Login

russian armor

Why this game is almost balanced

15 Jun 2014, 00:44 AM

You're right, maybe Germans need to research T4 but not build it? It would be 160-170 fuel for Soviets depending on T1 or T2 and 160 fuel for Germans.

That way depending on situation German could decide to build T4 for 30 fuel and then have access to Panther, Brummbar etc. or call in a Tiger.

Perhaps you are forgetting that the soviets start with a considerable fuel advantage?
15 Jun 2014, 01:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2014, 00:44 AMJaigen
Perhaps you are forgetting that the soviets start with a considerable fuel advantage?

Which doesn't even really matter anyway.

Ostheer Starting Fuel: 20
Infanterie Kompanie: 10

Soviet Starting Fuel: 50
Special Rifle Command: 40
Support Weapon Kampaneya: 50
Molotov / AT Grenades: 50 (25 each, although nobody in the right mind would open with this combo)

Ostheer has 10 fuel left after building T1, Soviet only has 10 if they build T1, 0 if T2.
15 Jun 2014, 05:34 AM
Patrion 27

I think the M3 could use less armour or the MG 42 could use more penetration. In CoH1 if you tried to drive a jeep through an MG 42, it would get wrecked and you're down a unit. At least if the MG could wreck bad M3 play, it'd be more worth actually getting them anymore. You'd still be able to counter them with snipers (with M3 scouting) or flanking, since they're still highly immobile.

Dear God no! Equip any or all of the +10% exp, 10% faster reload or 3% armor penetration bulletins for the MG42 if you are facing a lot of M3 spam. If you see more than one M3 make a second MG42 (not a 221, Guards will own it) and you will melt your opponent's M3's in seconds with Incendiary Rounds (which are also brutal against suppressed infantry.)
15 Jun 2014, 05:57 AM

i think M3 needs a small armor nerf so it dies quicker to small arms fire. That's all i think that is wrong with it.

Maybe it can get it's old armor back when it hits vet 1 so its still useful later in the game.
15 Jun 2014, 06:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2014, 05:57 AMBurts
i think M3 needs a small armor nerf so it dies quicker to small arms fire. That's all i think that is wrong with it.

Maybe it can get it's old armor back when it hits vet 1 so its still useful later in the game.

Considerable. When an m3 is preoccupied with my grenadiers in cover, my flanking pioneers get behind the m3, and i even get
to faust it amidst the confusion, but the reward for flanking it is not high enough; the m3 survives, or somehow dies, but i lose an entire squad and the other retreats, the pasengers of the m3 are fine.
15 Jun 2014, 09:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge

By "bad play" I was referring to losing entire units, and spam tactics and strategies (i.e. abuse of the game). The former is not punished nearly hard enough, at least in my experience with the Soviets in 1v1 / 2v2. The latter is rewarded, again, in my experience with the Soviets in 1v1 / 2v2.

I must question your honesty if you're going to sit here and tell me that is the same good, fun, and balanced play we all know and love from vCoH.

And maybe if good play fails, it isn't being rewarded, like I said.

Well, I didn't play vCOH so I am not part of the "all"

It appears that what you really want is what was good play in vCOH to be good play on COH2.

That would be a valid complaint, but the fault is the game, not the people playing it wrong.

Or that you have a Platonic idea of what "good play" is and are frustrated that COH2 does not reward it.

That is analagous to playing Go as if it is Checkers and then complaining that it doesn't work

Good play is whatever works in acheiving your obective (winning, having fun, whatever)

Bad play is whatever doesn't
15 Jun 2014, 10:02 AM

Yeah, vCOH rewarded combined arms and punished you severly if you had bad micro and lost tons of units.

The soviet design is really bad as we all know it's all about spamming a few types of units, which is retarded to play with or against. Also losing units doesn't really matter to the soviet player which is retarded again. Once the WFA comes out I doubt we'll see any soviet player on the field.

BUT they have more insta-squad wipe and abuse units/abilities in-game in this patch than the Ostheer, which is the worst nightmare to have. :(
15 Jun 2014, 10:10 AM

Yeah, vCOH rewarded combined arms and punished you severly if you had bad micro and lost tons of units.

Say what?
Zombie gren blobs?
Infantry section+piat blobs?
PE PG shreck and stg44 blobs?
Rifle+airborne blobs?

On top of that bad micro was REWARDED with FREE SQUADS.
15 Jun 2014, 10:13 AM

The soviet design is really bad as we all know it's all about spamming a few types of units, which is retarded to play with or against. Also losing units doesn't really matter to the soviet player which is retarded again. Once the WFA comes out I doubt we'll see any soviet player on the field.

BUT they have more insta-squad wipe and abuse units/abilities in-game in this patch than the Ostheer, which is the worst nightmare to have. :(

Oh, i will still beast the Soviets because i love them. Along with OKW. US is so painful to play with i dont think i will even touch them.
15 Jun 2014, 10:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2014, 10:10 AMKatitof

Say what?
Zombie gren blobs?
Infantry section+piat blobs?
PE PG shreck and stg44 blobs?
Rifle+airborne blobs?

On top of that bad micro was REWARDED with FREE SQUADS.

Read again?
vCOH doesn't include Brits or PE.
15 Jun 2014, 10:30 AM

That still leaves 2 blobs that were persistent across whole games lifespan.
And I should add sniper spams as well to that as it was frequent occurrence as well.

Too much pink nostalgia glasses here, infantry combat in CoH1 in general was utter bullshit compared to what we have currently.

It was better then before weapon profiles and with old vet, but not after 2 recent patches.
15 Jun 2014, 10:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2014, 10:30 AMKatitof
That still leaves 2 blobs that were persistent across whole games lifespan.

Seems like you never reached lv 10 when players started micro their units.....
And there were ways to fight these blobs. In CoH2 you can loose like 2 squads and a weapon crew and you are just like "no worries, just build 10 new".
15 Jun 2014, 11:07 AM

Note that M3 play actually forcing Ostheer getting only Gren in T1 or being ass fucked.
15 Jun 2014, 11:08 AM

I like how these people still say that vcoh was all about combined arms and losing squads actually meant something.

Losing squads did not mean much for axis, at all, yes they were easier to lose , but you could easily replace them with medic bunkers for free.

COH 2 with the new weapon profiles is alot more fun and better in coh 1 in my opinion because there is less bullshit like snipers being almost bulletproof/snipers walking cloaked in open fields/ snipers randomly missing eachother/rangers being immune to suppresion/bars being the ultimate murder machines for cheap/KCH being unkillable and immune from snipers/zombie medic bunkers.

Also, losing tanks and units meant something in vcoh? Allied war machine, off map combat group, manpower blitz + stuh + tiger literally gave you tanks for no fuel.

Off map combat group was also PURE rng. It sometimes could decide games because you could get 2 tank destroyers for almost nothing or you could get a mortar..
15 Jun 2014, 11:12 AM

Stop comparing Vcoh and CoH2 the only thing they have in common is the title
15 Jun 2014, 11:38 AM

Katitof, you could easly kill the medics in vCOH, just had to focus fire on them, I had countless games where my opponent's medic bunker was just a resource sink for him. And oh yeah, don't feed med bunkers by fighting next to them

For the record in vCOH countersnipe system was working (bugged sometimes) and againts vet 2 grens your best choice is snipers combined with vet rifles or strafe.

About the Rifl + AB blob; just use hmgs, snipers, goliaths and barbed wire and the US player will bleed way too much MP as he will never be able to get past you, if not enough spam prop war or FTF, AB and Rangers were don't worth their cost in 1v1s.

Losing infantry squdas was more punishing, especially for the US because of their high upkeep cost.

Burts, I agree with you about the call-in issue, KCH and cloacking system in vCOH, but it was atleast limited and you had to spend tons of resources to have strong late-game armor dominance and you were punished for losing 2 KCH guys due to their high reinforcment cost.

Actually combined arms in vCOH was necessary unless you had some sorf of special BO. In Coh 2 we only see spam vs spam with call-ins.
15 Jun 2014, 11:40 AM

Porygon, let's hope M3a1s will get some sort of changes as they are way too spamable and a pain in the ass for the Ostheer.
15 Jun 2014, 12:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

*snip*

Very thoughtful, Vindi. Good stuff.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L