Login

russian armor

War Thunder, Ground Forces

17 Jun 2015, 07:51 AM

I enjoyed Ground Forces very much since it was better than World of Tanks in every aspect but once I found out that you could lower graphics in order to spot enemy tanks hidden in lush vegetation which was an important part of Simulation mode, I quit the game. The devs supported this nonsense and stated that they are proud of their engine and this is the way PROs play and is a valid method.
17 Jun 2015, 11:32 AM

I havent played WT much - still they have not fixed that? Such BS
17 Jun 2015, 12:00 PM

We bears do have a clan on WT whooop
17 Jun 2015, 12:18 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

We bears do have a clan on WT whooop

Can I of joinings?
19 Jun 2015, 05:26 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Rawr!

I believe Somenbjorn and Napalm are the custodians

I don't know if I can be in that and in a COH2-ORG group, can you be in more than one at a time?
19 Jun 2015, 10:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2015, 11:32 AMl4hti
I havent played WT much - still they have not fixed that? Such BS
The whole game is bullshit. It claims to be realistic, yet in "historic battles" you have King Tigers fighting IS-4s, T-50s and Pattons.

Even on lower levels you have T-34/76s fighting Panzer IIIs because that´s realistic. Yet Panther Gs fight T-44s, IS-3s and other stuff they never encountered. Me 262s fight Mig-15s, because when it narrows the chances of Mother Russia, suddenly an authentic timeline for the vehicles isn´t necessary. This leads to the funny fact that one of the fastest aircraft of WW2 effectively becomes the slowest and worst aircraft of its tier. The same applies to the Arado Jet bomber, which only has its speed to get away - yet is matched with aircraft about 400km/h faster than it, effectively "balancing" the aircraft out of the game. Oh, the game is made in Russia btw.
22 Jun 2015, 08:56 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I enjoyed Ground Forces very much since it was better than World of Tanks in every aspect but once I found out that you could lower graphics in order to spot enemy tanks hidden in lush vegetation which was an important part of Simulation mode, I quit the game. The devs supported this nonsense and stated that they are proud of their engine and this is the way PROs play and is a valid method.

seriously? That is like in CoD2, where you could see players in the bushes with bad graphics, but that time some pc's were not good enough to support full dx9.

I like world of tanks alot more, even tho the tanks movement was way more realistic in WT. WoT is just more competitive imo.
22 Jun 2015, 09:06 AM

Permanently Banned
I quit myself due to the low graphics warriors and the removal of the old Simulator mode, which has now been replaced by an event mode in which Gaijin decides what tanks you can play in Simulator mode. Haven't had the change to play my pershing in weeks now, but luckily the premium one is playable every other day or so:foreveralone:
22 Jun 2015, 09:09 AM
25 Jun 2015, 07:46 AM

I'm waiting for Armored Warfare now which looks like it's going to have a different progression system. Gameplay wise is a lot like WoT, it has that fast arcade-ish feel to it but looks fun anyway and fun is what matters in the end.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33
unknown 2
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak