Sherman Spam .....

11 May 2014, 09:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2014, 08:56 AMPorygon
I am quite happy when my opponent choosing this doctrine, because

- Dshk suck, very easy to blow this shit up
- no PTRS guards, so no motherfucking sniper, and my 222 can do something
- no shocks, KV-8, IS2, ISU
- Sherman is a joke when you have Pak and Stug

And how to blow up DshK's ?! German mortars take ages to actually make damage and Snipers don't hit shit in buildings ......

11 May 2014, 10:05 AM

If they really spammed Dshkas and your struggling with that, grab a mortar half track and incendiary them. Use spear head and you have yourself a tiger, support it with paks and grens and they will have a tough time.
11 May 2014, 12:23 PM

And how to blow up DshK's ?! German mortars take ages to actually make damage and Snipers don't hit shit in buildings ......

Few rifle nade can blow that thing to dust, not only the crew, and the MG itself.
11 May 2014, 12:24 PM

german mortars do not take ages to kill a dushka.
13 May 2014, 17:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 May 2014, 12:24 PMBurts
german mortars do not take ages to kill a dushka.

Pretty much true :D dat was just rage srry .....

German Grenade-Launchers dont make the wipe outs like the soviet 120mm mortar but you have to be patient and they will unleash death on enemy infantry shot by shot ......

I also think the "lightning war" doctrine is handy against Lend-Lease, G43's make Grens Allround-Killers and if you can hold with PaK's until Tigers arrive you pretty much won the game .....

Greetings
13 May 2014, 22:36 PM

Call-ins should be restricted, I think it's pretty dumb too :)

It's also weird that they decided to put the cooldown of the sherman call-in to 30 seconds, making it extremely spammable if you have the resources. And usually you do with the fuel drops + T2 stall strategy that everyone uses with this commander.
1 Jun 2014, 06:38 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I've seen this M4C sherman spam less now. Maybe it's because I've moved up a bit higher in the ladder (now about 900 something in 1v1). I found the Shermans incredibly frustrating, but it takes patience and focus.

I watched Cataclaw's stream today... he was going for a 5x Gren build.
I did the same thing and won 4 of my 7 games... first 3 I won in a row... the 5th and 6th I played late at night against the same person.

M4 spam is a lot like T34 spam, except vehicles and infantry are more prone to being fucked.
With 5 grens, there are fausts everywhere. tanks can't get too close, and an AT gun and/or Shreked PG as as stopgap before tiger works wonders.

I'm essentially playing how the soviet plays: spam a unit (maxim, sniper, or con), get one or two other units as support, then wait for heavy armor and inflict as many casualties as possible.
10 Jul 2014, 04:13 AM

are we talking about the us regular sherman, the 105mm sherman, the soviet sherman, or the sherman e8.

It sounds like the Op was talking about the rifle company with the E8 sherman.
10 Jul 2014, 05:14 AM

I don't have problems with the sherman spam, but that's of course because i'm fucking pro..

10 Jul 2014, 17:12 PM

10 Jul 2014, 18:29 PM

are we talking about the us regular sherman, the 105mm sherman, the soviet sherman, or the sherman e8.

Based on OP's 9CP comment and the other comments about the DshK I assume we're talking about Soviet call in M4C Shermans from the Lend Lease Tactics commander.

I don't really understand what the problem. Porygon and others have pointed to T2 Pak40 as the answer to Soviet medium armor and no one seems to be contradicting the idea – just ignoring it. Why on earth would one expect panzershreks to effectively counter medium tanks without an AT gun or tank destroyer helping?
11 Jul 2014, 15:21 PM

Wrote it as the Lend-Lease Commander just hit Coh2 .....

It was just new and chewed my PIV's up ...... so i had to cry ^^

But when you play 2 PaK+ Tiger a Sherman is just worth a tired laugh ;)

Haven't seen much E8s, and what i saw wasn't brilliant ....
12 Jul 2014, 12:52 PM

Permanently Banned
14 Jul 2014, 08:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge

(don't reveal the pro strat :s)

I would keep spamming fuel drops until the plane gets shot down and crashes on top of it
14 Jul 2014, 08:58 AM
Patrion 310

Try some Panzer IV... and normal Shermans are history. Besides why you don't deny your opponent the ressources?
28 Jul 2014, 08:36 AM

Shermans eatin PzIv's for supper (lol Sherman one of the worst tank constructions in RL).

While I do feel the doctrine is still slightly too strong, and I think Elite Rifles need a minor fuel cost to mirror the Wehr counter parts, it is utterly false to believe the M4 Sherman was an inferior tank to the PzIV.

The early 75mm Sherman had better, sloped armor, but a worse gun then the long barrel 75mm PzIV.

However, after the 76mm gun was included, it was for all intents and purposes a better tank then the PzIV.

Better suspension, speed, comparable if not better gun, and better armor.

Yes, you heard right: Better armor. 80mm of non sloped armor is crap, and that's what the Pz IV has.
29 Jul 2014, 02:54 AM

You should get a Pak.

Use a pak to support your stug and keep some pios nearby for repair and you should be fine. Teller mines also wouldn't be a bad option.
29 Jul 2014, 15:21 PM

While I do feel the doctrine is still slightly too strong, and I think Elite Rifles need a minor fuel cost to mirror the Wehr counter parts, it is utterly false to believe the M4 Sherman was an inferior tank to the PzIV.

The early 75mm Sherman had better, sloped armor, but a worse gun then the long barrel 75mm PzIV.

However, after the 76mm gun was included, it was for all intents and purposes a better tank then the PzIV.

Better suspension, speed, comparable if not better gun, and better armor.

Yes, you heard right: Better armor. 80mm of non sloped armor is crap, and that's what the Pz IV has.

Pff, still PIV is basically 1934 production. And was a high level tank from start to finish as medium armour. 80mm is still a thickness most allied AT-Weapons couldn't pen easily.

BTw: You know the Soviets actually took the lend-lease Sherman because of their incredible emergency situation. Most Soviet Tank Crews got very disappointed to fight with a Sherman than with a T34.
29 Jul 2014, 21:18 PM

Pff, still PIV is basically 1934 production. And was a high level tank from start to finish as medium armour. 80mm is still a thickness most allied AT-Weapons couldn't pen easily.

BTw: You know the Soviets actually took the lend-lease Sherman because of their incredible emergency situation. Most Soviet Tank Crews got very disappointed to fight with a Sherman than with a T34.

Eh, on the contrary. The Sherman was mostly in use with Guard formations and proved very popular, not in the least because its crew ergonomics were greatly superior to those of the T 34.
1 Aug 2014, 12:51 PM

The best way is to get 1/2 P4s, a pak and then a tiger ace.

P4s have great AI, and you shouldn't aim to totally destroy their shermans. Fend off abit and gain vet. When they reach vet 2/3 they are really effective.

Saving for a tiger and paks is more risky.

2 panzer 4s (dominate the field with these between 12-20 mins) to a tiger ace is also good against Soviets who save up specifically for multiple is2s or ISU. When a ISU or is2 pops out at 20 mins, you should wait for a tiger ace.

A standard tiger isn't great against heavy tanks, and panthers are too late/expensive to get for any meaningful impact in the game against any faction.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★