Login

russian armor

Soviet Snipers? B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L

27 May 2014, 10:38 AM

This tactics concerns soviet snipers. For this you will need:
- A Scout sniper squad
- Any random squad

I use this tactic very early on in the game. Firstly I recruit conscripts and build the T1 building. I then send the conscripts forward to a victory point or the middle of the map, depending on the game mode. i then recruit the snipers for the hefty price of 300+ MP.
Here's where the tactic really begins, snipers are effective with almost all infantry types as a SUPPORT unit! I must emphasize that, snipers have pathetic none existent armor and the only protection they have is either the cover you put them in or the scout's spotter, armed with only a standard rifle. You CANNOT expect snipers to go out by themselves as an attacking force because you'll be lucky to get them back. The only exception to this rule is early on in the game to capture points behind your front line and sneak into enemy territory to harass.

Techniques:

- Snipers can assist conscripts win early game engagements with Grenadiers, even when armed with light MG42's
- Snipers can be very effective at picking off enemy units that are pinned by your Maxim's
- Snipers are very effective at picking off lone units (especially those that the enemy doesn't realize they have!)
- Snipers are good at stealing points off the enemy and cutting off supply however i would say that they must be supervised.
- Snipers can be put into a super clown car with a squad armed with a flame thrower to improve their effectiveness.

Just an obvious tip, your snipers sight range doesn't match their shooting range which is why if you have a squad ahead of them, your snipers while be able to shoot and be safe at the same time. They can fire and the enemy will not be able to see them because they are out of their sight range.

If your snipers are detected move them back and fire again, repeat this for however long you wish but retreat them as soon as they take damage and get medics to heal them. The cost for reinforcement is 90MP.

Word of warning, always keep an eye on your Snipers unless they're behind your front line, they don't normally say that they're being attacked and they die very quickly, one rifle grenade can easily kill both the sniper and the spotter, this is a major loss of resources early on in the game. Also soviet snipers are more likely to miss compared to that of the German snipers , beware of this. It also takes about 8-10 seconds for the sniper to fire again.
27 May 2014, 11:14 AM

I came here half expecting to see pictures of beautiful World War 2 Russian female snipers. :(
27 May 2014, 11:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2014, 11:14 AMKhan
I came here half expecting to see pictures of beautiful World War 2 Russian female snipers. :(

Haha. They may be beautiful, but they are deadly.
27 May 2014, 12:31 PM

... okay ... since you asked....

27 May 2014, 14:05 PM

... soviets snipers just wont die. German one dies 4x times faster. MVGame, should be looked at
3 Jun 2014, 21:56 PM

N.I.C.E :D
3 Jun 2014, 23:17 PM

5 Jun 2014, 04:51 AM

That picture is a Fake. There was a similar one made for Soviets at Kursk.

The Soviet sniper women in the game are pretty plain, and the partisan woman is flat out ugly...hah
13 Jun 2014, 10:28 AM

pretty obvious its fake just by the uniform or it could be just for propaganda purposes.

Standard issued summer uniform
27 Jun 2014, 16:39 PM

I'm loving the direction this thread has turned XD
28 Jun 2014, 11:07 AM

Jesus, two more years in the RKKA and these girls might look like Leonid Brezhnev.
And yes, the first picture is obviously not contemporary, among other things just look at the scope/mounts.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 29
Germany 262
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %