Login

russian armor

Get rid of ram.......

22 Apr 2014, 14:22 PM

T34/76 gets overdrive
T34/85 gets AP rounds like vcoh at guns, plus using it reduces effectivness vs infantry
Quick and simple
22 Apr 2014, 14:24 PM

I doubt someone from relic actually gonna do it.
22 Apr 2014, 14:25 PM

this would be great.
22 Apr 2014, 14:28 PM

So T3 gets left with 0 AT capability and T34/85s, the only decent soviet generalist, gets buffed even more?
22 Apr 2014, 14:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2014, 14:28 PMCruzz
So T3 gets left with 0 AT capability and T34/85s, the only decent soviet generalist, gets buffed even more?

The theory is that if you go t3 you already have at guns, plus flanking german armor with t34's stock speed is pretty hard. Giving the t34/76 ap rounds is an option as well I don't mind. Also the zis-3 should already have ap rounds instead of the artillary ability.
22 Apr 2014, 14:32 PM

Still people who believe relic will remove ability that they have once put in?

Relic adds abilities to units, never once have they removed any post release, no matter how bad it was(lightning claw terminators anyone?).
22 Apr 2014, 14:36 PM

They might change what it does though. Like make it a sort of stun ability without completely disabling either tank. I like the idea of having ram in the game. I just don't like how it's implemented.
22 Apr 2014, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2014, 14:32 PMKatitof

Relic adds abilities to units, never once have they removed any post release, no matter how bad it was(lightning claw terminators anyone?).

Well,they removed scout car sniper.
22 Apr 2014, 15:18 PM

I think most people's problem with ram is that no matter how well you position your tanks, a frontal ram can result in damaged engine + main gun destruction based on pure chance.

IMO if a german player over extends his tank or is not mindful of its positioning, side and rear rams should be rewarded with damaged engine and/or main gun damage based off of blessed RNG. Frontal rams should be punished by only allowing a crew shock. Its a step closer to a more competitive game based on tactical thinking and less about chance. It rewards the careful german player who covers their flanks and likewise the soviet player who pulls a risky flank with a T34.
22 Apr 2014, 15:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2014, 15:13 PMBurts

Well,they removed scout car sniper.

That wasn't really a unit ability.

That was a unit synergy.
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

IMO its probably the single derpiest ability in the game. It is an example of introducing a completely unnecessary dice roll into the game.

I think most people's problem with ram is that no matter how well you position your tanks, a frontal ram can result in damaged engine + main gun destruction based on pure chance.

IMO if a german player over extends his tank or is not mindful of its positioning, side and rear rams should be rewarded with damaged engine and/or main gun damage based off of blessed RNG. Frontal rams should be punished by only allowing a crew shock. Its a step closer to a more competitive game based on tactical thinking and less about chance.

I agree, but it is always a risk. German armor for some reason have pretty good rear armor, so even if you ram from the rear it will sometimes only crew shock.
22 Apr 2014, 15:22 PM

I like the idea of it.
22 Apr 2014, 15:23 PM

IMO if a german player over extends his tank or is not mindful of its positioning, side and rear rams should be rewarded with damaged engine and/or main gun damage based off of blessed RNG. Frontal rams should be punished by only allowing a crew shock. Its a step closer to a more competitive game based on tactical thinking and less about chance.

And if thats the case then crew shock shouldnt shock the soviet tank and be no less than 10 seconds.

Lets face it a T3 Sov vs T4 Ost would be broken just as bad with or without ram. With Ram at least you have a CHANCE to damage the Panther. And how the hell are you supposed to flank that race car?

I am actually fine with Ram being removed if they gave the T34/76 decent Pen. Or damage on deflect. So you could at least chip away at Panthers. 40 damage on deflect?
22 Apr 2014, 15:23 PM

honestly , i think it should work like this

On ostwind, panzer IV, stug
100% chance to disable main gun from front and rear.
On panther :
0% chance to disable main gun or engine from front
100% chance to destroy gun and engine on rear ram
On tiger :
0% chance to disable maain gun or engine from front
first rear ram = destroyed gun
second ram = immobilized.]

Elefant would work the same like the tiger.
22 Apr 2014, 15:51 PM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2014, 14:32 PMKatitof

Many of the vet one abilities were changed early on in COH2 as well as Soviet barbed wire fields being switched to normal wire.
22 Apr 2014, 15:56 PM

Many of the vet one abilities were changed early on in COH2 as well as Soviet barbed wire fields being switched to normal wire.

It was all changes in beta.
Open beta is still beta.

I have specifically said post release.
22 Apr 2014, 16:05 PM

I completely support this idea. Remove lolram, and balance the tanks accordingly. T34/76 was superior to the the P4 when it hit the battlefields, but in it's current state, lolram is so unwieldy to balance that the tank is kept in a less than optimal state. Removal would open the tanks to being balanced properly.

It is unlikely, but I do believe it is the best move for Relic, if they want to balance the T34/76/85 properly.
22 Apr 2014, 16:10 PM

The theory is that if you go t3 you already have at guns, plus flanking german armor with t34's stock speed is pretty hard. Giving the t34/76 ap rounds is an option as well I don't mind. Also the zis-3 should already have ap rounds instead of the artillary ability.

But what if you don't b already have at guns guns cause you went penal sniper?
22 Apr 2014, 16:24 PM

But what if you don't b already have at guns guns cause you went penal sniper?
Any competent soviet player would not go t3 if the went t1.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
United Kingdom 18
Germany 32

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak