Login

russian armor

good bulletins rework idea

23 Apr 2014, 17:55 PM

HI CoH players, i was thinking about the bulletins yesterday, as i remembered all those bad things i dont like about coh2 and why i quit the game, and i had this idea which is aimed at solving many issues of the game.

So, my idea is, bulletins are "Armies" now. Instead of buffing units with a silly +3% X attribute they can give upto +10% but increasing the price of the unit and making it "Elite". I will explaing you how this works with an example: The bulletin "Commando Style" that gives +3% accuracy to
panzergrenadiers is now called "PanzerGrenadier Division Großdeutschland". The effect it does into the game, when you equip it in the army customize, is give you access to an Elite Panzergren squad, a clone. It doesnt replace the normal pgren, it is not a call-in, it can be build from anywhere, maybe tier 2(under the pgren icon), maybe even a new tier5 building, or any other idea.

So, how this improves the game?

-Bulletins are bad design they are only there to make the kids want to level up and unlock stuff, and they make you believe you can differentiate yourself from the rest of players "personalizing" your loadout but isnt true, those low bonuses dont affect the game and its almost mandatory to have them on infantry. So this change brings real gameplay personalization, that will really affect the game(by paying some extra MP/ fuel for units of course)
-Real army personalization, with even historical names for your squads.
-It brings something nice into the game, people who love history always want nations like Italy, Finland, Serbia, France, etc, coming into coh, but is impossible to add them as factions, they would be so weak, so this rework can bring those, spanish Divisions, finnish Divisions that fought for germany into the game as "Armies".
-Maybe also gives some use to all those tier buildings free slots.

But there is more, all the bulletins that affect commander call-ins(except Heavy tanks), like the ones for assgren or guard rifles, can be converted too, they would give you access to those units(not an elite version, just the normal version).I know it might sound too strong to get assgrens or t3485 anytime you want regardless of your commander choice, but by doing that you are losing an army slot( you only get 3 or so), so if you equip assgrens you could be losing elite panzergrenadiers for example.

how this improves the game:
-Makes the game more dynamic (more unit choices for you and your opponent = more desicion making = more strategy ). All those commander call-ins should be
into the game regardless of commander choice, seriously, game is just limiting itself.
-not necessarily breaks the game, heavy call-in commanders like mechanized assault wont die, because by choosing them
you no longer have to equip those call-in and therefore you can have more Elite Armies options and have some advantage
over your enemy

So, what do you think? many fixes, many improves, with one little change. And please forgive the bad english.
23 Apr 2014, 18:01 PM

I'd rather have the current pretty much meaningless bulletin system than the balance quagmire of having them give huge bonuses to units while changing their cost.
23 Apr 2014, 18:08 PM
Patrion 27

Interesting proposal with lots of room for imbalance. While I would like to see bulletins looked at again(they were heavily changed in a patch) this shouldn't be even close to top of the priority list.

That being said, there are a few near useless bulletins now like

Dont Step on the Grass:Teller Mines and mine fields cost 3% less munitions

Never Make an Engineer Mad:Combat Engineer rifles Cooldown 5% faster between shots

Bigger is Better: 120mm mortar dispatch recharges 10% faster

Heavy Tank Production I: Tiger and Elefant dispatch abilities recharge 10% faster

Any elite infantry gain 3% accuracy bulletins...

TL: DR My quick-fix proposal? Change all of the crap bulletins to "Gain 10% more experience." This bulletin is always useful IMO and would be especially nice for Combat Engineers and Pioneers since they repair so much more effectively with veterancy II and III.

On an unrelated (somehow related in my mind) note, why aren't there any sergeant upgrades in COH like DOWII? Adds +1 model to a unit that is tough and increases dps a bit for late game staying power.
23 Apr 2014, 18:16 PM

Bigger is Better: 120mm mortar dispatch recharges 10% faster

lol that one is really bad, it even promotes unit spam
23 Apr 2014, 18:44 PM

Good changes, waited for it. :)

Cata's strat with T1 scout flamer cars later supported by Guard Motor Doctrine seems to be more powerful than it was.

OMG! I don't want to see a vet 3 SU-85, it will fire more faster than before! o.O
23 Apr 2014, 19:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Reworking bulletins is the last step COH2 needs to achieve once game balance is somehow achieved.

I think it might be a bit too late.
23 Apr 2014, 19:16 PM

the new units will come anyway, more commanders and an expansion is coming, you have to get used to the idea that the game will change again
23 Apr 2014, 19:23 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2014, 19:16 PMatwar
the new units will come anyway, more commanders and an expansion is coming, you have to get used to the idea that the game will change again

I'm not sure you're in the right thread... Are you responding to something else?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★