -e CoH2\Data"

The maps will extract to that folder and you can just go to worldbuilder and open them now.

Thanks a ton.
rix
30 Jun 2014, 12:15 PM

Can you guys help me where to find those shiny new bridge railings, and how to set them up properly?

They are the only thing missing on my map...
30 Jun 2014, 21:00 PM

Which bridge railings are you looking for? The iron railings? They should be under art_ambient > objects > walls > bridge_walls > rail_tresle_for_bridge_narrow
1 Jul 2014, 22:27 PM

Since the patch I have been able to run with the WF only, correctly. The original factions seem to not be able to construct any new buildings.

Am I missing something here???
2 Jul 2014, 04:09 AM

Even on Relic maps the original factions can't build any new buildings?
17 Jul 2014, 21:46 PM

...there are new water FX we can use to make waterfalls and creeks.

I haven't been able to locate this feature in WB. Is there a resource I can reference?
18 Jul 2014, 02:23 AM

They are action markers. The little red flag beside the object tool. Click that and select "Action Markers" under Marker Mode. Then right-click to place it on the map and a little white circle will appear. Left click on that and then click "edit action" to unlock more options in the tool above it. Then from there in the New Command drop down menu select "fx_attach". Expand that and there will be a field called "fx" where you can browse hundreds of different fx. Waterfalls should be listed under "fx_ambient > water" towards the bottom. It's just effects like splashing and white cascades so you need to get creative with how they actually look on the map. Same thing with the creeks, it's just white foam moving in a single direction that you just place ontop of water to give it the illusion of movement.
18 Jul 2014, 06:47 AM

Awesome! I've never used this tool before; now I have a lot to play with. Thank you for taking the time to explain it so thoroughly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS