Login

russian armor

4v4 opening build strats

23 Apr 2014, 13:42 PM

How do those of you who do 4v4 do for opening build order? I've always done Gren, Mg, Gren, Mortar, T2 or Mg, Gren, Mg, Mortar T2. I tried ass. grens for a bit,but they seemed like a glass cannon that cost too much in the beginning.
23 Apr 2014, 14:10 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Depends on the map and where you start

Also depends if you are in a team game or random
23 Apr 2014, 14:42 PM

Ass-grens are fantastic early if you get them in close, my strategy has always been to try to coordinate with my teammates and build what they're not building. But here lately I have been building pio-pio-pio-mgbunker-pio then teching asap for pgrens. An early flamer clown car gives me issues from time to to time but if you can swarm the m3 with 3 or so pio squads it won't last long. Also, it's helpful if I can get a teammate to send an mg42 my way early to fill the gaps.
23 Apr 2014, 19:01 PM

Usually gren, MG, gren, MG, mortar/ sniper, then tech up. But depends on the map, and my team. If they cant be counted on, I'll have to assume I'm doing everything myself, in which case, see above BO. If you can agree that one player will build support weapons, and one will build infantry, great. Also, on maps like angermuende, MGs might figure more prominently in my BO. I typically reserve my doctrine choice until I know which way the game's going.
24 Apr 2014, 15:18 PM

My usual start is gern,mg,mortar,gern and then T2. But of course your decision must be based on your commander, bulletins and personal preferences.I know that many people like to start their games with double mgs, but I personally think that 1 mg for the Germans is enough due to its large radios and its long setup time.
25 Apr 2014, 13:36 PM

And this has all changed now...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight