Login

russian armor

help please~~~~~

10 Aug 2014, 03:15 AM

Had a look at your map and it is painted impass all over the place.
remove the painted impass by right-clicking using the "Impass Map Editor"()

Medic's always come in handy, in dire situations. :) Thanks for getting to the answer Iron! My wife had me busy with chores.

Yes, there is lots of painted impass. I can see where problems would occur. Looks good so far. Keep adding in more detail.
10 Aug 2014, 06:20 AM
Patrion 14

that worked. thanks guys. i do believe that is it for now.
10 Aug 2014, 06:42 AM
Patrion 14

nope nope nope i am not done. lol. one more question. since the map is a rectangle, it kinda does not look good in the loading screen. so i see there is a guide about making tactical map but i don't see one for the loading screen image.

so how would i make my own image for that and add it to the loading screen>
10 Aug 2014, 14:29 PM

Take a screenshot, add whatever text you want (created by...ect), and set resolution to 1920x1080, then save as
Map_Name_loading_background.tga
"4p_Forest_Intersection_loading_background.tga" for your map.

But that is the background loading image. If you refer to the tactical map during the loading screen, the tactical map tutorial covers all of the tactical maps, including the map showed during loading.
11 Aug 2014, 12:00 PM
Patrion 14

11 Aug 2014, 14:50 PM
Patrion 14

ok. i played 3 grueling and very brain dead comp stomp game against experts to get some footage for my maps trailer.

then when i load up the replays, it says "sync error detected" right in the middle of the screen. i mean wtf. why is this?
11 Aug 2014, 17:22 PM

My issues with replays I've made on maps, for footage, was trying to review them, after exporting the map again. Once the map is changed, any replays on previous versions will not work correctly, even if the changes are small. I imagine this is not your problem, but either way, that is my experience. For the best footage, I recommend Janne's Cheat Mod, and use a real time screen video capture program, like fraps, or overwolf. Cheat Mod will let you set up some real specific shots, with specific units...ect, and allow you to remove the UI for the capture, without having to learn the NIS process.

And thanks for the contributor status'.
11 Aug 2014, 22:02 PM
Patrion 14

My issues with replays I've made on maps, for footage, was trying to review them, after exporting the map again. Once the map is changed, any replays on previous versions will not work correctly, even if the changes are small. I imagine this is not your problem, but either way, that is my experience. For the best footage, I recommend Janne's Cheat Mod, and use a real time screen video capture program, like fraps, or overwolf. Cheat Mod will let you set up some real specific shots, with specific units...ect, and allow you to remove the UI for the capture, without having to learn the NIS process.

And thanks for the contributor status'.

i'm such a fool. that is exactly my problem. i was fixing the map as i was playing them. gah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks again.
14 Aug 2014, 13:37 PM
Patrion 14

(Jamaican accent) HEY MANNNNNNNNNNN~~~

I have reached a milestone in my works with the Relic's wordbuilder, thanks to all of you here.

The Eastern Front Map Pack

you are welcome to check it out and thanks to all of you.

especially you, Srinidhalya~~ your wife just got a stiff competition.
12 Sep 2014, 14:18 PM
Patrion 14

I Am BACK~~~~~~~

Ok, so i wanted to clean up my map files in one directory so i moved original map fiels into sub-directories i made. now i cannot update the map except by publishing again, not as in re-publishing.

can i fix this problem anyhow?
4 Oct 2014, 13:52 PM
Patrion 14

so i got a request to make a 6p version of one of my maps (which has a custom tactical map).

so i did and copied custom mm.tga files which i made to replicate relic's tactical maps changing the files names to correspond with the new 6p version.

but when i export the map and try it out, the tactical map is the default one and i cannot see my custom tac map in game... any ideas?
5 Oct 2014, 13:35 PM
Donator 11

Do you replace the default custom map mapname_mm.tga with the custom one, or do you add the mapname_mm_low.tga mapname_mm_preview.tga as your custom map image?

If you just replace the mapname_mm, then you need to replace it everytime you save the map. If not then im not sure whats the problem :(
6 Oct 2014, 19:35 PM

Make sure you save as 24bit.

If that isn't the issue, I think there are resolution sizes in the info and options file, that need to be set to the new map size (maybe). I think with the new terrain size, you will also need to re export the map file, and redo it, but you can most likely copy most of the elements from the original. You may not have to redo the resolution sizes in the files though, it has been a while since I changed map sizes.
7 Oct 2014, 03:44 AM
Patrion 14

thanks! i will try the suggestions.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment