Login

russian armor

WFA - How it Affects Your Maps

24 Jun 2014, 05:13 AM

Hey all,

Now that the expansion has been released, we have some new assets and things to look out for in worldbuilder.

First of all - If you have any maps in the workshop, you will need to go back and make sure that they all have enough room at their starting positions for the American faction. Right now a few of my maps have the starting positions all messed up because of the space requirements for the Americans. The starting position object has been changed so you can see how much space they need in worldbuilder.

Second of all - In Scenario Properties, you can now set if the battle front is Eastern or Western. I'm not certain what this does yet, but I believe it affects what kind of music will play on your map.

Thirdly - I think Relic changed some textures on us. One I've come across is the grass_mixed_07 texture. It is now much MUCH greener and messed up the colour palette on one of my maps. I'm not sure if they made any other changes, but you may want to look at your old maps to see if any textures may have changed.

Fourthly - How bout dem new assets? I figure I'll post some screenshots of the better ones.

New bridges:

Some new bridge walls (most notibly the smaller iron tressel):

This concrete bunker might come in handy:

A few new churches:

New civilian cars:

New rural buildings:

New urban buildings (Not sure why some are missing with yellow boxes):

Don't use this... I guess we shouldn't use it?:

I think the concrete bunker will come in handy since I was never a fan of those little twig bunkers we currently have to work with. The new rural buildings are also much nicer than the soviet rural. Oh, and although I don't have a screenshot for it, there are new water FX we can use to make waterfalls and creeks.

So share your thoughts on any of the new objects or if you find anything different with the worldbuilder tool.

Edit: Looks like the "Pine_02" object is no longer available and if you used it on your old maps you will need to change it, otherwise it will appear as a yellow box.
24 Jun 2014, 05:22 AM

Wow. I am still working on my map, and it's actually located in the Western front. Seems that I have to rework all buildings (the rural buildings look REALLY AWESOME :clap:). I can't wait to finish downloading the update and start building again!
24 Jun 2014, 12:26 PM

Maps should now seriously consider territory placement, with the new german faction in mind. The range of the base truck with the gun, for example.

Also, during the beta, I found that if the map wasn't exported using the beta worldbuilder, then the IMPASS layer was not recognized. I'm not sure how this transitions into the update/release, but I highly recommend re-exporting your maps, with the latest worldbuilder.
24 Jun 2014, 14:20 PM

They changed the grass textures, :|

And the bushes are dark green now :(

But the buildings are AWESOME (nice job on the churches Relic!) and the new factions are cool too (I just bought them :P).
24 Jun 2014, 14:27 PM

The radio_tower_mp tactical object doesent work with the new factions. So if anyone uses this in his map it might be better to replace it with something else
24 Jun 2014, 16:24 PM

grass_green_tall_01 has been changed seems to be very messed up now http://i.imgur.com/OekqgIe.jpg
Extremely annoying as my first map is almost done and now i have to find a replacement grass that fits, I'll edit this if i find anything else that's changed.

Hm I'm not certain but i think dark_shrubs_01 looks different too.

Edit: wait grass_danylion_01 is looking the same as grass_green_tall_01 http://i.imgur.com/G9054x9.jpg anyone else getting this?

Edit2: Okay the majority of grass is really screwed up for me, is it just my end or?
24 Jun 2014, 16:33 PM

grass_green_tall_01 has been changed seems to be very messed up now http://i.imgur.com/OekqgIe.jpg
Extremely annoying as my first map is almost done and now i have to find a replacement grass that fits, I'll edit this if i find anything else that's changed.

Hm I'm not certain but i think dark_shrubs_01 looks different too.

edit: wait grass_danylion_01 is looking the same as grass_green_tall_01 http://i.imgur.com/G9054x9.jpg anyone else getting this?

My grass_dandylion_01 looks normal. Probably something wrong on your end?
24 Jun 2014, 16:37 PM

My grass_dandylion_01 looks normal. Probably something wrong on your end?

Yeah i think it is... majority of them have variations of the same kind of broken grass texture as seen in the images i posted above, No idea what's caused this.
To think i was close to finishing and then this happens xD murphy's law man...

Edit So it appears its solely my map that has messed up grass since WFA came out
loading in other maps and the grass is fine, loading my map in game is still fucked, i deleted the worldbuilder.exe and redownloaded still the same.
So i have no idea whats caused it so I've uploaded my .sgb file of my map if someone could check this out for me reply to this and ill PM it to you as i want to try to avoid making the map completely public and having it stolen.
24 Jun 2014, 19:00 PM

Hey, I have some issues with WFA and my maps.
I'm not entierly sure if this belongs here, but hell :D

So I did update my maps to fit in the USA base camp.
But I cannot update my maps via workshop.
Then I found a post here which explains how to update your own maps with the number.sga in subscriptions and the sga extractor. I had a friend send me my maps as number.sga files, because funny enough they do not show in my subscription folder even though I did subscribe to all of them.
So I just renamend my new sga file to match the number and replaced it. Still I cannot update anything.
Is there a different approach to this or am I just completely doing it wrong?
Of course I could just delete everything from the workshop and republish the newer versions, but I would hate to loose all subscribers.

Can anyone help?
24 Jun 2014, 21:58 PM

OrigDan, send me your map file and I'll take a look.

BuzzMeeks, Are you getting an error code when you try to publish it or are they just not showing up in the list for you to be able to publish them?
25 Jun 2014, 07:50 AM

BuzzMeeks, Are you getting an error code when you try to publish it or are they just not showing up in the list for you to be able to publish them?

Okay it appears if i delete the grass entirely from my map and start re-adding it then appears to be fine... Strangely if i just remove the broken ones and add it, it's still broken until all of its removed, Very annoying to redo but i suppose its better than scrapping the map entirely.
No idea what could have caused this on solely my WIP map.
25 Jun 2014, 14:24 PM

Okay it appears if i delete the grass entirely from my map and start re-adding it then appears to be fine... Strangely if i just remove the broken ones and add it, it's still broken until all of its removed, Very annoying to redo but i suppose its better than scrapping the map entirely.
No idea what could have caused this on solely my WIP map.

I had EXACTLY the same problem with a map after an update too (not this update). ALL the grass changed into grass_leafy. It was really, really annoying since I used about 10 different grass types. I 'fixed' it by deleting all the grasses in the whole map and then re-doing everything which took about 3 hours. >:(
26 Jun 2014, 03:43 AM
26 Jun 2014, 07:40 AM

Maps should now seriously consider territory placement, with the new german faction in mind. The range of the base truck with the gun, for example.

Also, during the beta, I found that if the map wasn't exported using the beta worldbuilder, then the IMPASS layer was not recognized. I'm not sure how this transitions into the update/release, but I highly recommend re-exporting your maps, with the latest worldbuilder.

Are you noticing problems with the impass layer with the current build? Right now while trying to update one of my old maps I've found that the movement blocker objects do not work, even after I've resaved and regenerated impass with the new editor. It shows as red and impassable in worldbuilder, but in game it's broken.
26 Jun 2014, 08:43 AM

Wait, so did they change the starting position numbers?

So it was 1,3,5 - 2,4,6 and now it's 1,2,3 - 4,5,6?
26 Jun 2014, 08:46 AM

No, I could publish in theory, but it doesn't say "update" anywhere.
So I do not have the number.sga from my own published maps when I subscribe them and when I use the new mapname.sga, I can publish, but it will create a newly published map, not update the old one, at least I think that is going to happen, I didn't try to to just publish the map again.
26 Jun 2014, 17:02 PM

Buzz, you have to click publish again. As long as the map is the same filename it will publish overtop of your old one without resetting anything except the map description. Don't worry about it, I guess they were just too lazy to code it in for the button to change to "update" instead.

And as for the starting positions, I'll be honest I'm not entirely sure what Trigg meant by that.
26 Jun 2014, 18:44 PM

Issue with the grass resolved, avoid going over 11 grass types but for all i know other things could factor into it maybe having less of one thing enables you to have more grass types or something.
Should hopefully have my first map up in a couple of days.
26 Jun 2014, 22:09 PM

Buzz, you have to click publish again. As long as the map is the same filename it will publish overtop of your old one without resetting anything except the map description. Don't worry about it, I guess they were just too lazy to code it in for the button to change to "update" instead.

And as for the starting positions, I'll be honest I'm not entirely sure what Trigg meant by that.

Ok, I got it now!
And I don't even need the extractor or the number.sga.
I just make the changes and then edit the map description, extract the whole thing and just press publish again even though it is published alread. By the way, here it changes status to updating and that's it. Actually pretty easy.
Thx for the help, I'll update all maps within the next days ;)
27 Jun 2014, 16:49 PM

is there a way to access the stock wfa maps in the editor.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★