Login

russian armor

Hit the Dirt

23 Apr 2014, 08:07 AM

Anyone using this since the new patch?

As far as I can tell it's pretty much useless and I don't think I've seen anyone use this ability in a while.

My understanding is that it was actually ok sometime ago, and mostly used to attack mg and bunker positions by providing the unit with a cover bonus whilst another unit flanked. But now that we have heat-seeking mortars and the potential for massive damage from rifle grenades I can't see any real reason to use this ability.

Thoughts?

23 Apr 2014, 08:13 AM
Honorary Member Badge

tbh i think it may have gotten nerfed into the ground and was promptly never spoken of again. ;)

but i could be wrong as i neever used in except in alpha/open beta when it was stupid OP.

that and people only really (ab)used it because it was OP. even if it was balanced and good. i doubt people would notice as they have moved on to the next OP thing.
23 Apr 2014, 08:21 AM

wifidi has a very good point.
It's not that bad now, but people used it in the past because it was OP.

The problem with HTD now is more with managing to reach a distant close enough to actually deal damage before activating HTD, not losing too many members while closing.
23 Apr 2014, 08:22 AM
Donator 11

i find it its still pretty strong.
23 Apr 2014, 08:30 AM
Honorary Member Badge

one of the concerns i have with smgs being point blank only now the commander/abilty got another potentially huge nerf. but i haven't tried it sooo its just theory crafting on my part.
23 Apr 2014, 08:51 AM

The ability is indeed useless.

The ability only comes in doctrines with PPSH41s. If you have PPSH41s equipped, all your opponent needs to do is take 2 steps back and he will be out of the danger zone. Or 4 steppes back and rifle-nade you which you can't dodge except by retreating.

Even without ppsh41s the ability is bad.
23 Apr 2014, 08:55 AM

Useless. Only easy kills for terminator grens
23 Apr 2014, 10:24 AM

Ahh I remember the times when it wasn't on soviet defensive doctrine and NKVD doctrine level of usefulness.

Forget it ever existed and move on.
23 Apr 2014, 10:57 AM

It used to be op a long time. They nerfed it to be useless except as a tool to own MG42s by avoiding suppression. Now that everyone is busy spamming out 5+ grens with no mg42s it's just useless except for baiting your opponent into riflenading squads you'd retreat anyway.
23 Apr 2014, 11:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2014, 10:57 AMCruzz
It used to be op a long time. They nerfed it to be useless except as a tool to own MG42s by avoiding suppression. Now that everyone is busy spamming out 5+ grens with no mg42s it's just useless except for baiting your opponent into riflenading squads you'd retreat anyway.

Even with normal BOs with MG42 it would still be useless because of weapon profile which makes sure conscripts won't hit anything smaller then a whale unless they stick a rifle in its butt.
23 Apr 2014, 11:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2014, 11:00 AMKatitof

Even with normal BOs with MG42 it would still be useless because of weapon profile which makes sure conscripts won't hit anything smaller then a whale unless they stick a rifle in its butt.

Nah, it's still useful in that one single niche. The damage bonus against weapon teams pretty much guarantees that the conscripts will force the MG42 to relocate if there isn't another squad around to help it dps the cons down.

It's just that this niche doesn't actually exist against 99% of the playerbase thanks to them playing with wildly inventive build orders that can be typed with one button on the keyboard.
23 Apr 2014, 11:24 AM

honestly, i would like if hit the dirt would work like this.

Simply increased accuracy by 20%, and 10% higher ROF.

No cover bonuses.
23 Apr 2014, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2014, 11:24 AMBurts
honestly, i would like if hit the dirt would work like this.

Simply increased accuracy by 20%, and 10% higher ROF.

No cover bonuses.

But that's the reason you "hit the dirt", so you won't get your head blown off...
23 Apr 2014, 13:29 PM

But that's the reason you "hit the dirt", so you won't get your head blown off...

Or your but...
23 Apr 2014, 13:33 PM

I would like to see it reworked or changed to another ability.
23 Apr 2014, 16:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What about letting you crawl while using HTD ?
23 Apr 2014, 16:23 PM

I still have too much PTSD from uber skilled players using cons spam with PPSH + HTD when its defensive bonuses stacked with cover and become almost literally invincible to small arms fire. Oorah into the cap circle, HTD, come at me bruh.

As it is right now it's still pretty decent if you know what you're doing. Considering it costs nothing to use it's fine being situational. Being able to crawl with it would probably be all it needs to be perfect.
23 Apr 2014, 16:35 PM
Patrion 15

The main problem is the cooldown to turn is off isn't long enough to dodge a rifle nade after using it. That and you have to be standing on top of your enemy to do any damage with PPSHs, and with no mobility, your opponent simply walks away and picks at you from a distance....the ability is useless.
23 Apr 2014, 16:45 PM

At least make the cover, green cover. Conscripts are Close range units so green would still be balanced.
23 Apr 2014, 16:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2014, 16:23 PMShazz
I still have too much PTSD from uber skilled players using cons spam with PPSH + HTD when its defensive bonuses stacked with cover and become almost literally invincible to small arms fire. Oorah into the cap circle, HTD, come at me bruh.

As it is right now it's still pretty decent if you know what you're doing. Considering it costs nothing to use it's fine being situational. Being able to crawl with it would probably be all it needs to be perfect.

I think we have travel a long way back from that time.

HTD stacking cover > nope
PPSH sp > nope
Units invincible to small arm fire > nope (not even shocks now yay!)

I haven´t seen HTD for a very long long time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★