Login

russian armor

April 24th Patch Notes Discussion

PAGES (17)down
25 Apr 2014, 03:37 AM

Granted. I just find, however, that you basically can't afford to lose any guys. When you do, you have to either retreat, reinforce in the field (if you have a bunker, HT), or lose them all. To avoid this, as I said, it seems that you have to either have awesome micro, or constantly run reccy flights ahead of your advance.
25 Apr 2014, 03:39 AM

That being said, I'm glad rifle grenade is finally worthwhile.
25 Apr 2014, 05:20 AM

T-34/76 is finally pretty good...

The T-34/Sherman is now similar to the Panzer IV, and the IS-2 is now similar to the tiger.
25 Apr 2014, 05:30 AM

Frankly, my first question when i saw the patch notes was 'How the hell is the t70 worth 70 fuel?'

After playing a couple o matches, though, i've found it extremely useful - much to my surprise. It seemes to have much higher long-range proficiency than before, that allows to properly kite grens and do tons o damage. Or is it just my perception? What do you think of the t70's place in the new meta guys?

On an unrelated note, the m3 feels more tough and generally reliable, doesn't it? I've been using an opening like this: conscripts-t1-penal-m3-penal-con - with some degree of success; mostly due to the surprising long-range offensive power of penal squad in m3.

I'm yet to play a couple of games for the Germans to make my mind about the patch, but for now I'm loving it :D Certainly better than the last one, lol :)
25 Apr 2014, 05:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2014, 17:23 PMKatitof

Looks like we have a soviet version of wiking and heini here...

Thou I can agree with DSHK still being bad.

Oh, you're too shy... Don't forget to mention your nickname too.
25 Apr 2014, 05:50 AM

It's quite obvious that you were some of the people defending last patch's balance which is ridicolous. So you shouldn't be mad now because people call you a fanboy ;) Your player card also has been posted and you clearly played german only. It's interesting how a person playing only one faction makes comments about balance and calling everyone else a "sovjet fanboy" lol.

To everyone else: Of course it's good to discuss the patch but in dis forum there are so many theoreticians instant qqing about new patch without even played it lulz

It's quite obvoius you're talking bullshit.
People making comments about other playercards they should post theirs first. What it's interesting, it's how "haters" like you are trying to throw dirt into the others just for fun. Playing only one faction it's a stupid thing for you to say about me. The correct statement would be "playing more with germans than with soviet".
Obviously you didn't read but the posts that suited you in order to call me a fanboy. You didn't read my posts saying about german small arms dps decrease or those in which I stated that german faction feels OP.

As a conclusion, you're just a soviet fanboy full of shit whose only reason to be on this forum is to call other players fanboys. Good luck with that, go sing at another table.
25 Apr 2014, 05:59 AM

Everybody, any thoughts about the 2 new doctrines? Didn't try them yet.
25 Apr 2014, 06:34 AM

The new Soviet doctrine is one of the best doctrines. The German one is so-so. Everything in the soviet one is good. Even the M5 can be useful (half PPSH, Half SVT guards inside) for ~ 500 MP 30 fuel.

As for the German one, only 2 things are good. The Ostruppen reserve is neat: for 500 MP you get 2 ostruppen vetted (randomly). One squad has the LMG 42 and they have panzerfausts. Quick capture and smoke have their uses.
25 Apr 2014, 06:39 AM
Honorary Member Badge

quick capture with osturpen sound fun :D
25 Apr 2014, 06:39 AM

Everybody, any thoughts about the 2 new doctrines? Didn't try them yet.

The lend lease is really useful, but you have to go tier 2 to get yourself infantry AT. It is wise to go tier 4 and build an su-85, but you will not have AT before then if you go tier 1, unless you invest in cons with AT grenades to make use of conscript repair. The fuel for munitions is more useful than one thinks, as you will find yourself with a big pile of munitions that can only be used on topgunners and quadmount. The plane dies 4/5 times, which isnt that bad. Call in half track is useful, and very affordable. It bypasses tier 3, and you also get guards with a few ppsh's, a good ai infantry squad with their infamous wiping grenade. Conscript repair is convenient... the dshk is there when you want an mg at an exact moment. It is better than nothing. Ther shermans are impressive, but not too cheap. 380 mp and 135 fuel. Not too spammable. However, they are really speedy. Their armor and health is similar to the t34, and as people say, it is squishy. It doesnt soak up too much damage. It has great ai with top gunner, and there is one distinct feature about it... the time between shots is insane. Super fast reloads. It has reliable pen and damage, and at vet 3, no other medium tank can top it. (Regardless of what people say about the pzIV, i have taken note it still does very well in medium tank battles. It has great armor and AT, and it still has some AI.) To sum it up, it is a unique commander with great use.

I dont think the german commander is that great imo. You can buy fast capping for a short period of time for a small price. Panzer technician is as useful as it always have been. The 500 mp ostruppen is meh. You have a chance of spawning ostruppen with lmg's (and vet, which the title hints, but i havent seen it yet). I guess it is instant capping and cannon fodder at your disposal, as their capping speed is now 1, thankfully. Unfortunately, when i used it, it spawned two squads of regular ostruppen, so i was disappointed. I guess its just something new. The puma... is good in the right hands. However, i think it comes too late, and costs a bit much. It is not immune to small arms, the same as it was in vCoH. It has some AI, but isnt the best. Infantry with any AT weaponry (like PTRS, AP rounds, AT grenades
) will shred it up. It is good at destroying light vehicles, and two will destroy a t34 real fast. It has good AT, but more importantly, it does big damage to vehicles. Once real AT weaponry and heavier tanks roll in, it becomes obsolete. Might as well have gotten a PZIV. Command tank is as useful as it always has been.
25 Apr 2014, 07:02 AM

The lend lease is really useful, but you have to go tier 2 to get yourself infantry AT. It is wise to go tier 4 and build an su-85, but you will not have AT before then if you go tier 1, unless you invest in cons with AT grenades to make use of conscript repair. The fuel for munitions is more useful than one thinks, as you will find yourself with a big pile of munitions that can only be used on topgunners and quadmount. The plane dies 4/5 times, which isnt that bad. Call in half track is useful, and very affordable. It bypasses tier 3, and you also get guards with a few ppsh's, a good ai infantry squad with their infamous wiping grenade. Conscript repair is convenient... the dshk is there when you want an mg at an exact moment. It is better than nothing. Ther shermans are impressive, but not too cheap. 380 mp and 135 fuel. Not too spammable. However, they are really speedy. Their armor and health is similar to the t34, and as people say, it is squishy. It doesnt soak up too much damage. It has great ai with top gunner, and there is one distinct feature about it... the time between shots is insane. Super fast reloads. It has reliable pen and damage, and at vet 3, no other medium tank can top it. (Regardless of what people say about the pzIV, i have taken note it still does very well in medium tank battles. It has great armor and AT, and it still has some AI.) To sum it up, it is a unique commander with great use.

I dont think the german commander is that great imo. You can buy fast capping for a short period of time for a small price. Panzer technician is as useful as it always have been. The 500 mp ostruppen is meh. You have a chance of spawning ostruppen with lmg's (and vet, which the title hints, but i havent seen it yet). I guess it is instant capping and cannon fodder at your disposal, as their capping speed is now 1, thankfully. Unfortunately, when i used it, it spawned two squads of regular ostruppen, so i was disappointed. I guess its just something new. The puma... is good in the right hands. However, i think it comes too late, and costs a bit much. It is not immune to small arms, the same as it was in vCoH. It has some AI, but isnt the best. Infantry with any AT weaponry (like PTRS, AP rounds, PTRS) will shred it up. It is good at destroying light vehicles, and two will destroy a t34 real fast. It has good AT, but more importantly, it does big damage to vehicles. Once real AT weaponry and heavier tanks roll in, it becomes obsolete. Might as well have gotten a PZIV. Command tank is as useful as it always has been.

Aham. Thanks. I'm verry curious to test the shermann. Indeed, the soviet doc looks better. I played a little last evening (couldn't abstain) and I have to say I like what they did with vehicles. I like the new T34/76 and I like how they changed the panther - feels like much better control and speed.
About balance, it's to early to say something but they sure get rid of OP pios. Grenadiers feels a little soft though.
25 Apr 2014, 07:27 AM

After this patch game has become more balanced in team games 3 vs 3 +. Rising fuel cost for panters reduces panter's flow at the late stage in some respect.

Now playing as Germans you need to rely upon your skill rather than on hordes of panters and PIVs

Thanks Relic for your job
25 Apr 2014, 07:41 AM

Aham. Thanks. I'm verry curious to test the shermann. Indeed, the soviet doc looks better. I played a little last evening (couldn't abstain) and I have to say I like what they did with vehicles. I like the new T34/76 and I like how they change.the panther - feels like much better control and speed.
About balance, it's to early to say something but they sure get rid of OP pios. Grenadiers feels a little soft though.

Soviet tanks now feel like tanks instead of guns shooting rubber shells with tin protecting it. T34 performs like a medium, but is still weaker than the average german armor. The panther feels right as it is a deadly somewhat long range tank. Seeing it attack your tanks at the corner of your vision forces you to pull back. It is pretty serious AT, and its mobility is fair. The new fuel price looks very questionable... but if you know what you are doing, then it will pay for itself. It used to be an all in one tank, but now it has a more defined role as an AT hunter from afar that can easily relocate. No soviet medium can fight against a well managed panther, and the ZiS and the su-85 are the only stock units that usually scratch it. Still gotta watch out for those AT grenades. I always get annoyed at miracle fausts, but i usually remind myself that AT nades are also the bane of german vehicles.

Pios are balanced, at least that is what i think. :) They are still good assault troops when catching conscripts and the likes off guard, usually when they go head to head in a short amount of time, or when soviets are suppressed, and the pioneers can eat them when they are defenceless. Conscripts vs pioneers at short range is now considerably fair. Pioneers have damage potential where they did not have before, but their mp40s can only help them so much. No more pio spam. CE are dirt cheap, so no more complaining about cost effectiveness compared to pioneers.

Grenadiers also feel smushy to me. As well as panzergrenadiers, as now they have the same health and armor. Grenadiers do fight well at long range still, but the effective range of conscript rifles has been increased, so they now stand a chance. LMG grenadiers are still very good, but balanced. Players have to remind themselves for which range they should keep their grenadiers at. I dont think panzergrenadiers needed an armor decrease...

German T3 feels a bit weird. Stugs are cheaper, and are now, indeed, assault guns. They still can combat tanks, and combat infantry better. However, they arent really meant to hold out long against damage. They need support, actually, they need to be supporting SOMETHING. Ostwind... eh... Good AI, but armor... Panzer IV feels like the only real tank in T3. It actually is the only real tank there. Most things about it is good, except it has huge pointless scatter. If it was slighlty less, than many complaints about it will be dropped. Tier 4 amazingly smoothly fills in any holes of the German army, providing support when needed.

Obviously, all i want to do is play Soviets these early days, but i need to keep an eye on the German faction. They need some glue patched in places that are a bit too iffy. Soviets are fine, just Germans need fine tuning so the more expensive Germans indeed have better weapons. Some places feel... lacking. That and i may need to adjust to new Germans, but i think it is agreeable that small fixes are in order.

Blitz is weird...

IS-2 feels VERY weird. It is practically the old german panther, except its gun destroys squads and is a little bit innacurrate. It combats tanks VERY well. (T3 has very little chance against it) but its combat against a panther is balanced.
But its higher RoF feels just too weird...

That is my honest deduction of the patch. Soviets are amazing, germans need some monitoring to ensure that they are working properly.
25 Apr 2014, 07:49 AM

Pgrens don't need to get close, their damage is good at all ranges, the sweet spot is 15 range which is approximately the Molotov throw range. It's also worth to bear in mind that pgrens at about 25-30 range also do more damage than a vanilla grenadier squad at the same range.

Pgren's fire on the move accuracy is also not as good as it once was. So they aren't as effective at running up to squads and melting them like in the patch before the small arms change.

Based on a very small sample size I can say PGrens lose against unupgradded vet1 cons, both units without cover, cons standed still, my Pgrens run into range 15. Seems odd for the MP and intended role... -_-
25 Apr 2014, 08:02 AM

played another game right now
Wow this game is pretty cool now and soviets are not so pain to play
good job relic
25 Apr 2014, 08:23 AM

played another game right now
Wow this game is pretty cool now and soviets are not so pain to play
good job relic

WTF is wrong with you? I hope that was sarcastic!!!!!

You are losing your touch Mr.
25 Apr 2014, 08:26 AM

Oh shit, the StuG G got hit pretty hard. No wonder I couldn't use them so effectively earlier, I didn't read the patch notes and was still trying to use it as a Tank Destroyer rather than.. whatever it's supposed to be now?
25 Apr 2014, 08:29 AM

Permanently Banned

Based on a very small sample size I can say PGrens lose against unupgradded vet1 cons, both units without cover, cons standed still, my Pgrens run into range 15. Seems odd for the MP and intended role... -_-

No. You just need to use cover as a german play now and adapt to the new conditions :)
25 Apr 2014, 08:30 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Oh shit, the StuG G got hit pretty hard. No wonder I couldn't use them so effectively earlier, I didn't read the patch notes and was still trying to use it as a Tank Destroyer rather than.. whatever it's supposed to be now?

they are a inf/at weapon they do alittle bit of both now.
25 Apr 2014, 08:31 AM

Actually the StugIII G has the same damage output against tanks as before, and costs less. Only it defense got nerfed.

On the other hand the T34 got more armor... hm.

But overall the StugIII should be as good as ever if you use it in a position where no one shoots at it, aka with a P4.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS