Login

russian armor

Tank Call In Fuel Cost

24 Apr 2014, 05:34 AM

Now that the Tech'ing to T3 and T4 fuel cost has been increased I see an issue with armor call ins that I feel was much milder before.

that is, the amount of fuel a player can save by not tech'ing and relying on call in armor. I just had a quite cut throat game in which I had a slight fuel advantage as a German and was all happy about bringing in my P4 on time (since I got half-track I expected him to have something armor before me). Only to realize that my opponent just got IS-2! WHOA!

Now this is an extreme situation, rarely the games are so volatile to give a player enough CP to bring IS-2 so early. But I find that this is a very common scenario with t34/85's. often when I am ahead in fuel soviet player can bring out 2 t34/85's while I just squeezed out my first P4.

In the latest patch notes a phrase something like 'the risk of saving up for heavy armor' stuck to my brain... as it stand one does not to save up really, just get enough CP

What are your thoughts?
24 Apr 2014, 15:44 PM

The patch just released, I am excited to try new stuff, but both commanders got commanders that look like (I have not tried them yet) like they have solid fuel uses and thus can avoid going T3 T4. As it stand commanders are replacing core units instead of giving more options
25 Apr 2014, 20:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2014, 15:44 PMstichy
The patch just released, I am excited to try new stuff, but both commanders got commanders that look like (I have not tried them yet) like they have solid fuel uses and thus can avoid going T3 T4. As it stand commanders are replacing core units instead of giving more options

Actually, was the pIV moved to tier 4 now that both StuG and Ostwind are AI in t3 now? Just asking...
26 Apr 2014, 04:02 AM
Senior Editor Badge

It is extremely frustrating when this happens... even if the fuel race is about equal, it seems the Soviets just skip building a T3 or T4 and opt for the T34s... I played a game where I had the enemy almost pinned to their base when an isu comes out, wipes 3 squads in 5 minutes.
If you're German and happen to be losing the fuel race, a KV-8 could come out (only 135 fuel?) and your PaK guns are just BBQ'd...
It's just frustrating when the some big tank comes out and wins the game for them... especially when their inf. micro is bad.
I don't mean to sound like I'm ranting; I'm just tired.
sometimes CoH2 can be real frustrating.
6 May 2014, 13:51 PM

Try playing soviet and using only call ins. It can be very powerful, but it certainly can lose you games also.

You need to learn the weakness of soviets mid game while they wait, and capitalise on it. Push them back enough and the call ins come too late.

Building T3 and T34 comes much much earlier 9/10 times.

If they go straight to KV8 they zero armour AT, only ZiS.. use this. It can be tricky overcomming a KV8, but they are slow and ZiS are slow.

I much prefer going T3 as soviets, and maybe calling a heavy later on.
6 May 2014, 13:59 PM

going in calls ins is a fine strategy, it can work.
But it will leave you very unversatile in certain departments.
6 May 2014, 20:37 PM

You need to learn the weakness of soviets mid game while they wait, and capitalise on it. Push them back enough and the call ins come too late.

This is the biggest weakness of many team matches with the Germanns. Many people are too content to just hole up after their initial assault is victorious, in the mean time the Soviets are building multiple tanks. If you can get aggressive in the mid game you tend to win against the Soviets before they can call in many tanks. You may not have a positive KDR but you can usually be the one who breaks the enemey's back.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★