Login

russian armor

Relic claims they solved console RTS...

raw
2 Jun 2014, 16:04 PM

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-02-company-of-heroes-dev-reckons-its-solved-the-rts-on-console-problem

I think there is something obvious to say here, but I can't quite get a grasp of it.
2 Jun 2014, 16:33 PM
Patrion 15

Something with touch controls could be interesting. I'm not familiar with the Wii-U but maybe a touch controlled mini map on the giant controller interface could give an added level of control. I can understand Relic wanting to get in on the console player base, but I have my doubts as to how much interest there would be for an RTS game on that platform.
2 Jun 2014, 16:44 PM

See R.U.S.E or others.

It`s just a fail on consoles.
2 Jun 2014, 16:49 PM

Marketing Ploy - and brilliant.

Talk about fixing a long standing, complex problem, don't tell them how, and plug your new upcoming release.

Brilliant.
2 Jun 2014, 16:53 PM

shouldn't they make it work properly for everybody who owns the game for cp first .
:rofl:
but nooooo if you ever have the chance to look these guys in the eyes look closely and you might see something like this

2 Jun 2014, 17:07 PM

Played halo wars for 3 months while my brother still plays it while i can say fairly that your apm is at a snail pace constant floating res terrible graphics no control grouping no a-move just move and you think coh2 and vcoh blobing was bad
2 Jun 2014, 18:47 PM

RUSE a fail con consoles? are u nuts? Ive enjoyed every second of it, the controls were good for an RTS on consoles.
raw
2 Jun 2014, 20:17 PM

2 Jun 2014, 23:22 PM

Solution is obvious: USB M&K for consoles. If they can have USB peripherals for Rock Band and Guitar Hero there is no reason a M&K can't be done.
3 Jun 2014, 09:49 AM

Solution is obvious: USB M&K for consoles. If they can have USB peripherals for Rock Band and Guitar Hero there is no reason a M&K can't be done.

I think I have a friend who actualy has done that.
6 Jun 2014, 03:28 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I bought RUSE for PS3... it was fun, but I feel the reason it never became super popular was just the style of game play. It's boring compared to CoH. I remember thinking RUSE's standard (strategy standard) AI was bad (they just spammed planes right away). I kinda liked it, it was an interesting concept.
But with the visuals with CoH 2 - or even better ones on a next gen console... on a 50" tv... my God.
It'd be amazing. Having a mouse and keyboard requirement may restrict sales slightly...but it would be the best way to go without changing much. It would make veteran CoH 2 players that also own consoles kick ass.
The best part about it being on next gen would be cross-play... War Thunder already has that ;)
6 Jun 2014, 04:31 AM

I've a 21" touch screen for my computer .... you still can't left or right click on touch. I've used it when showing someone the game while they are playing but it's not practical in the current setup.
8 Jul 2014, 01:20 AM

I already play CoH2 on my 50" TV.
15 Jul 2014, 21:11 PM

RTS games are the only reason i game on PC. other than that it would just collect dust.

and i been using a keyboard and mouse on ps3 since it came out. never really used it for anything but typing anyways.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★