Login

russian armor

How do mortar bulletins work

21 Apr 2014, 15:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

So after this patch I find myself using mortars a lot more and I thought why not use a bulletin for it.
Most of the bulletins speak for itself but I wasn't sure what some of them meant.
Both factions:
Mortars auto-barrage more accurately. Is autobarrage using the barrage, ordering to attack an enemy or is if you let it free fire?
Mortars auto-fire more accurately. I guess this is if you give no orders and just let it sit and shoot but im not sure
German
Mortar fires more accurately. It has the same explanation as the previous bulletin but it only applies to the german one. Is this one better than the allfaction bulletin?

And just in general. They don't provide any information on how more accurate they fire so is it worth it at all to use them? How do mortars decide where they land any way.
21 Apr 2014, 16:03 PM
Patrion 27

All of the bulletins for artillery and mortars have been bugged for AGES and make shells fire in totally random directions and Relic won't even post a disclaimer on the bulletin page, remove them or do anything about it. Enjoy.

p.s. Sniper Bug still there too.
21 Apr 2014, 17:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

All of the bulletins for artillery and mortars have been bugged for AGES and make shells fire in totally random directions and Relic won't even post a disclaimer on the bulletin page, remove them or do anything about it. Enjoy.

I use an auto-fire accuracy bulletin, and a vet bulletin. My mortars do not shoot shells all over the place. Have you even tried them?
21 Apr 2014, 18:34 PM

sorry for out of topic question but what is this bug?
21 Apr 2014, 18:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2014, 17:37 PMOhme

I use an auto-fire accuracy bulletin, and a vet bulletin. My mortars do not shoot shells all over the place. Have you even tried them?

Yeah my mortar definitely feels like it inflicts more damage but maybe it is just a placebo :P
21 Apr 2014, 19:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2014, 18:34 PMAbdul

sorry for out of topic question but what is this bug?

I guess he is talking about the bug on which they don´t autofire when they are in cover.
21 Apr 2014, 20:32 PM

no the bug its that when u add 2 bulletins that affect accuracy in the mortars, they start shelling them self's to death
21 Apr 2014, 20:45 PM

Permanently Banned
no, it just makes them have real accuracy, so it will shoot forward somewhere like in real life :D
22 Apr 2014, 01:16 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

no the bug its that when u add 2 bulletins that affect accuracy in the mortars, they start shelling them self's to death

He asked for the sniper one :P
22 Apr 2014, 07:23 AM

Problems with mortars is they are to damn "effective" against friendly troops.
It's true that they became more effective after 25 march patch because there is less movement on the map and troops are more often bunched up in cover so I use them more than before. But because of friendly fire, I tend to use them in combo with units that generally engage from distance and not from upclose (AG, ppsh cons).
22 Apr 2014, 16:34 PM

The mortar bulletins work fine. I use the auto fire accuracy one which really ramps up the amount of hits it scores when left to its own devices near the front line.

I have seen people using the barrage accuracy one, which might be good if you are a ninja with mortar micro. I however am lazy with it and like it to score free hits while I micro other things.

I think the problems come if you stack mortar bulletins, this may cause strange behavior.

I dont know about the arty bulletins. Pretty silly to use as your warning your enemy to plan from the beginning to kill a howie.
23 Apr 2014, 02:41 AM

From what I understand, they subtract a value (0.5 is the highest i think) from the far scatter value i.e. the spread at maximum range. So if the shot scatter (or spread) is 8 to 17 (at minimum and maximum range, respectively) it will be 8 to 16.5 with the bulletin.
23 Apr 2014, 02:42 AM

I'd opt for vet or ability cooldown bulletins, personally.
Only Relic postRelic 23 Apr 2014, 15:36 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Just confirming the bulletin had been fixed since the last update.
23 Apr 2014, 15:55 PM

yay?
23 Apr 2014, 16:18 PM
Patrion 27

I never bothered testing since it was bafflingly not included in the notes. Is there a benefit to ghost changes that I'm not seeing? Anyway, I just tested it out even with all three accuracy bulletins equipped for the GrW and the bug is fixed. Thank you.
23 Apr 2014, 16:26 PM

the unit itself is broken, i guess the bulletins have to be broken too
23 Apr 2014, 16:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2014, 16:26 PMatwar
the unit itself is broken, i guess the bulletins have to be broken too

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %