Login

russian armor

help please~~~~~

19 Jul 2014, 23:58 PM
Patrion 14

http://www.coh2.org/topic/11026/interactivity-stage-tool

The Interactivity Stage Tool, is the button directly to the right of the territory tool. Set it to 50, and paint the edge around the map. This area will become the soft edge, where your map entry points should be located, but not starting locations...ect. Make sure the map entry points are inside the painted starting territory. You will not be able to command units into the stage 50 area, or move your camera into this area. This area is painted inside the initial "Playable Area", so when setting up your map, make it larger, enough to count for this soft edge.

thanks S. i guess that is how one can make hexagnal, or weird shaped maps.
20 Jul 2014, 22:41 PM
Patrion 14

is there anyways to make like a tunnel system where you can send units below it?

i am thinking about a wide trench system where there are planks in between to allow tanks to go over but also do not prohibits infantries from go below it.

and how do i load my custom atmosphere setting?
21 Jul 2014, 01:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2014, 22:41 PMpigsoup
is there anyways to make like a tunnel system where you can send units below it?

i am thinking about a wide trench system where there are planks in between to allow tanks to go over but also do not prohibits infantries from go below it.

and how do i load my custom atmosphere setting?

For some reason, the tunnel post didnt make it on the tutorials list.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/15366/tunnels-in-custom-maps/post/133415

As for custom atmosphere's, I don't think you can save, and then load the settings. There use to be a way, where if you held down SHIFT while hitting the load button in the atmosphere properties, it would go to a file directory. It was quickly disabled for some reason, and you are restricted to loading presets at the moment.
21 Jul 2014, 03:18 AM
Patrion 14

cool beans. thanks for the link
27 Jul 2014, 10:43 AM
Patrion 14

i would like to look at some forest map by relic via world builder to look at it more precisely so to speak. where are the official relic map files?
27 Jul 2014, 12:44 PM

http://www.coh2.org/topic/10593/worldbuilder-basic-information-by-relic

4. If they run the following command from their Steam install folder:
Archive.exe -a CoH2\Archives\MPScenarios.sga -e CoH2\Data
The archive tool will extract all our MP maps, which they can then load to figure out how we’ve done things.
28 Jul 2014, 11:18 AM
Patrion 14

thanks that helped a lot.

my new question is: some areas of the map is just blocked off i do not know why. it is a clear landscape with almost no deformation. and it is just inaccessible. i have not touched an impasse tool or what so ever. what can be a cause of this?
28 Jul 2014, 12:24 PM

Hard to say with little info. Maybe some screenshots? Have you refreshed the impass and pathfinding? Is the area red? If it was interactive stage 50, then it would have the map border line and would be fairly obvious. The only things that should cause inaccessibility is non playable area, interactive stage 50, painted impass, object impass, terrain impass (steep hills).
7 Aug 2014, 12:18 PM
Patrion 14

okay i ran something called "regenerate all pathfinding" thingy and there are red, yellow, and blue.

i guess blue means path-able and red is impassable. what is yellow?? and some of the yellow part is on like plain field, some of the parts where units can't path for some reason even if it's wide open.

the sgb file for those who wanna go the extra mile
or you can add me "cohbros/ piggi digs" and get the map via workshop. it's in "view friends only"

i really want to publish this map, my third, and make like a map pack of my three maps something like that. any help or suggestion would be nice.

7 Aug 2014, 12:32 PM

Ill check it out after work (8 hours or so), if my wife doesn't tie me down. :O
Worst case, Ill check it out tomorrow or this weekend.

There is one other possibility, but very unlikely. Did you place any objects in the field, like rocks or trees...ect, and use the height adjustment, and possibly dropped them below terrain? An object's impass footprint is constant, no matter what height.
7 Aug 2014, 14:38 PM
Patrion 14

thanks ill wait.

and no. i have nothing in these fields that has height-ed impassable objects.
7 Aug 2014, 22:17 PM

You need to include all the files inside the sgb folder, make a zip. All the script files must be included.

One thing I did notice, is the syntax of the file name will give you problems.
"Forest Intersection.sgb"
The space between Forest and Intersection should be replaced with _
"Forest_Intersection.sgb" <--- Should look like this
It also might be helpful to add how many players
"4p_Forest_Intersection.sgb"
The best rule of thumb, is copy the format the developers use for the official maps.

A simple save as with the new name should work fine. As for how it reads in game, use the name you desire in the scenario properties.
8 Aug 2014, 09:29 AM
Patrion 14

i think that may have done it. one more thing though. i have two versions of my map in the playlist in game.

so it confuses me. so i un subbed from my own maps and deleted the exported maps and re-exported.

but i still have two of them in my list. how do i get rid of them!?
8 Aug 2014, 09:58 AM
Patrion 14

actually it is still having pathing problems. frustrating!!
8 Aug 2014, 12:22 PM

I believe, you when subscribe to a map, it places an encrypted file in a user folder somewhere, I'm not sure where. When you unsubscribe, all you do is stop updating it. It still is there. You will have to find the file that the subscription created, and remove it. I've got you on steam now, so when I get on, and see your online, I'll send you a message.
9 Aug 2014, 00:45 AM

If I remember, exported maps go into My Games/Company of Heroes 2/Mods/Scenarios while subscribed maps get placed in Mods/Scenarios/subscriptions. Subscribed maps are given a set of numbers for names. I usually just match up the date modified to the one in the workshop to figure out which map is which.
9 Aug 2014, 02:56 AM

I tried to check your map but it just crashes when I open it. That said, the way the pathing tool works is as follows:
Red = Object is creating an impass or terrain slope is creating an impass
Yellow = Painted impass. Any impass that YOU painted on.
Blue = I've never seen blue. Unless you're talking about the interactivity stage border? Passable terrain should be clear.

What's probably happening is you have an object that is below the terrain that you aren't seeing. If an object is below or above the terrain it still creates an impass. Set your camera angle to look directly down overtop of an area where you think you should be able to pass, and click and drag with the object tool to select the area to see if it picks up on any objects you don't realize are there but hidden.
9 Aug 2014, 11:01 AM
Patrion 14

new file. here!. how do i delete painted impasse?

thanks for the replys ppl. in regards to the colour;i think it's green but my atmosphere setting is messing up the colour. anyway, i am sure there's nothing on the impassable places. i mean i did nothing there except tiles, tiles that i put in other places where i can pass through, and add grass.

well, i guess if it comes to the worst, ill try stamping but i hear it messes up a few things right?

9 Aug 2014, 12:23 PM

Had a look at your map and it is painted impass all over the place.
remove the painted impass by right-clicking using the "Impass Map Editor"()
9 Aug 2014, 22:21 PM
Patrion 14

yessar on it nao
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment