Login

russian armor

Hit the Dirt

23 Apr 2014, 16:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2014, 16:23 PMShazz
As it is right now it's still pretty decent if you know what you're doing. Considering it costs nothing to use it's fine being situational. Being able to crawl with it would probably be all it needs to be perfect.

No it's not pretty decent if you know what you are doing. It's decent if your opponent is absolutely clueless in what he is doing. And even then it's only decent.
23 Apr 2014, 17:01 PM

What about letting you crawl while using HTD ?

I have thought about it for last 10 mins and that actually doesn't sound bad.
Grens are superior long range fighters anyway, cons still wouldn't be able to dodge automatically vehicles and be easily run over unless they hit retreat.

The only issue is crawling up to the MG42 with molo and creating new Niagara falls of german tears.

This ability will be hard to rebalance, there is completely zero pros to get conscripts stationary, but many cons.
23 Apr 2014, 19:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2014, 17:01 PMKatitof

I have thought about it for last 10 mins and that actually doesn't sound bad.
Grens are superior long range fighters anyway, cons still wouldn't be able to dodge automatically vehicles and be easily run over unless they hit retreat.

The only issue is crawling up to the MG42 with molo and creating new Niagara falls of german tears.

This ability will be hard to rebalance, there is completely zero pros to get conscripts stationary, but many cons.

Just increase the cooldown before you can deactivate and further increase the cooldown before you can use it again so you can´t abuse it against an MG.

Shouldnt the prior changes (higher DPS) and last changes (25% damage into 25% accuracy) will be enough to deal enough damage to an aproaching con?

Edit: i would add that i would prefer a quicker movement of the crew once a support weapon gunner is killed.
23 Jul 2014, 15:25 PM
Donator 11

I know hit the dirt basically gives you yellow cover. But how does it function if you hit the dirt in green cover?

Will you get green or yellow or an even better cover bonus?

And is the bonus then side dependant? Like if the hit the dirt in green cover gives green cover bonus, will you then get it even if you are on the wrong side of the cover?

Greetz!
23 Jul 2014, 15:30 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I could be wrong, but I believe they made it so hit the dirt and cover bonuses no longer stack.
23 Jul 2014, 15:31 PM

I know hit the dirt basically gives you yellow cover. But how does it function if you hit the dirt in green cover?

Will you get green or yellow or an even better cover bonus?

And is the bonus then side dependant? Like if the hit the dirt in green cover gives green cover bonus, will you then get it even if you are on the wrong side of the cover?

Greetz!
You could have just made a new thread rather then reviving an old one from april, but I too would like to know the answer to this question.
23 Jul 2014, 15:32 PM

Hitting dirt while in cover doesn't give any extra bonuses, they will not stack. You will just have your conscripts licking the walls, and seriously bricks are not really a good source of minerals.
23 Jul 2014, 15:44 PM
Donator 11

But the question stays...do they get green cover bonus in green cover or is the hit the dirt the only bonus they get? ;)
23 Jul 2014, 16:01 PM

I still use this ability from time to time, I do find it useful when caught with your pants down even if it's not an MG but you can't find cover close by, or want to cap a point and hold the line without cover around. Just hit the dirt and then you can still retreat if you need to.

Against MGs though it's obviously the most useful. Hit the dirt with a squad to draw it's fire then use the other flank or attack it with relative safety.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 42
Germany 765
unknown 20
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L