Login

russian armor

North side angoville as Wehrmacht

21 May 2014, 22:07 PM

I find the north spawn vs Americans on Angoville is really hard, I've tried VVSMG/VVMGS too weak for field presence, V MG V MG which is really hard to get munis for mine spam and is to easily flanked. The other things i've tried are right side FHQ in mid house north side ( which didn't fair to well vs noggano) since theres resources to far away. Lastly Kodachrome style 3 pio Sniper start which oddly enough worked as long as he didnt go jeep first.

any tips :/ <444>3

22 May 2014, 08:10 AM

You can try heavy t1 as : MG B V V MG V to T2
with which you'll have to play aggressive on the middle of the map, on the strat points. The idea is that you'll have to hold you fuel and to decap the us strat point or fuel.
if you don't decap your opponent, you go t2, if you decap you go t3
if your opponent go bars, you go vet 1 supp and inf.

or get a standard vvmgs, hold your 3 mains sectors and your 2 small ones (ammo and fuel) + 1 vp then when T2, get a ht and push on a counter attack.

or you can 4-5 volks spam with early vet1 and blitz nades to pumas to tiger.
22 May 2014, 08:17 AM

Permanently Banned
i would go 2 volks mg mg sniper medbunker sniper, then go as fast pak as you can.(bike is good too for pushing the enemy)(if enemy goes howitzer, go V1 or you can try kamikaze goliath, else i would go for stuh for fast baserape, or you can try med bunker spam, if the opponent doesnot spam snipers and went for air doc, 100 % he will lose)

Dont buy grens from t2, it will be free from med bunker. Spam mines.

and cap order is the same what Pepsi said.
22 May 2014, 10:10 AM

The best way to play Ango, period, is to play passively until you can make a killer push to the opposing cut-off. In that respect, playing from the north isn't all that different from the south, you just don't have any buildings to hide in.

The premise is the same though; personally I always go for a double volk opening then either M/S or S/M (if there is an early jeep push then go for an MG, if you're doing well and holding ground against the US flanks then get a sniper). Make sure that you put down a mine the moment you get your first 25 munitions. Just next to your left side cutoff is a good spot, or next to the high fuel. The gap in the hedge either in the middle of the map or at the gap between the hedge and your base are also good locations. Some players like to wire off those places- personally, I never did. I like freedom of movement and mobility, even if it means granting the same to my opponent.

Don't try to do too much too early- be comfortable holding just one or two sectors (against a very aggressive and skilled US player, he may be able to push you back to just your base and the high munitions to the left). Ideally, you want the two +16 munitions on the right, the fuel and your cutoff. You also want the +5 fuel and +10 munitions just to the right of your base. If you have all that, don't try and push any further while you're still in T1. Exersize some self control and hold firm until you can establish your opponent's tech path. If he holds back, use the opportunity to mine key locations.

You want T2 asap on Angoville, hence the short T1. Always get a grenadier first, unless you are 100% sure there is an M8 coming and you won't be able to build both a gren and a pak in time. Standard rules of reactionary tech apply; get vet + more grens against BARs or M8, move swiftly to T3 against snipers.

Normally around the 7-8 minute mark the US player will show his hand, either in a huge flank with BARs, healthy rifles (triage) and flamers. Repel the flank -> move to cutoff -> win. If he gets an M8 he will probably try to make a timing push to knock out your AT and hurt you badly. Once again, repel the flank -> move to the cutoff. If he gets snipers, don't try and camp the cutoff. You'll be placing yourself right next to his base where he can snipe you from a safe distance- cutting off his resources for 30 seconds isn't worth the manpower you'll lose doing so. Instead, against a sniper happy US player, get a fair few grens (whether you vet them or not is up to you- if BARs hit afterwards then you'll definitely want it, but if he goes for an M8/sniper composition then you can get away without it) and start mass capping the map. Cap the left and the right simultaneously. Because 1 gren > 1 rifle (sans BARS) and snipers take so long to build, he'll only be able to repel you in one location at a time. Continue to cap around him until you gain superior map control. Tech to something with wheels. Annihilate base.

Well, that was a fun 15 minutes of procrastination. I should probably get back to studying for my finals. Glhf.
22 May 2014, 15:55 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Damn dude... nice write up, also makes me miss vcoh and you guys!
22 May 2014, 16:24 PM
Donator 22

Tommy, supreme procrastination!
23 May 2014, 01:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2014, 10:10 AMTommy
The best way to play Ango, period, is to play passively until you can make a killer push to the opposing cut-off. In that respect, playing from the north isn't all that different from the south, you just don't have any buildings to hide in.

The premise is the same though; personally I always go for a double volk opening then either M/S or S/M (if there is an early jeep push then go for an MG, if you're doing well and holding ground against the US flanks then get a sniper). Make sure that you put down a mine the moment you get your first 25 munitions. Just next to your left side cutoff is a good spot, or next to the high fuel. The gap in the hedge either in the middle of the map or at the gap between the hedge and your base are also good locations. Some players like to wire off those places- personally, I never did. I like freedom of movement and mobility, even if it means granting the same to my opponent.

Don't try to do too much too early- be comfortable holding just one or two sectors

i dont like double volk opening becuase of the first rifle beats my volks since there is hardly an cover in the open field, and my pios just get raped charging rifles. Its really hard in my opinion to even get a mine with just a +16 ammo income. Another problem is the fuel denying. If i let him get left side and right side fuel he'll have a +32 fuel income. i'd be forced to go pak opening and since its an open field i find my paks getting flanked a lot :/. also the ammo income is emmese even if i do get my fuel, its even harder to get the ammo. which is like a +52 Another problem is the VPs. Normally VPs dont factor in that much but when your giving your opponent all 3 VPs its goes really fast.

but ill try it thx dude ! :)
23 May 2014, 07:47 AM

6 Volks vet 1 blitznade puma in all map :P
23 May 2014, 08:06 AM

mg volk mg volk mg .. mines + wire => t2
23 May 2014, 08:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2014, 01:12 AMmorten1

i dont like double volk opening becuase of the first rifle beats my volks since there is hardly an cover in the open field, and my pios just get raped charging rifles. Its really hard in my opinion to even get a mine with just a +16 ammo income. Another problem is the fuel denying. If i let him get left side and right side fuel he'll have a +32 fuel income. i'd be forced to go pak opening and since its an open field i find my paks getting flanked a lot :/. also the ammo income is emmese even if i do get my fuel, its even harder to get the ammo. which is like a +52 Another problem is the VPs. Normally VPs dont factor in that much but when your giving your opponent all 3 VPs its goes really fast.

but ill try it thx dude ! :)

Use the yellow cover in the bushes near the +16 fuel, or the green cover near your cutoff. My normally strategy is to use my pios to cap while the volks sit in cover and wait. When the rifles appear, you'll get a full volley off, normally trim about 10% off their health before they can retaliate, and they'll be forced away.

If he's pushing so hard as to get both the left and right hand side fuels, you should be bleeding him with a sniper and MG combination, the M8 shouldn't be too much of a pressing issue. If you go Pak first against a quick M8 you're completely f00ked if the M8 beats your Pak to the base. Better to get a gren and give him the run around until you can bring a shreck to bear, then get a Pak afterwards.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS