Login

russian armor

Sherman Spam .....

3 May 2014, 16:57 PM

Hey ho ....

After the latest patch I have the issue to get overrun after CP9 by several Shermans ..... at this moment i often only have PIV or StuG's who get eaten by the Shermans ....

PaK's are an Option but it's impossible to secure points much away from the base without high concentration .... and even if you got the fuel point the enemy can call in some fuel several times ..... (I mean this doctrin simply dont care much about map control)

Btw:Shreks are nerfed? Or why they all dyin like flies after the patch?

Greets
3 May 2014, 17:06 PM

Pgrens armor gone from 1.2 to 1 thats why they are dying like flies
3 May 2014, 17:51 PM

I don't have problems with the sherman spam, but that's of course because i'm fucking pro..
3 May 2014, 18:11 PM

Shermans are pretty strong. Have you tried a pak43 commander? Since the last patch, I like to play joint operations commander when I play OST. The sherman commander has no arty. That is his weakpoint. Your opponent will have a hard time to knock out a well positioned pak43 without arty. Of course you still need P IV near the pak to protect it.
3 May 2014, 18:34 PM

Shermans are pretty strong. Have you tried a pak43 commander? Since the last patch, I like to play joint operations commander when I play OST. The sherman commander has no arty. That is his weakpoint. Your opponent will have a hard time to knock out a well positioned pak43 without arty. Of course you still need P IV near the pak to protect it.

(don't reveal the pro strat :s)
3 May 2014, 19:34 PM

Sounds interesting .... i'll try it ...
4 May 2014, 06:46 AM
Donator 22

Sounds interesting .... i'll try it ...

yeah and try to place your pak behind buildings/bushes and get an ostwind/P IV
5 May 2014, 09:54 AM
Donator 11

Well, StuGs are still pretty nice as main AT and with a descent micro they can handle nearly everything even such things like a Sherman-Spam
5 May 2014, 16:02 PM

Well, StuGs are still pretty nice as main AT and with a descent micro they can handle nearly everything even such things like a Sherman-Spam

Ye heard of it ..... my problem is that i'm an absolutly StuG (I know "the Wunderwaffe" atm) noob ..... against T34 it still works but rushing Shermans are a number to big ...

Pak 43's indeed works pretty good ...... thought they were more expensive .... :D

Btw: An Ostwind is able to shot down the fuel planes?
5 May 2014, 16:17 PM

Even scout cars laugh at the fuel planes. Ostwinds just sneeze at them.
5 May 2014, 16:19 PM

stugs stugs stug stugs. Altho this is more a defensive counter with gren support stugs work nicely. Make sure to get atleast 2.
6 May 2014, 13:50 PM

The Pak43 is great for breaking the tank swarm. Urban maps like City 17 seem to be where it thrives. Got an IS-2 and at least 3 T-34s with just one gun. If you can get it in a good position, then most assaults with armor will break on it like water on a rock. Keep a PIV as well as an Mg and baby Pak next to it (to deal with decoys that are running down your flank).
6 May 2014, 18:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2014, 16:19 PMBurts
stugs stugs stug stugs. Altho this is more a defensive counter with gren support stugs work nicely. Make sure to get atleast 2.

I did a StuG tactic and i'm still amazed how devastating 2 StuGs with "Target Weakpoint" are o.O

With scope they're a bit like Su85's and that for 230 MP and 80 Fuel!!! Amazing!
7 May 2014, 05:00 AM

That's pretty simple, you don't even need the Pak43.

When you see Dshk and Guards in early game, it is quite sure that they will rely on T34 85 or Sherman callin without T3 or T4 invested, unless they are idiot.

You don't need AT in early game, invest more in anti inf and get two Pak40 at 7-8 CP, park them at your most likely vital area and stick some Grens and StuG (or Stugie) to the Pak, those callin tank will die like flies.

It was like 3 shot from Pak can knock out a Sherman.
7 May 2014, 07:58 AM

I hate this Sherman spam...
7 May 2014, 08:03 AM

I hate this Sherman spam...

Call-ins should be restricted, I think it's pretty dumb too :)
10 May 2014, 13:16 PM

Anyone getting owned by sherman spam, you already lost the game to allow them to get multiple out that easy.

Ive has several very close games where the german has P4 out before I can call a Sherman (because of CPs), and he gets good damage done with it, Its very difficult to keep a sherman alive when its on the back foot from paks and P4.

I can only imagine having two shermans to overwhelm the enemy if Ive already got the beaten early game.
10 May 2014, 15:57 PM

In general this patch, I go for a tiger doctrine which at 11 cps spanks most soviet units, bar the ISU. You can usually tell an opponent's doctrine before 9 cps, so if you feel call in tanks are on the way, simply start to prepare for that with a teller+pak, shreks/pak or even two paks and keep a gren squad close to faust so you don't get circle jerked.

A good opponent generally speaking won't let you kill the shermans with those options, but you should be able to hold until the tiger.

If they are using the call in fuel for muni ability, it means less mines, which is a good thing for you.

All imo of course.

Edit: And i'm pretty sure with good positioning, German t3 should be able to match Shermans if you support it properly.
10 May 2014, 18:59 PM

It's not funny anymore ..... every n00b is playing with this doctrine now and it's just too damn strong.

M3's at the beginning, DshKs in every House Su 85's covering the points ..... and then soo many Shermans eatin PzIv's for supper (lol Sherman one of the worst tank constructions in RL). And if you still got the Fuel advantage, they'll simply get fuel for ammunition (Braindead Relic?!)^^

PGrens are an absolute joke after the latest patch, in earlier times they were actually feared ..... I'm now on ladder 7000 ^^. I was on 2900 before this cursed update .......

Most replays I saw about winning Germans theese day, was about dominating Soviets in the early prbly fell asleep later -.- .....

Srry for the rage, but I think this doctrine is actually a joke (I played it myself and yes, first dig in and rush after 9 CP with Shermans is fun, but not balance.)
11 May 2014, 08:56 AM

I am quite happy when my opponent choosing this doctrine, because

- Dshk suck, very easy to blow this shit up
- no PTRS guards, so no motherfucking sniper, and my 222 can do something
- no shocks, KV-8, IS2, ISU
- Sherman is a joke when you have Pak and Stug
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 61
Russian Federation 43

Ladders Top 10

• #