Login

russian armor

Game Idea.

9 Jun 2014, 20:05 PM

Hello,

There is an idea that I think might help with keeping the game "Intense" and not waiting forever for your infantry to catch up with your tanks in the middle of a battle. I realize that during World War two Armour units had to wait up anyway but here is just an idea that I thought I'd share.

I think it would be interesting if you were able to put Infantry units on tanks. You could allow space for one or maybe two infantry units. Have them sitting on the tanks and able to fire. Now to keep this from being really "Over powered" You could disable the tanks main turret until the infantry get off. If that isn't liked you could possible have a penalty for infantry who are on the tank when it does fire. Losing a bit of HP. You would also have infantry take heavy losses when the tank is hit by enemy Armour. It would be a risk/reward element. Infantry would have no cover but they would have the speed.

I think this could possible add a lot to game play, you'd be able to pull infantry in quickly with your tanks for support. This would add a lot to the blitzkrieg element, but it wouldn't just be for German factions; Russia and the up coming American forces could also use this to their advantage with mobility. In the war infantry sat on tanks all the time for rest and to get to the battle/location quicker. Then when it was time they would jump off in a hurry to let the tank engage a target freely.

Thank you for taking the time to read my idea, if you have any comments or ideas yourself feel free to share.

Thanks,

SS Panzer Division

7 Aug 2014, 14:12 PM

Maybe this is a post for the Gameplay Section of the CoH2 Foruns. The idea is not bad, but I think it's not that feasable. And, while on the tanks:

1) Would small arms fire directed at the tank affect the infantry? What cover would they have? None? Red? Would they shoot back? The movement of the tank would affect their accuracy?

2) A tank shoots another tank with troops on it - do the models suffer first? Share damage? That could lead to some gruesome play, like people attaching osttruppen or conscripts on the tanks on purpose to serve as literal meatshield.

Always a pleasure to contribute,

Pedro

Edit: typo
20 Sep 2014, 17:26 PM

1) Small arms fire would injure infantry as if they have red (negative) cover. Soldier might shoot back (same as from other vechicles) but would have less acucary while moving.

2) Same dmg as for the engineers repairing tank. No additional defense for tank.
20 Sep 2014, 21:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge

this is kinda the wrong section. this section is for forum related things there are coh2 subsections that fit the topic much better. ill see about having it moved or something anyways carry on. I know for a fact you're not the first to think about this or somthing like it. relic has even toyed with similar/related ideas in the past.
20 Sep 2014, 21:22 PM

I like this idea.
20 Sep 2014, 22:07 PM
Donator 22

I like it as well.

how many squads on a king tiger??:)
21 Sep 2014, 00:48 AM

Ive seen footage of them trying to implement this like cons on 34/85s but i guess it didnt work out
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★